Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles Only Kick in After a Drink or Two

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cannabird, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Seems like I have "uptake issues". I've been making these caps for about 9 months now that my friends can't handle 1 but 4 for me and and I only get a light buzz. I made some from a friend's stash for him at his house and he and his wife can't even handle a half of one. They buy sprays and tinctures now at the dispensary that seem to be mellow enough for them. Three other friends were blown away by just one. So I know mine are good.

Lecithin has helped me but not much. Antacid seems to help a little as well. I noticed if I drink a beer or two sometimes that will really kick it in to a better level.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Try it with a RedBull. If it kicks it in faster or harder. It has Taurine in it and that may be your issue. It's a part of the digestive system that involves the uptake of nutrients. I've done reading on using it with growing but have been yet to try it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know for a fact after weeks of classes for bartending that it drastically ups the intake of alchohol, normally a person only takes I. A minor percent of consumed alcohol, adding taurine into it, such as redbull and vodka, raises it to as high as 80% more intake of the alcohol in the drink. Reason why so many places won't serve then anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sounds like we are on the same boat

Sent from my SM-G973F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. The simple explanation is that your tolerance has gotten high.
    I give stuff to friends, and I use about 12 times as much as they do.
    Maybe you need a bigger dose.
    Rotating among several different strains can help keep tolerance from increasing too fast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]
    I make mine from Kief. 83mg each we figure.
    1 drop of this is to much for my wife.
    2 caps and I'm still functional (50 drops)
    So that shows you how wide the range can be for who needs how much edible.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I'm using your method and recipe but only using flower as that is what I have access to. I could buy some dispensary stuff but the cost is prohibitive here. Very expensive.

8. I don't do caffeine. 8 years now.

9. Jesus that stuff is dark how often do you filter or winterize that before you capsule it? Or how are you making it to where it’s so dark?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. What difference does it make what color it is?

11. Generally the darker it is means the more plant matter that’s in it which in return can mean it’s not as potent as it can be. That’s why I asked how he’s making it.

12. [​IMG]

160 micron dry ice kief. Zero plant material.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BNW

13. I like how you incorporated a sawzall and don’t get me wrong but if your only running your hash through a 160 micron or 120 micron filter then your getting a lot more plant material then you would want to believe. I’ve run it all the way down from 25 microns and even through 10 micron screens and seen what the difference was in quality and it was amaze balls.

14. I get about a 15% return off my buds and the oil is strong enough for my needs. I've made the oil from higher grade store concentrates and unless it's in the 70% range or higher it isn't that much stronger then what I can make in the back yard.

Finer micron screens your into diminishing returns and if I was growing huge trees it would be doable but with the current amount I grow this is working well and has for several years. The whole idea was to kill my post surgical pain and it does that extremely well. The heavy stone is just a little side effect.
    LMAO :). Trust me it really doesn't need to be any stronger then this.
    [​IMG]
    Even a single drop of this can overwhelm low dose users. One of these would have my wife way over her personal happy place.
    [​IMG]
    I can never resist cleaning the dish after making capsules and this will have me several feet off the ground stacked on top of the cap I had for breakfast. Occupation hazard you'd call it.

One of the growers that used to hang here did a shake down to 70 microns as I remember as well as adding tincture based RSO in the mix for even stronger oil but I never felt the need as if I want more stone I take a second or 3rd cap but that will have me up against my personal dose limit.

[​IMG]
    A full (0) sized cap holds 25 drops and that is good for me. Most people I make them for are in the 4-6 drop range.
    My neighbor open the caps and takes a tiny bit on a toothpick and she's good. Any stronger oil presents dosing issues worse then I currently deal with. For my wife I mix the contents of a capsule with 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil and she gets 7 drops of that thinned oil.
    BNW

15. I bought some 74% "crumble" yesterday. I'm going to try make some with that.

16. Lol all good I mainly wanted to know your process and how much of a refinement your getting too. I myself do a subcritical ethanol wash ( it’s easier then having to clean up dry ice hash with a credit card speciallywhen it heats up and sticks to everything ) then run the original subcritical ethanol with the dissolved tricomes through a coffee filter or two just to double check for any extra plant material and for the final run through I run it through a ion filter ( which on the last run was a half pound of shake so it took 24 hrs to filter )pulling everything but the thc and cbd out. This is from a few of my last batches that I did a run through and it’s the strongest I’ve ever made. Literally micro doses or your floored. My returns for the oil alone was recently 2g of oil per oz of shake and 4 to 5g of oil per every oz of bud. But you may be right in finished returns but for quality it’s noticeable by a long shot. The picture is the thc oil left after some of it was done.

[​IMG]

17. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/lonerangers-southwest-corner.1428481/page-29#post-24909933
    Check out this thread for some outstanding extractions work.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1