Too late to sow outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by hannahj, Jun 21, 2018.

1. okay, i'm new on here and I know this question is kind of difficult to answer due to many factors but anyhow...I am in the midwest area and I just got a few durban poison seeds that i'm about to germinate from a friend and I have never grown outdoors before. I know it is the end of June, but my question is, is it too late to start growing outdoors? and also assuming I do everything perfect (topping, pruning, proper nutrients, ect.) what type of yield could i expect? also I will be putting them in my backyard with plenty of sunlight. any input would be greatly appriciated. thank you.

2. @Canada Guy I live in Southern Michigan and the seeds are not autoflower, they are photoperiod durban poison seeds and i believe my friend who gave them to me said they were by a breeder called hazeman

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well that helps a lot! So knowing the strain you would be able to look up the ideal growing conditions as well as the growing time required. Where I live the summer is short and winter comes early so I need seeds in the ground early or start indoors.

Canada Guy's UFO Grow
    Canada Guy's Indoor Garden 2018
    Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

4. anybody?

You can do it but your plants wont be very big. A buddy of mine put some clones in the ground second week of July, the plants got about 3', had some nice buds though. This was in Norther Michigan.
    There not gonna start flowering til around the middle of Aug. harvest sometime in Oct. depending if its Indica or Sativa dominant. Indica. First part of Oct. Sativa End of Oct to the first part of Nov.

Edit: But you better get after it if your gonna do it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's very late, but you can do it. Expect a Nov harvest, not sure how the weather is there.

6. thanks @wildwoodweed yea i'm not sure exactly when harvest time would be the seeds i have are durban poison which is 100% sativa but from the information i found on the strain it is probably the earliest flowering sativa. also, what type of yield did your buddy get on those clones he put out in july?

7. Its almost too late but not too late yet. You will have smaller plants and might finish a few weeks later but its still worth it.

8. thanks @Boggieman ! i know there are many factors involved, but assuming i do everything perfect what would be a reasonable estimate on yield per plant for durban poison in southern michigan?

9. If it were me , id go hydro and run 5 gallon hempie buckets the growth will be quicker than soil and get you a larger yield than soil

10. what type of yield did your buddy get on those clones he put out in july?

12 Plants 2 pounds dried

11. thank you!! I was hoping for a qp a plant but i guess that might be a pipe dream. one last question, haha, which strain was it that your buddy planted?

12. A QP per is definitely out of the realm for you just time-wise, but maybe 2-3oz per plant is a reasonable, conservative estimate.

If they're regular seeds, if half are male, you have 2 females and maybe 1 or 2 make it all the way to the end, a half lb grow is a reasonable expectation if you're lucky, have pest control down, and you're good.

Good luck and happy grow season.

13. I was hoping for a qp a plant but i guess that might be a pipe dream. one last question, haha, which strain was it that your buddy planted?

Mr Nice. Also is a Indica dominant strain.