Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Noob - need help with RSO for family

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ETMH, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Hello there

Not sure where to start so to put blunty my mum has cancer and isn’t seeming to get better. She has cancer around the bladder and the doctors will not operate as it’s too near a main artery. After two years I feel it’s time to try something new.

She has been taking CBD oil everyday for the past 16 months but as mentioned the tumor is still there, and perhaps moving to different areas now.
    I have been readingabout RSO and all the cannabinoids and would like to start trying to make my own. Thing is I’m in UK so all the weed I get etc is well I’m sure you understand. At this point that really lot doesn’t bother me but strains are limited.

my questions are:
    Should I be looking at indica or sativa strains?
    can I make my own RSO at home with weed I buy from dark market, should I avoid certain strains eg too crystally etc

sorry if I’m rambling but I don’t really know what I’m doing. I’m booked to Amsterdam in August so gonna go there and see what else I can find out but if anyone can give me some tips or where to look (currently just watching YouTube videos) it’s be much appreciated

thanks everyone

2. In general, indicas are considered calming and sleep promoting.
    Sativas are considered to be energizing and uplifting.
    My wife went thru something similar, and has recovered after chemo+radiaton+cbd+weed.
    RSO is no better than any other edible, except that it is more concentrated, and smaller volume is needed for a dose. Some versions of it recommend dangerous solvents.
    Even if you decide to grow your own, it will be several months before a crop, so you'll need dispensary herb in some form.
    CBD will greatly reduce the thc high, but is a mild stimulant that can cause sleep problems for some of us.

A viable strategy is to use sativa+cbd during the day, then a strong indica at night for sleep.

It's pretty easy to make your own medicated oil capsules from dispensary flower or concentrate, but you do need capules and a candy dropper

In the beginning your mother won't be able to tolerate much thc, so start very slow, something like 5 mg thc.

If you do decide to make your own, folks here can help.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank you.

It won’t be dispensary, it’s all dark market so I’ll have to be making my own (in UK).

There are a lot of RSO sellers but I think I’m better off buying the buds and doing it myself as I don’t know what they are putting in it and only have their word. Plus the dangerous solvents idea, not too keen on that.

so if I buy some flower, make my own edibles, that’s just as good as RSO?

4. If your mom has cancer you want the strongest med she can handle, thats rso, up her tolerance slowly w/ edibles, them start rso, search badkat ,and p- sam their the ones here who know alot bout meds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. There is nothing special about RSO except for its high concentration.
    Almost any edible will do what RSO does, but you will have to ingest more.
    If your mom can swallow, the simplest thing to do is make canna caps.
    BrassNwood has an excellent method that you should consider.

Ardent Lift/Nova and FX are also excellent devices for decarb and infusion.
    With these, medicated oil could be made in a few unattended hours, and be used by the spoonful or put into caps.

In any case make sure you have some cbd for daytime use (maybe along with a sativa), and a strong indica for nighttime use. The indica will promote healing sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #7 BrassNwood, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

They all use the same basic oil that BadKat covers
    I make both Hash edible oil Capsules and RSO versions and for cancer patients it is interchangeable as both work equally well at fighting the disease.
    Being in the UK I'd suggest using Hash as it is far stronger and the doses will be much smaller and easier to take.

Hash usually comes in a compressed block form and we need to expand it for our use. Torch, Lighter or stove Flame a corner and with thumb and finger fluff off what will work easy. Torch again and work off more until you have what you need.
    Decarb Hash 240 F (115.5 C) for 40 minutes ( uncovered fluffed hash in the oven)

5 grams decarbed hash
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil (14.7ml)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (2.4ml)
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (104.4 C)
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes

Done.

It's your mother and we don't want to scare her so start very slow like this.
    [​IMG]
    I make up a mess of 1 drop capsules to find a new users dose range.
    With Kief-Hash it's about 3mg per drop.

Take 1 and wait a full 2 hours
    No effects take 2 more and wait 2 additional full hours.
    Still nothing take 4 more and wait another 2 hours
    Continue doubling and waiting until it works. Keep track of how many drops were used and now you have a baseline.

Make her the required number drop capsules.
    6s for example.
    A full (0) size capsule holds about 25 drops of hash-coconut oil mixture.

[​IMG]
    Capping

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3 tablespoons of Coconut oil and 1.5 teaspoons Lecithin in each dish. Triple batches shown =15 grams of Kief
    [​IMG]
    I take this every day and make it several times a year as I harvest and shake out more Kief. While I make it for my own medical issue when asked I supplied it to one of my wife's former coworkers and she was just the first in a long string of acquaintances we've helped over the years with a wide range of medical issues many Cancers and other ailments.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrassNwood's method will work just as well as RSO, and be easier to make.
    There could be a problem with whole herb and stomach upset, in which case you'd need to make FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil), which is a safer alternative to RSO, and just as concentrated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. @BrewsnWeed666
    Drop in for a bit my friend. We have another UK resident and your presences is requested. I know you are using locally procured goods. Post a picture of the average hash block if you would please.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morning everyone

thank you so much for all your replies, quite overwhelmed and so grateful. Whilst the weed strains in UK are quite limited, Moroccan hash is a lot easier to come by.

I’m currently looking at getting some for next week and the gelatin caps I’m sure I could find.

Amazing the stories I’m reading about now, there is a good chance this may really help her.

• Like Like x 2
  10. best of luck bro!:thumbsup:!

• Like Like x 1
  11. And don't forget to listen to some of the stories on this site. http://cannabishealthradio.com/search?q=bladder

12. Thanks for all your help guys
    I just smoked some weed for the first time in a long time to learn a bit more but tbh nearly blew my head off lol (gonna write new post now as need some more advice).