Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. [​IMG]
    Low on hash it was time.
    [​IMG]
    Recovering the Dry Ice after shake
    [​IMG]
    3 grabs from the 5 gallon bucket O buds is about right to load the pre-chill smasher.
    [​IMG]
    Chewed through about 3 gallons of good quality spring buds.
    [​IMG]
    Go on dump it in
    [​IMG]
    Ya like that.
    [​IMG]
    I like this part best. DOH !!!
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. [​IMG]
    4 frozen fifths of 190 proof 4 quarts of weed bud scraps and I get back 2400 ml of tincture abouts. You can see 2 of the tinctures on the left.
    [​IMG]
    Extract the alcohol from the tincture
    [​IMG]
    Wind house over the kettle
    [​IMG]
    This watery mess is what come out of the still after I recover the alcohol.
    24 hours of fan will evap this
    [​IMG]
    Looks tasty yes ? HA
    Scrape and wash the goo from pan to working dish with some fresh 190 proof
    [​IMG]
    And evap off the alcohol.
    [​IMG]
    Really looks, smells, and taste like roofing tar by this point.
    [​IMG]
    Added an equal amount of Coconut oil ( 2 tablespoons) and some lecithin. 1/6th by volume.
    Heated 20 min at 220 F
    Left in the freezer overnight and I'll get more done with it today but it's mostly finished. One more heat cycle to insure no trace of water or alcohol remains to melt the caps.
    RSO Brass style.
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Is that sneaker in the last pic a NewBalance 928 4E extra wide?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Got me stiggy.
    Says Starter on the tongue but the rest is wore off now and I'm about to junk them as they are really gone.
    Didn't wanna wear my shiny new white sneakers to dig in the dirt in. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. They are the only thing I can wear for any length of time and still walk later in the day
    The New Balance MW928's but they are pricey too
    I have a few older pairs for my dirt days (which is almost everyday round here)
    Thank You

6. #247 BrassNwood, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    [​IMG]
    4 very cold fifths of 185 proof recovered alcohol on hand and 2 half gallon jars of pre-decarbed weed scraps I knocked out some tincture.
    [​IMG]
    The take
    [​IMG]
    Cross transferred it makes up a full 1.75 and a shot.
    [​IMG]
    Recovering the wet weed gives back around half of that lost 750 ml
    [​IMG]
    Running the tincture gets back most of that 1.75 ltrs as pure clear alcohol and leaves that 300 ml of water behind with all my canna tar goodies in an easy to rinse form still.
    [​IMG]
    Time to pour off
    [​IMG]
    24 hours under the fan should have most of the water off and leave a couple of tablespoons of tar behind.
    Losses are mostly in the wet weed stage and it's 500 ml or a tad more when I run this same load time after time.
    Refilling my 4 fifth bottles to reload the bar fridge again required me to get into most of another fifth I'd distilled the last run from 151 to my 185 ish I'm guessing my pot still can produce.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hey BNW, I've been lurking for a bit and am a fan. I have been making Hash Caps for a couple years now using BK's recipe, making them for a friend. They work very very well. To date I have been screening manually and the Hash Master 5000 is just what the Dr. ordered. Being a retired builder I have the tools and ability to put things together. It came to me I might be able to bend the Bi-metal sawsall blade using heat so I clamped the blade in a vise, heated it up to red with a propane torch and pounded it right over to a 90 degree bend. (Can't figure out how to upload a photo.) Just a little detail for future reference.
    Back in post #138 you made a brief mention of using 30% bacon grease. How did those turn out? Since you let them melt in your mouth I am curious how is the flavor?
    You have inspired me with your approach and I am sure there are many more of us out here who sincerely thank you as well. It takes time to document and publish all that you have done, kudos to you.

• Like Like x 4
  8. @belizeboy
    Really any cooking oil gets the job done and the bacon fat worked just fine and is tasty as can be.
    Was a bit slower to kick in IMO but that could be subjective too.
    BNW

9. [​IMG]
    With enough of the summer harvest dry I picked up 10 pounds of Dry Ice and got to smashing.
    [​IMG]
    30 grams to be decarbed
    [​IMG]
    2 sets got done for about 200 caps
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. #251 BrassNwood, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    [​IMG]
    So I made caps and

[​IMG]
    More caps and
    [​IMG]
    Tincture and
    [​IMG]
    Oct 4th More hash
    [​IMG]
    And we got serious about making some caps
    [​IMG]
    More tincture and
    [​IMG]
    Enough dishes and enough hand capping it eventually starts to add up. 800ish
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]
    Two 15 grams piles
    [​IMG]
    Back from decarb it's darkened a bit and it's had the whole neighborhood smelling of something delightful.
    [​IMG]
    The usual amounts of oil and lecithin.
    [​IMG]
    WOOOOHOOOOOOO !!!!
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  12. #253 BrassNwood, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    With all the scraps decarbed from the last round of hash making I knocked out some tincture.
    [​IMG]
    The usual load out. Most of a quart jar of bud scraps and a full fifth of ever clear
    [​IMG]
    Enough weed to run 7 fifths of alcohol
    [​IMG]
    Distilled off 3.50 liters of alcohol and just the cup of water and the tar floaters are left
    [​IMG]
    The fan will reduce most of the water off by morning leaving just the layer of cannabis tar-oils
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. [​IMG]
    Down to just tar. Added 5 tablespoons of Coconut oil and back in the oven for most of the day at 150 F to get the last of the water out.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. 10 pounds of dry ice and
    [​IMG]
    Hashmaster 5000
    [​IMG]
    Command chair
    [​IMG]
    Action stations !
    [​IMG]
    Standard load is half a 1/2 gallon jar
    [​IMG]
    Pre run bucket does the initial chilling and keeps the power bucket frost free
    [​IMG]
    Recovering the dry ice
    [​IMG]
    Typical take after 60 seconds of shaking.
    [​IMG]
    MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm
    [​IMG]
    Play Dough goodness
    [​IMG]
    Damn I love making this stuff
    [​IMG]
    Todays haul.
    Decarbed the first tray of scraps as well
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Looks amazing BNW!

After a week of having caps at work and then a week of not having caps at work I wanted to say thank you for doing this journal and tutorial. This by far has been my favorite and most effective way to medicate. I barely even had to smoke the week I had caps...Again just wanted to say thank you so much.

Wondering a couple things about the hashmaster 5000...

1.) If I used a different micron screen wil it still be effective? I was thinking of using a 120 or maybe even a 90 micron screen. In hopes to get a better quality hash and leave more behind for edibles...right idea and would work or 160 is the best for this set up/process?

2.) It looks like you fill up the can 1/2 way with cannabis and then the rest of the way with dry ice? Is that the case or is there a gap at the top?

3.) I read that you generally shake for about a minute per load. Is that about average. And It generally just slows down rather than change color or see plant material coming out?

Thank you so much. Hoping to try this saturday!

• Like Like x 2
  16. @BrodMan Organics
    1. Yes a finer mesh will be a better grade kief but a lower yield.
    2. It's a handful of buds and about twice that much dry ice in golf ball sized pieces. Full load is about half the gallon can so plenty of shaking room.
    3. 60 seconds seems to be the best length of time for the 160 mesh. Some trial will be needed to dial in the best time and speed.
    BNW

• Like Like x 6
  17. [​IMG]
    It's that time again.
    [​IMG]
    Power shaking rules
    [​IMG]
    After shake
    [​IMG]
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    [​IMG]
    GAWD !!!
    [​IMG]
    I love doing this
    [​IMG]
    More
    [​IMG]
    And
    [​IMG]
    For
    [​IMG]
    This
    [​IMG]
    Part of the post shake scraps thawing in the sun.
    I'll decarb and ethanol wash this to tincture.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  18. [​IMG]
    4 well chilled fifths of 190 proof and 3 of room temp (not shown)
    [​IMG]
    7 shy quarts of decarbed weed by dry measure.
    [​IMG]
    Typical load and I'll dump a full fifth of booze into this next.
    [​IMG]
    Shake for 10 seconds and squeeze out in small loads.
    [​IMG]
    Refilled my empties and got them back in the bar fridge chilling.
    [​IMG]
    Tincture recovered.
    [​IMG]
    Dumped it all into the still plus a cup of water to keep the still from running dry.
    [​IMG]
    And that cup of water with our canna tar in suspension will set under the fan overnight and evaporate off that water.
    More steps when that's done to make it into RSO.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  19. Yeh man this thread is a little bit better for me. All good. Probably a device thing. How's the hash smoke when it's dry? Like old school Lebanese?

I love it man...i lust for that hash :jump:

• Like Like x 1