No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. So Cal water tends to high PH and my local city supply runs a steady 8.5 PH. Made the decision long ago it had to be on straight hose water for me to grow. Eventually all that high PH water started to show in the plants so I dropped the lime off the list when I mixed the next batch of soil and added Powdered Garden Sulfur @ 1 tablespoon per CF

Dramatic change in appearance and smell. However that isn't a permanent fix and needs recharging as does my Chicken manure so I'll dig out the sites toss it all in a wheelbarrow add my amendments and stir. I'd have had to dig out most of the site anyhow to get my fully vegged plant in the ground site so the Sulfur dusting and Chicken Manure amend is just how it's got to be for my grow style.
    It's been the same soil for years now it's just till in most spots :) 3 sites and the 2 biggest SIPS are large enough and are true no till and get top dressing only.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  2. Well the idea of adding an hour only of light mid darkness to keep from triggering flower seems like the best idea but I would be worried about stress of some kind.

3. For sure @loki125 there are many ways to break the plants flower cycle only limited by ones ingenuity.
    We've had growers that didn't want that all night glow coming from the back yard and alerting the neighbors use timers to bring them on for just a couple of minutes acting like motion lights do when the neighbors cat walks past.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. They guys i know that do it havent had any issues with stress and its the same pattern every day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you tons!!!

I know here in Cali municipal water varies huge from area to area and each treatment plant uses water from very different places.
    For some reason my Blue-Lab Ph meter is missing but I do need to know my Ph.
    Is the garden gypsum pellets I use at 1/2 cup per cubic foot the lime component?
    I just started making soil yesterday ( 2 ft.³) with the items shown @1full cup per!
    Need to have at least one large fabric pot ready for next year.
    I guess once my indoor area gets too crampt I'll go outside and plan on adding light.
    Plants will be on wheeled pallets so I could roll them under my covered BBQ area with a timed LED till June.

The best idea is to get this "Tree" desire done and out of my head and just make an indoor dedicated veg/clone space and just do like you.
    Yes our weather is crazy nice and frost has not been here for a long while.

6. This idea would be great,one hour of LED at midnight to 1 am January-May!

7. Brother Sit is in City of San Berdo. Doc is out in the sticks an hour north of the Springs near the MC base.
    I'm likely closest being at Rivers End.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. unless I'm way way off that's a couple hours north of SF?

9. Ah,Long Beach?!?!

10. Seal beach,30 min away!

Nice!

11. These look nice but their shipping is more than the pot!

12. Call them direct or check them on Amazon Prime. There are deals

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just over the line into LB. I spend much of my time on a boat in the harbor there.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hahaha,I just ordered the real SP on Amazon

But ill look at them for all future pots for sure,do u know if their quality is on par with the overpriced SP brand?

15. Looks like a lil trip north may soon be in order!

16. Any idea what real added lighting times would keep them in veg and not add stress at all?

17. Lemme know if ya see any,they are much cheaper than real SP but still want $15 shipping and no Prime is offered.