Perpetual Outdoor Flowering in "Off Season" Socal Question

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Gleeky, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Hope everyone is well!

I live in socal 10 miles from the coast and can grow just about anything year round. How viable is the following:

Establish mothers inside
    Take clones as needed
    Root clones and plant two or three of them in each 45 gal no till smart pot where they will flower from September through early Mayish.
    In order to keep the clones in veg to grow them out a bit before flower, I plan on keeping cfls on a timer for a few hours at night.

From what i've read, it's recommended to pop beans into their final no till beds rather than transplanting clones and/or young plants. Any exception to that rule?

If I am able to veg the clones inside in 1 gal pots and then transplant outside into no till I'd prefer to do that and then pop beans directly into their final post during the normal grow season.

Would love to hear what you guys think, especially if you transplant clones/teens into no till.

Thanks for your time.

2. I can't help, but @BrassNwood does something similar to this.

Some folks were having a discussion about this in the no-till thread not too long ago, starting somewhere around here...

No-Till Gardening: Revisited

3. Mothers inside is good so long as you have great lights

plant the clones outside this time of year and they fall immediatly

to flower considering the light times..cfl's is good

I regular potup from either 650ml/4inch pots to 3usg

or larger often with rapid rooters that saves a lot of hassle and space

much of your post is of a personal preference ...no hassle

good luck

4. Thank you both for the responses!

5. I'm at the beach about 100 mile north of Santa Barbara and usually grow my major crop in the summer, and use winter for a booster crop or to make seeds. Winter is perfect for this because the plants grow slower due to lower temps and flower on demand due to short sun hours. Here are some pics from previous winter grows.
    I start in buckets, determine sex, and choose what females I want to put in the ground. Or I might decide to just go with several bucket plants.
    I use CFL's to keep in veg till I'm ready to flower. CFL's (200w bulbs) light up my yard like I'm signaling airplanes. So to not draw attention from the neighborhood I put the lights in buckets. Makes all the difference in the world.
    PA090003.jpg PA090001.jpg
    When the plants start to reach the bulb inside the bucket, I hang the bucket light and adjust the height as the plant grows.
    P1010005.JPG
    I use a timer to break up the dark cycle to keep the plant vegging. When it's time to flower I just shut the lights off for good. I time the flowering to finish up in time for a new crop in the late spring.
    I don't mess with clones. I just make my own seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Now I'm wondering if you're 10 miles from me.:lmafoe:

7. South San Diego County here :)

Thanks for the posts! Love the bucket idea to keep light leaks to a minimum.

Appreciate the insight!

8. Jan 1st = Harvest, Take clones, Transplant vegged plants into the ground.
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same
    October 15th = Same

[​IMG]

This set went into the Ground today and I'll harvest them December 31st.

Most of my off season vegging gets done in an old garden shed under T5 High output Fluorescents.
    Clone in 1x1 inch cubes
    Transplant to 3x3 inch pots to start vegging.
    Transplant to 5x5x7 inch pots for more vegging.
    Transplant to 10x10x10 inch pots for the last of the veg.
    Transplant to ground for flowering.
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    It's all here.
    BNW

9. Thanks for the response Brass! Sounds like a great/rewarding system you have down.
    Hope it's okay if I pick your brain from time to time? Cheers!