Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Calling in the big guns on this one BNW. beyond my moderator capabilities.

@Lizard King , anyway to help get @BrassNwood 's pics back? They start again at post 120.

2. Thanks my Friend.. :)

BNW

3. @BrassNwood
    Thanks for posting! I've been making the capsules from kief. They are pretty potent and I have posted on here about the instant pot decarb I have done.
    I don't grow but usually buy kief. I want to buy ounces of flower when on sale here in Canada and collect my own kief.

I'm following the Hashmaster 5000 in its exploits and wonder if you have done any revisions to your collection setup with the reciprocating saw etc?

4. No real changes. Same process on the Kief making side of things. Grow the weed, Shake the Buds, Make Capsules with half and toke the rest.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrassNwood, A moment ago
    [​IMG]

I dumped all 14 half gallon jars of cured Summer Buds and it looks 7 gallonish.
    Next step is some dry ice and a couple of hours of shaking.
    ================================== Next day.
    Being almost down to the last bowl of Kief I hit the Ice House for dry ice and got busy.
    [​IMG]

With ten pounds of Dry Ice I got to smashing.

[​IMG]

7 gallons of Buds

[​IMG]

Shake, Shake , Shake.

[​IMG]

Half way.

[​IMG]

90 second shake.

[​IMG]

Damn I love this stuff.

[​IMG]

14 half gallon jar of buds gave me back 12 jars with about 15 grams of Kief per jar.

[​IMG]

Not quite 4 inch of scraps.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. [​IMG]

A scoop at a time. Tilt the box 45 degrees and keep scraping the goods back up the slope while the seeds drop to the bottom.

[​IMG]
    With most of the seeds removed I got started on the Decarb and got 2 trays done.

BNW

7. This thread never gets boring to read!

So I see you use 1-2grams for 30ml of alcohol you use for your tincture.
    How much weed will you recommend to use if you want to get stoned from 1dropper ?

8. When I make Tincture I pour 750ml of 190 proof over a near full quart jar of Bud scraps.
    I get back 500mg of Tincture after pressing. This is that strong. 1 eyedropper = smoking a joint.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Combine and shake well..
    [​IMG]
    1 inch is about all the potato ricer will press and I keep the pressed pucks and jar them for alcohol extraction later
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Does anyone have working links for hash master ? I can’t view any pics or the video

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. First 6 pages of links are down. Page 7 they start and it's intact from there.
    Page 11 has good shots of the HM5K

An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    This is very early in my Dry Ice journey and has all the missing pictures. I'll hunt down the vid if I can.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BrassNwood, A moment ago
    [​IMG]

Decarbed the last 2 quarts of scraps and got to work making Tincture.

[​IMG]

4 half gallons jars in all.

[​IMG]

First quart down.

[​IMG]

Fill with scraps, fill with 190 proof, shake, squeeze.

[​IMG]

Knock the pressed out bits into the bucket.

[​IMG]

More 190 proof.

[​IMG]

What I got back from the little over 4 jugs I started with so there is a jugs worth of 190 proof still trapped in the pressed scraps.
    ============================
    With Tommy finally taking my RSO and on the last I had on hand it was time to get going on the next batch as I had everything on hand. Decarbed scraps and plenty of 190 proof.

More to come as I get to it.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  12. BrassNwood, A moment ago
    [​IMG]

Pressed scraps with Alcohol still trapped.

[​IMG]

Add enough water to cover and agitate..
    [​IMG]

I used a cup and scooped up a load at a time and pressed.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the rest of the tincture got reduced very nearly getting back what we started with.

[​IMG]

The pint of water I deliberately add so the still doesn't run stone dry. This was left running in the shed and should be fully evaporated to Tar by morning.

[​IMG]

I got back nearly a full 1.75L of Alcohol from the wash water I rinsed the scraps with.

All in all I lost about 1 full jug of high proof Alcohol running off the 4 half gallon jars of scraps. With the 2 newest jugs I just distilled from the 4 bottles of Vodka I'm one jug up from where I started.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  13. BrassNwood, 2 minutes ago
    [​IMG]

Added 4 tablespoons of Coconut oil. (no Lecithin yet) and scraped all the tar loose

[​IMG]

Scraps pile fully depleted.

[​IMG]

Started baking. And baking.
    240-250 F

[​IMG]

Did some deep watering while I waited. Weeded more.

[​IMG]

Waited. Still got bubbles and foam when I stir.

[​IMG]

More waiting .

[​IMG]

Eventually around 3pm it became still and I poured off the Coconut oil and loose sludge into my usual working dish. At this point I added 2 tablespoons of Lecithin and heated another 15 minutes.

Cleaned the burnt on, stuck on, crusted bits off the reduction dish with 3 rounds of Ez-Off oven cleaner.

Left the working dish in the freezer and I should be good to fill capsules in the morning.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  14. @BrassNwood - I tried the dry ice kief process and your cooking instructions yesterday, thanks for sharing...suffice to say though, my first test dose knocked me out for 14 hours....in a good way...I think....

With all the broken picture links though, I couldn't find anything detailed showing your reciprocating saw device...how does it stay attached to the bucket during a shake? And you're shaking for more then 10minutes?

Do you find that shaking more then a few minutes is just going to cause the dry ice to break the plant matter up into the smaller micron levels and essentially ruin all the well sieved kief?

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG]

The saw support guard is removed and the attachment is a broken stub of a blade drilled and bolted to angle bracket bolted to the plastic 1 gallon paint can.

Shake time is 60 to 90 seconds as past that your getting a fair bit of leaf dust.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. [​IMG]

With the blade guard removed the saw rests on the soft rubber fore end and lets the bucket hang deep enough.

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  17. Some people have used a torch to heat and bend the blade skipping the need for the angle bracket.

I used to shake tincture for a total of 10 minutes but even that is 10 seconds now. You may have read that and mixed it with the HashMaster.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. Heyy @BrassNwood , I think I made a complete disaster with the couple of tincture badges :(

I see lots of people use crock pod or just open air evaporation. I used rice cooker without any thermometer. Do you think I overheated my material? If so, I will drop the rice cooker and will stick to open air evaporation.

19. #440 BrassNwood, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    [​IMG]

To avoid running the still empty ( did that once the first run ) and rather then spending an hour trying to scrape the tar off the still I add a cup of water to the 2 gallons of Tincture I distill the Alcohol from. This leaves the Tar suspended in the water above. The fan evaporates all the visible water overnight. However it'll still have a fair bit of water locked up in it.

I add my tablespoon of Coconut oil and work it loose from the big pan and transfer it to my working size dishes and start baking the water out. This can take hours before the dish stops bubbling and foaming. It doesn't seem to change the stone all that much despite all the extra heat time.

Once it is calm I add my Lecithin and heat 10 more minutes.

If I don't bake all the water out it melts the Capsules and all my work is ruined.

Try some but I'm guessing it still will have plenty of Hammer. Might have a good sleep factor with some degraded CBN but you'll need to test and see what it does.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1