Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical Cannabis CBD and THC heart effects?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TheGreen13, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Hey everyone I'm new to the Forum and to Cannabis. I'm currently waiting on my Medical Card as we speak and my state to get the system up and running. In the mean time I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

One question I have is what are the effects of CBD and THC on the heart. I know THC can make the heart rate speed up but what about CBD? The reason I ask is because I have irregular heart rate Affib. Even coffee and things like dark chocolate set it off and out of control.

Ive talked to my old cardiologist about this and my new one. My old cardiologist said it would be totally safe and that Marijuana is one of the most benign substances on the planet. When he said that it totally blew my mind and I partly didn't believe him. The second cardiologist that I asked said he didn't know.

My history with cannabis is very small and short. Basically I tried it a long time ago when I was a teen. I do remember it made my heart race like crazy and I got wicked pvc's basically my heart was starting and stopping. With that said it was from the street and most likely super high in THC.

With Cannabis being legalized for medical it seems like that there is better THC/CBD strains and ratios to choose from. Like Indica and Higher CBD strains. I'm thinking I'm going to be a good candidate for a high CBD strain with a 2:1 ratio and maybe eventually a 1:1 ratio? Am I wrong? Would that type of ratio still negatively effect me? I'm really hoping it does not as I suffer from sever chronic pain and ptsd and counting the days for relief.

2. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
    There is no way to answer your questions, without you actually trying stuff.
    CBD is a mild stimulant according to
    CBD myths
    so its effects on you will be unpredictable.
    You will need to try very small cannabis doses to avoid the danger of racing heart.
    There is one MD that I've listened to that recommends micro-dosing, and this might be the best thing for you to try first. Here's the website: https://healer.com/

Both THC and CBD (and most other cannabis compounds) are quite healthy, so you will probably need both. You'll also need lots of trial and error to establish dose and thc:cbd ratio, and to find strains that work best for you.

Good luck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks. And yes I plan on micro dosing for sure to start out. I don't think ill be able to pick from different strains in my state of Pennsylvania being that its just oils and pills and vape. But I know they will have the different ratios for sure and I'm thinking of starting with a high CBD ratio and micro dosing to start. But in the end it will probably be up to the Pharmacist at the Dispensary to make the ratio decision. That's how its going to be ran in this state.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like you have a good plan.
    You still might be able to eventually choose between sativa and indica, and as you might already know, sativas are thought to be "energizing" and better for daytime use, while indicas are sedative and better for night use, and hybrids somewhere in the middle.

5. Yes I'm praying they will have the Indica strain to choose from. But I have a feeling they wont. It looks like from what ive researched from the dispensaries that got there license in Pennsylvania but have dispensaries in NYC and other states that are up and running they only specify ratios and not strains in there oils. This is when I wish I lived in a state like Oregon. Plus from what I hear the oils are pretty expensive. For what you get in oil at $150 you would get for $40 in plant form out west. I have a feeling its going to be pretty expensive to treat myself here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. look into cannabimimetics. Titrate "State offered and approved" cbd/thc dosing with the mimetics .Tell your doctor too about them. here is a link @ one of the best threads on GC Cannabis Black Pepper.

and offsite links
    Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid
    Cannabimimetic phytochemicals in the diet – an evolutionary link to food selection and metabolic stress adaptation?
    Beyond Cannabis: Plants and the Endocannabinoid System (PDF Download Available)
    and the ever so important dietary omega three to endocannabinoid production connection.......
    http://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf