Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with making homemade tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Clb02l, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Hey guys, I’ve been buying tinctures cause I use them before bed and sleep soooo good cause they kick in hours after I’m sleeping and keep me asleep. I tend to purchase as strong tinctures as I can get. Like tincture that has like 1200 mg thc in each. But my question is did any of you make your own? Looking to see if it’s cheaper going this route and can get as much or even more potency. If I can dm anyone and maybe they can walk me through making my own I would greatly appreciate. Or should I just keep buying them from dispensaries. Cost like $80 each. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm not sure about potency or dosing. But, the following thread is a goldmine for tinctures. Post #4 has a basic recipe.
    Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes get ready to do some great reading. Tons of knowledge in here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 GroBuddy, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    Get a magical butter machine + everclear

Throw in cannabis, press a button and walk away. Strain when cycle is done, store in a dark cool place. Making gummies or candy just boil the alcohol off for Rick Simpson oil ( RSO )

Machine comes with a cooking manual for oils, butter, and tincture. Usually a recipe booklet is also included. The decarb box comes with kit or sold separately. Greatly decreases odor, generally home will smell of cooked weed for days if cooking enough, also makes it easier to decarb with the thermometer insert just set temperature and timer.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. What are weed tinctures? The complete guide on how to make cannabis tinctures and consume them safely. (news – 2021) What are weed tinctures? The complete guide on how to make cannabis tinctures and consume them safely

Cannabis tinctures 101: How to make, consume, and dose them. (news – 2022)
    Cannabis tinctures 101: How to make, consume, and dose them

How to Make a Cannabis Tincture: Easy Cold Alcohol Extraction. (news – 2022)
    How to Make a Cannabis Tincture: Easy Cold Alcohol Extraction ~ Homestead and Chill

How to make a cannabis tincture (news – 2022)
    How to make a cannabis tincture

Everything You Need to Know About Making Marijuana Tincture (news – 2022)
    Everything You Need to Know About Making Marijuana Tincture - RQS Blog

How To Make Cannabis Tinctures From Marijuana Stems (news – 2022)
    https://thefreshtoast.com/how-to/how-to-make-cannabis-tinctures-from-marijuana-stems/

(from the NEWS section of "Granny Storm Crow's List"- New 2022 Granny Storm Crow's List )

Granny

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 Joker1121, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    Agree with @TimJ. Our own tincture guru, RIP PsychedelicSam, explains it all in his recipe. If you're not interested in decreasing the chlorophyll and plant matter in your tincture the freezer step is not necessary. There are a number of threads currently active about making tinctures on Grasscity. @starguy has a thread, Making tincture the modern way, and is doing some interesting things. Also check out posts by @Tokintb12.
    An ounce of 20% cannabis will give you about 5600 mg (about 4,500 when extracted) and you have the cost of your EverClear. You'll want 190 proof, or the 200 proof available now. You can definitely save some money. And if you have access to concentrates it gets easier. No need to reduce to the desired volume.
    No need to go anywhere but GC. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  7. I agree with all above. If you make a tincture ,undecarbed, and let it sit for four months, you will have the best tincture ever. No heat ever.If you want to reduce it down for a stronger tinc,let evaporate with small fan. Best buzz and taste.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. About to do a distillate tincture
    IMG_20221227_124552.jpg

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000-3500 mg in the 4 cartridges if you take into account the additives and bad math dispensaries seem to use
    I use silicon cupcake liners to put the cartridge oil in for decarb
    This is a convenient way to make quick infused oils and syrups without cannabis taste
    These products are past expiration but perfectly fine
    They were cheap at $20 a cartridge because I bought them a few weeks before expiration
    If you are motivated and ready to process you can make very inexpensive edibles for yourself
    Talk to your dispensary

• Like Like x 4
  9. Welcome to the City.

Tincture by definition means a substance soaked in grain alcohol. Cannabis Tincture hits fast in only a few seconds or minutes as the alcohol carrying the Cannabinoids is rapidly absorbed in oral and stomach tissues.

Edible oil takes a longer route through the stomach and eventually to the Liver where it undergoes transformation from Delta-9-THC (inhaled and tinctures) into the stronger 11-Hydroxy-THC. This conversion takes from 45 minutes (Coconut oil) to 2 hours or longer (all other cooking oils).

It sounds more like your using an oil regardless of what they are calling it. See what it contains. If it list any oil then your high is primarily coming from an Oil rather then a true Tincture.

Many of us make Tinctures and Edible oils. Both are relatively easy to create.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Tincture
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Oil.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1