Jack herer indoor grow journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ethanthesteak, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Led light damaged bud. Sent foxtails everywhere, spotty trichome production, and much lower density. Only a small part of celica was affected luckily, need to keep lights further apart from eachother next time 1524355828491.jpg 1524356133907.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Found gray mold on my last nug :(. Had to throw it away, was a big one too. Looked closely to all the other buds on my rack, found a couple very small patches in a couple of the nugs that were near, cut them off as well. Screw slow drying at this point, i need to kill any possible spores. Keeping humidity at 45% and temp at 75 and added in a circulating fan. Buds will dry quicker and not be as nice, but hopefully theyll survive. It would be an absolute disappointment to lose them at this point. What a bittersweet end to 3 days of trimming. Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. First is new grow set up (already in week 4). Just transferred into half filled 2 gallon fabric pots 2 days ago, well see if it helps at all. Most clones were pretty rootbound and tmv made it worse. The one clone i top dressed with worm casting leftovers from compost teas and was able to fit alone in the big tent is doing the best (back left corner). Only had a limited amount of soil and amendments which is why theyre only half filled. But its still amended with perlite, dr. Earths organic fertilizer, roots bat guano and the last of my mykos added in with FF as a base. Given theyre already near halfway through flower, i dont think theyll need a full 2 gallons anyway. Still have two clones leftover that were in the worst condition. Leaving em in to see if they die or make a comeback somehow haha.

Next two are pics from the dry tent. No mold spotted since then but i still need to be careful. Buds are much denser than ive ever grown before! 1524670752219.jpg 1524670801057.jpg 1524670829246.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well, shit. Any sizeable nugs had a greyish white mold on the inside. These are in there own jars now until i decide if any of the online tips for salvaging moldy buds are safe. The smaller buds didnt have mold on or in them, so im keeping them. Even though theyre dry, im keeping all the lids off the jars for another day to make sure. Im concerned about non visible spores on the smaller buds, but well see how it turns out. Trim was also mold free. Ive definitely lost about half my yield if nothing can be done with these slightly moldy buds. Fuck you mold. Just fuck you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shit to hear man

Dinafem blue cheese fems

Auto blackberry kush by Dutch passion

Red dragon barneys farm + mars cobs

Uk outdoor guerilla grow

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gutted for you. Beaut grow, and I hope you can salvage enough to make it worth your time and effort.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks man, was going mostly pretty good until this. Going to try and water cure the molded buds and see if that gets rid of it

8. Got two of these bags full of buds. Just looking at them you cant see mold, its not until you break them open so im hoping its not very much.
    1524837203870.jpg 1524837557016.jpg

9. Well, the good news is my first plant finished curing today. Weight was a bit over an oz of super nice great smelling bud. Considering the amount of space it takes up, my total weight easily couldve been over a lb. But i geuss i cant think about that now. Just gotta hope this water cure works. 1524963078797.jpg

10. Upper left: mother theresa (1 oz yielded)

Lower left: all clones and captain special which were harvested early and oven dried due to unforeseen circumstances (came out better than expected, still weird tho).
    (1 oz yielded)

Mid left: water cured buds which were dried in a food dehydrator and jarred today, couldnt find any mold on them and will keep an eye out for any reforming while jarred. Humiditys below 30% in there so hopefully theyre good. (Weight Awaiting confirmation of safety)

Mid right: both jars are successfully cured lower buds (3.7 oz yielded)

Lower right: trimmmmm

Upper right: stems cuz theyre vapeable and i dont like to be wasteful

Jack herer was a quoted 8-9 week strain that took 12 weeks and despite mold resistance molded anyway. Im assuming being in a carpeted room with inadequate air circulation is to blame for the mold. Ill post closer pics once the whole harvest is for sure safe from mold. 1525857955853.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1st and second pic: early harvested oven dried buds

3rd and 4th pics: mother theresa

5th 6th and 7th pics: all water cured unmolded bud. First two are the same bud but broken open in the second. You can see some brown mold damage in the middle, but ive gone through them with a 420scope and a jewelry loop with no visual mold accumulated after a week of jarring. Humidity was about 30% inside because they were extra dried with a food dehydrator. Buds taste as ive read about them. No mold taste, no taste at all infact. Just throat hit. Its pretty nice actually. I like both ways, but dont read into that too much. The success vs failure ratio in other forums about water curing molded bud left me skeptical, but i can tell you it works. I submerged them 2 weeks just to be safe. Its just as potent if not more than my regular buds!! :)))
    (2.5 oz salvaged)

8th and 9th pics: a mix of jack and celica regular dried and cured buds. Smells getting better and better everyday.

10th pic: trim baby

And with this, the grow journal comes to a conclusion. It was alot of trouble getting this to smokeworthy, but its undoubtedly been worth it to grow the best bud ive ever grown. Ill be sticking with organics, but maybe not visions genetics. Thanks to anyone that kept along! Not sure when ill start my next grow, but ill do my best to journal it as well. Happy growing! :) 1526429994141.jpg 1526430042683.jpg 1526430157623.jpg 1526430204554.jpg 1526430281906.jpg 1526430375584.jpg 1526430411413.jpg 1526430984654.jpg 1526431017571.jpg 1526431150084.jpg

12. Glad to hear you managed to salvage your bud, well done!. I thought mold is the end times..

Heres one of the bigger arms from My Jack I pulled today.my biggest ever and smells so good, just like from damn :D

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Whooooowee thats a good bud!!