New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixtures

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tbone Shuffle, Sep 26, 2018.

1. I don't know much about them. I do prowl the HLG website almost daily and I couldn't help but notice these.

Might be a good idea to pick up a few if they are anything like HLG's other products. They'll probably sell out in a day or two.
    QB96 Elite V2 Engine

Can be ran up to 200 watts. These are amazing for $99 with heatsink. That's .50 cents a watt. They can only be ran up to 500mA without a heatsink and 6000mA with.
    QB96 Elite V2 Engine
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. If I wanted to hook two of these up what driver would I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I've very tempted to put two of these on my credit card and suffer consequences later.

• Like Like x 2
  4. lol me too. it says something about a pre order starting oct 26th. I wonder if that's after what's in stock runs out?

5. I couldn't resist. Confirmed order on two boards.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I think I may go with the HLG-185's for driver but I'll wait since they aren't shipping for a while.

7. I don't blame you!!

8. My stoner plan for now is to dim my current setup which is 4 qb304 boards all the way, spread them wide, and add these new fixtures to the middle. Either that or replace one of my 304 fixtures with these.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. They're called "Elite" boards. Must be good. Wider spectrum then other boards. Mix of 3500k and 3k diodes if I'm reading it right even thought they're talking cri rating.

10. So they're ideal for flowering?

11. lol I did it too. Got one ordered and confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I would say so. Included red leds and far red.

13. This is probably the driver I want to run on each board. 3450mA max output current so well under max specs. I may look for another higher current driver but that's my choice for now. https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-185h-54a/mean-well-enterprises

• Like Like x 2
  14. At that current rating two of these should be able to fill a 4x4 for flower if output compares per watt to other boards which it should.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Considering the output level I may be able to put my 3500k qb260 fixture in the middle and put one of these boards on each side. If I use 240 watt drivers I would be increasing my potential full output by 250 watts. I'll probably be dimming the 304's some.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Im paying attention. Could use these in the middle of my qb120’s in 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
  17. What about 4 of them in a 4x4? Overkill or prob just right?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dam TBone
    October 26
    200 watts, 4-5”
    Far red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed