Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RSO Help With Strain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kimmattboxer, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Hello,
    We are planning to make some RSO (my mom has non-metastatic pancreatic cancer that we just found out about a month ago). We are starting a grow house (luckily, my dad is a horticulturist). I had read that the best strain to use is one with high THC and high CBD. So, we bought these seeds: Link. Now, I've read some information that says the CBD isn't that important and that we should have bought one with higher THC and lower CBD. Did we make a mistake? We can reorder if we didn't get the right one.
    Thank you!
    Lindsay

2. @kimmattboxer
    At best your anywhere from 4 to 6 months from harvest so I'd look into sourcing some local supplies until your harvest comes in as it were..
    For RSO the strain isn't all that critical as getting started as soon as possible is..
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    Either thread will help you create quality RSO..
    If your in a legal state ( Green ) head off to the nearest dispensary and start pricing ounces as you'll need a good amount to work with..
    A Red state (unfriendly) will present a bit more of a challenge..
    BNW

3. Thanks for all that information! Risking jail seems like a small sacrifice when compared to risking my mom's life. I'm glad we didn't mess up on the strain. Now I will take some time to read what you posted. :)
    Thanks,
    Lindsay

4. Don't get all caught up with this or you'll stress yourself out. Just grow some good cannabis, make oil from it and you'll most likely start to see a reduction in her tumor markers within the first month. Sometimes they will go up before they come down so just go with it. Cannabis has 400 compounds in it and we've only scratched the surface in knowing how they fight cancer but we know it is working. Don't get all caught up with what percentage of this or that. Here is a list some strains you might look for. Violator Kush, Critical Mass, Pineapple Chunk, Girl Scout Cookies, White Rhino, Northern Lights, AK-47, Harlequin, Ghost Train Haze and Island Sweet Skunk.

• Like Like x 2
  5. do people use the quick auto strains to treat cancer with? like a 30 or 60 day wonder strain?

6. I would assume so, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is it better to mix the strains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Not better, not worse. If the plant is going to get you high by smoking it, it will make stellar oil. Tagteam1, did you get a chance to get on the Rick Simpson sight? You may find this quite helpful. Producing The Oil « Phoenix Tears | Rick Simpson . Remember, smoking is good for pain, oil is good for killing tumors and healing, juicing the cannabis is for over all health.

9. My mother in law used RSO to go from stage 4 cancer to no detectable cancer with no radiation and no chemo.
    I documented much of it here on GrassCity.

Our research led us to high THC indica based varieties. We got some high CBD RSO to mix in as needed to help manage psychoactive effects, which were less desirable in this case.

We also had her on a strict ketogenic diet, which helped in concert with the RSO. Other than that, a liquid multivitamin. We ended up needing magnesium supplements as well because she got dangerously low. We don't know if that was related to the RSO.

She worked up to 1.5g/day, which gets pretty expensive. You will not be able to grow and harvest in time to help. I really hope you aren't risking jail, but I would too knowing what I know now. We also found a nonprofit group that gave her 5g/week with her diagnosis. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What is the best solvent to use? I've read about several but would like to opinions

11. Hi Lindsay; just wanted to let you know that your not alone. I'm facing the same thing you and your family are facing. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 adrenal cortical carcinoma a very rare cancer. She had the main tumor removed but unfortunately it's now in both lungs. There isn't a first line of defense but we're trying a drug called Keytruda praying that'll help. In the meantime I've started a grow. I'm growing violator kush and should be harvesting the last of this month. I'm really hoping to get a pound or at least close to it to make her enough oil until the next harvest. I live in a prohibitive state but for me it's a no brainer. I hope and pray for you and your family that she'll beat this terrible disease.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I think that is the million dollar question. I have a good friend who makes the oil as a compassionate caregiver. He has gone with the Rick Simpson method of using Naphtha. Then, he got off of it to find a cleaner solvent. After much experimenting, he is now back using the Naphtha. He said it's twice as strong as anything he's used. Here is an article that feels like ethanol and olive oil were the most effective. https://www.medicaljane.com/2014/02...t-is-the-best-cannabis-oil-extraction-method/

13. Have you been able to find any oil to give her at all tagteam1? The sooner you can get her on it, the better. Feel free to private message me if you need guidance on how to give this to her. I don't mind walking you through the steps every bit of the way. I know you said you are in a prohibition state but start finding who is fighting for cannabis in your area. They may know of a compassionate caregiver that will provide your wife with oil. Try your local Norml chapter to see if they know of anyone who might help. Look on facebook for (your area) and Medicinal cannabis to see if you can find anyone there. I'm sorry you have to deal with the hassle of finding this while you are going through an already stressful time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I am using isopropyl. It is very similar to ethanol in effectiveness and toxicity. It has the huge advantage of being available at the drugstore at 91% for under $3 per liter. Put a few drops of water in the oil when the solvent is all but evaporated will help purge the isopopyl. I tried salting it (saline separation) to get the percentage higher, but the salt crystals and flavor in the final product werent worth it. There is no flavor of iso left, so I assume it is sufficiently purged. Isopropyl isnt in the same toxicity class as naptha or hexane (although hexane has some advantages).

15. I don't agree with isopropyl alcohol. It is considered a class 3 volatile solvent. Food grade ethanol and alcohol are not. Since you are new to this you may end up with a bit of residual solvent which is not healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The strain is ok. Consider this though. You should be staggering your growing. Plant 2 new plants each week. The benefit of this is that once you reach harvest time (assuming you are indoors or in a greenhouse) you will have 2 plants every week to harvest and use. This is perpetual. Also, you will be able to cut clones off of your vegetative plants and prepare new plants.

Yes there is a lot of conflicting information about CBD and THC. Few pieces of info even touch on the other cannabinoids or the terpenes. My wife was diagnosed just 3 months ago with stage 4 ovarian cancer and her CA 125 (cancer in blood) results have gone from 1100 to 002 (got news today!). We have had her on high content 70% CBD oil since the beginning. She takes two 100 mg vaginal suppositories during the day and one 200 mg suppository at bedtime. The CBD:THC ratio is 20:1. We have her using a low dose (only 1 mg THC per dose) vape pen just to be sure there is some THC in her system. We have been adamant that the CBD oil we are using does have the lower cannabinoids and terpenes in it. Some processes remove these. Also, the CBD active content is 70% which is high.

Jeff

• Like Like x 3