Jack herer indoor grow journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ethanthesteak, Oct 30, 2017.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]

Planted vision seeds jack herer bought from seedsman in rockwool for germination (might use plugs next time). 1 of 4 sprouted, which is unfortunate. Ill be attempting to make a mother jack herer plant from the one sprout, then take clones from her which i will then put in my 400w 4x4x6 tent. The mother will stay in this 2x2x4 tent vegging. There are 2 80w generic chinese bulbs and a 24w apollo horticulture bulb in the desk lamp. Ik screw in leds arent used often, but i believe this should provide the best power and spectrum for the tent size. All bulbs together cost roughly $70. Im using a pitcher plant and venus flytrap in the tent as pest deterrent, as well as beneficial nematodes which i may have to buy more of as they could expire before i get a chance to use them (box says 4 weeks). Should be a butt punching grow! Currently the sprout is in a solo cup filled with fox farm, and the humidity keeps on dropping a bit lower than id like so im spraying once per day in addition to my humidifier. scrogging and topping will be done on these, being an indoor sativa grow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Transplanted sprout into ff ocean in a 2 gallon fabric pot, with mykos. Itll be staying in this tent until veg, when i take clones from her, grow em out until they outgrow their solo cups, then transplant into 2 7 gallon fabric pots in my big tent. Watering currently using 2ml/gal hydroguard, 2ml/gal seaweed extract, and brita filtered water ph'd to around 6.8. Switched to using a sprayer to water her instead of straight out of the can. It makes watering without it all coming out the sides of the fabric pots much easier, since it doesnt create channels in the soil as easily. I was worried the flytrap and pitcher wouldnt be able to handle the increase in light of this tent, but they love it! Just have to be careful when watering not to spill any onto them, as they can only handle untainted distilled water. So far growth is good, and im happy! Just have to do all i can to baby her into being a female. Ive seen from experience that these lights arent powerful enough, and space isnt big enough for a satisfying full grow, but for housing a mother i think this setup will work perfectly!

3. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New leaf has a strange shape to it. Its curled, but not like its suffering any kind of stress or deficiency. Im just chalking it up to a strange mutation, and hope it doesnt affect the plant too negatively. Added 1ml/gallon azamax to my last watering today. For the past 3 days mixture was aerated with an air pump and tube. Its not a compost tea, so im not expecting huge bacterial cultures or anything, bit i have the pump, and i dont think aerated water will hurt. Currently using, 2ml/gal seaweed, 2ml/gal hydroguard, 1ml/gallon azamax, and GH ph down in brita filtered water. Still happy with her!

4. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Finally got a 1000w LED light!!!!!...

...with stipulations.

Its a cheap chinese made ebay light (a "castnoo" apparently) with an actual wattage of roughly 200w. I havent tested it, thats just what is estimated. This should cut my power usage in half from my old 400w hps/mh setup. The description states it will replace a 600w, but it also had such broken english that all i could really make out was "this light make you plants happy long time" or something. So i guess ill find out. However, Its much brighter than my current bulb LED setup, and the plant is definitely growing noticeably faster. I was hoping being an led, the temps wouldnt raise too high in the small mother tent. These hopes did not last long. After an hour, the temps had climbed from a steady 75-78, to pushing 83. I need to have the ac in my room set to 70 all the time with the door closed, and that still only gets it to 79-80 inside the tent. The cheap $20 80w bulbs, seemed well made, and ventilated better than this one apparently. They were a thick aluminum, and had pointed edges around the outside, which would slice into your body with no forethought if you ever fell or stepped on it. Until i slightly dropped one of them, and now it flickers more than a supercars headlights when top gear shows it sliding a corner in slow motion. In contrast, this 1000w was advertised as a "lightweight aluminum/PVC frame".

I am yet to find this aluminum they were talking about.

But i love it! $110 is a great bargain! And shes loving it too.

Speaking of her, its a girl for sure now! Those pistils in the 2nd to last pic indicate exactly what i was looking for. Im going to let the plant get a bit bigger and get sturdier stems before i take any clones though. And finally i also purchased a $45, 10 outlet, surge protector. Nicest one ACE had, and ive always loved ACE. Keep it on my wall with velcro strips.

Just incase anyone on here cares, the carniverous plants are liking the light too! No signs of burn so far. Whats really interesting, is that when i water them i can see the millimeter big MAYBE, beneficial nematodes swimming around the top of the distilled water puddles at the top of the soil! Glad to see them doing their jobs all over the tent. As a conclusion to this update, a second baby flytrap sprouted from the middle of my adult flytrap!!! I thought the baby might pop up eventually somewhere in the pot but definitely not there. I have no idea how this is gonna workout haha!! And heres the pic:

[​IMG]

Good growing! See you in a few weeks or so!

• Like Like x 2
  5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CLONING DAY!!!!

my plants been showing some deficiencies the past few days, so i upped the nutes a bit, and plan to add more next watering if shes still asking for it. Ive also been foliar feeding to try and compensate. Even so, it seemed like the appropriate time to take clones. The clones leaves were not yet affected by deficiency, and the plant seems like the right size. Cloned like normal, but i decided to dip in cloning solution THEN roll the tip in mykos, and put into the rockwool cube, to give it the best chance i could think of. My clone setup is 4 clones in cubes, a heat pad on bottom, a towel then the clones on top of the towel, with a clear storage container on top.

6. [​IMG][​IMG]

2 CLONES ROOTED!!!

1st had more roots, but forgot to take its picture :/. I transplanted both into solo cups of foxfarm dusted with mykos, then watered both with xtreme compost tea thatd been brewing for 28 hours. Continuing to brew for 20 more hours, before i give tge rest to the mother plant.
    GOIN ORGANIC BITCH

7. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My mother plants deficiency has been resolved thankfully. Jack herer is notoriously finnicky with its feeding schedule, and ive been wanting to go all organic for a while so i thought it seemed like a good time to do so. Let the microbes do the work. Compost teas are great!! I use xtreme tea for my grow. I clipped off all of her very damaged leaves, but left the only slightly damaged ones. Im going to let her prune herself mostly, given she wont flower. I planted my first two clones (2 on the left) in regular fox farm then drenched with compost tea, and the right one was a late bloomer and smallest clone planted in an organic soil mix made from a recipe by youtube channel "cali green" then drenched with tea. Guess well see if theres a difference! I hope the clones are ok, the leaves edges are yellow and some of the upper leaves are curling at the tips. I havent seen much growth if at all since they were planted, other than being less wilted. Next time ill only spray the dome, not the clones directly. But my mothers looking beautiful! Upper leaves are a little on the pale side, but theyre still green and useful to the plant. Hope i dont have to take more clones, but good to know i can. After/if the clones outgrow their cups, theyll be transplanted into my cali green soil mix. Happy growing!

8. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Transfer day!

The two clones with the most roots, were the first 2 clones that rooted, despite it being the only one put in the soil mix (who knew?). It did however recover the fastest from its original transfer. Both were transferred into my cali green soil mix, in the 7 gallon fabric pots. I made less soil than i thought, so ill be filling in the remainder with fox farm when i get my hands on more. All plants were also watered with xtreme compost tea after transfer. Excited to see these ladies blowup! This jack is clearly wanting alot of food, as you can tell from some more deficiency in the past 3 days in the mother, so im putting all the leftover compost from teas on the top of her soil, and all plants will get 2 waterings compost tea, to 1 watering seaweed and molasses. Hope that keeps them at a sufficient microbial and nutrient level.

Happy growing!

9. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Moved the mother plant back into the small tent, replaced the broken 80w led with a cfl of unknown wattage, but larger than normal. Filled in the remaining space in the second clones pot with unamended fox farm. Im spraying the mother with a mix of FF grow big and seaweed daily for humidity and a bit of foliar feeding. Dont want to apply any to the soil so as to keep the microbes alive. Put up the scrog so as to make more nodes for clones. I ordered roots organic bat guano to add to the teas for increased nitrogen, as i think thats the mainly deficient nutrient. Clones are doing great, the second one (right) doing the best. They are displaying the mothers same occasional leaf variegation, and the clone still in the solo cup seems to have possibly topped itself? In any case, the nodes are all at the same height, but still very healthy.

10. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Just pics mostly. growth is good, mother recovering, weird patch on rightys leaf, some leaf curling on lefty, solo cup plant is doing uncomfortably well haha.

11. P.s.s.
    Environment hard to maintain with personal heater, but doing my best

12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Put up my scrog 11" above pots, and added a bag of ecogreen c02 producer to the tent. Im already breathing less so i think it works

• Like Like x 1
  13. Also, think im going to make the solo cup my new mother possibly, but i didnt have all the ingredients for a cali green soil mix. I did recently purchase guano to add to teas tho, so this mix includes fox farm as a base, dr earths fertilizer, perlite, and guano in the pot i transplanted her into last night. Hopefully shell fare fine without the extra worm castings and compost. Well see!

14. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ladies have grown quite a bit in 3 days!! Clearly loving the co2 addition. Intetesting to see that most of the growth is outwards instead of up. Getting bushy!

• Like Like x 1