New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. #1 Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. You guys are too sensitive. Anyway. I don't think it takes more boards with the qb96 elite to fill a space compared to the qb288. You just have to run the 96 boards slightly higher current level and longer light distance to give them space to spread.

I've heard of a few second hand conversions with HLG reps via email. They claim that 4 qb96 elites with 2 HLG 320h-c2800a drivers can cover a 5x5 no problem and outperform an 1100 watt gavita DE. If that's the case I don't see how 4 of them wouldn't fill a 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey man, we’ll know for sure pretty soon.

It wasn’t sensitivity, for me, it was clutter. I had more gd alerts today than any other month here. Almost every one from an off-topic guy who couldn’t stop typing. I tried to help him, but found out the help he really needed was someone to listen to him talk. I’m sorry, i don’t have the time or patience for it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. More boards is always better but if 4 $99 boards can cover a 4x4 we are actually starting to approach the price of HPS even with high end led. That's exciting to me.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I thought I got it
    I bought the HLG-240h-54a
    What’s the HLG-240h-c2100 diff
    I got reconfused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  6. You’re good. He was confused. The c2100 is for qb120’s.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So, when are your ups arrival dates?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tracking is from USPS and mine hasn’t left yet.

• Like Like x 2
  9. @Soil2Coco , i assume you watched the vid that tbone linked. Get any ideas about how to hang those?

When i map them we’ll have a better idea about spacing, but if i use more than 4, i’ll probably put them in a fixture(s)
    Mine hasn’t left yet, but ups says thurs...you’re apparently closer to ohio, so prob earlier.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I’m just mounting them in aluminum angle like Timber does their COBs, and how I built my qb120’s. I’ll be able to slide them around to mess with spacing Incase there’s overlap, which I’m sure there will be

• Like Like x 3
  11. Source & parts?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Making some progress on far reds, will update when it’s nailed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. This is probably going to be best ready-made fr option: Far Red Initiator Puck

Working on amount needed...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Numbers above are per individual 96.

Trying to find out how many fr diodes are on one of those rapidled pucks...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looks like[​IMG]
    4?

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I think this is per 96, getting clarification...

idea would be to run these for full lightson AFTER stretch, thru harvest for emerson effect; run 5-15 mins at lightsout for same time period for initiator effect.

Regarding initiator effect: indoor plants normally take about 2 hrs from lightsoff to go into “sleep” mode, with far red at lightsout, they almost instantaneously go into sleep mode.

Some people claim that by using initiator you can drive incremental yield by reducing lightsout upto 2 hrs, so upto 14 hrs lightson:10hrs lightsoff.

Others claim that by staying at/close to 12:12, the length of flowering cycle will be reduced.

Although no real way to measure in my current grow, i didn’t notice any change by going from initial 13.5:10.5 to 12:12. I think the emerson effect is more obvious than initiator, but since i don’t see any visible negative effect using initiator, and in this case the light will be in there anyway, so i’ll run it for additional 15 mins at lightsout in hopes of shortening flower cycle.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 8 of those far red in a 4x4??
    Can you combine the two
    Lights on, with other lights
    Then at lights out
    Far red comes on to initiate sleep?

@ I love growing weed

18. #20 Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

Per randomblame, start with 1 puck per 96, 2 max per 96.

Only need a tiny amount of far red, too much leads to dramatic stretch.

Among other things, in nature, far red is higher in shaded areas. Plants have developed a stretch mechanism that is triggered by far red, to raise growing tips toward better light for photosynthesis. Far red also triggers flowering in specific ratios to red and deep red, so need to balance amt of far red to get flowering benefits with minimal stretch.

Run per my message above. Let me know what i need to clarify.

• Like Like x 3