Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Capsules CBD/THC oil capsules

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by CancerDaD, May 17, 2022.

1. Hello everyone,

Im writing this with the heaviest of heart, my son has been diagnosed with brain cancer and I am looking for help with the manufacturing of delayed release CBD/CBG and THC capsules. We have tried gummies/straight oil and he does not like the taste. I have a reputable local medical dispensary we're everything is tested etc donating THC and CBD/CBG oils. And I am also looking at purchasing CBD and CBG through Nuleaf. I have found a few manufacturers of delayed release capsules that I was looking into using;

XPRS Nutra Delayed Release Empty Capsules - Size 2 Clear Empty Vegan Capsules 1000 Count - Capsules Express Vegetarian Empty Pill Capsules- DIY Vegetable Capsule Filling- Veggie Capsules Gel Caps

XPRS Nutra Delayed Release Empty Capsules - Size 3 Clear Empty Vegan Capsules 1000 Count - Capsules Express Vegetarian Empty Pill Capsules- DIY Vegetable Capsule Filling- Veggie Capsules Gel Caps

Does anyone has a better capsule to use that is delayed release? I am trying to keep the capsules small even if he has to take more of them.

I have seen video's of people infusing the CBD/CBG/THC with coconut oil, is this necessary or can I straight up mix it, and fill the capsules? Also would it help to have a ceramic heat plate/magnetic mixer to mix the oils properly?

ONiLAB 280℃ 5 inch LED Digital Hotplate Magnetic Stirrer with Ceramic Coated Stainless Steel Work Plate, 200-1500rpm,110V,Temp Probe Sensor & Support Stand & Stirring Bar Included

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1

2. I don't have any answers, but wish you good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. @PsychedelicSam and @BrassNwood have extensive threads that can help educate you more from a practical standpoint

Sam and Brass have a lot of practical experience to get you started

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. We're really sad to hear about your son and definitely wish you all the best with that.

If you're making your medicine then the magnetic stirrer is an important tool to make sure everything is evenly dispersed throughout especially if using oils as a carrier. The delayed release caps are a good idea and they will make it better for your son to swallow. It might be best to use a size 1 or 2 instead of a 00 or 0. They're acid resistant and make it past the stomach where much of the degradation takes place. Clear vegetable caps can be hard to store. I'm not sure about the coated ones which are the delayed release.

How is the extract made? Is it a full spectrum extraction or made with isolate or distillate or maybe a combo? Have you thought about using an inactive blend of THCa, CBDa and CBGa? They have been finding that a blend of those 3 cannabinoids can be a game changer for some cancers, nerve ailments like MS and a growing list of other similar issues.

Another thing you may want to consider is adding some terpenes to your oil. There are some that work well on certain cancers. I'm not sure about the brain cancer but I do know that beta-caryophyllene is really effective on pancreatic cancer. I have read about others, though. I was making oil for a person with pancreatic cancer so that's how I know about that one.:)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Here's some references which I'm sure you've already researched but others may find interesting.

This one is fairly long and complex but lays out the actions of the various cannabinoid for treating cancers and how that works in detail. A very good read. Cannabinoids as anticancer therapeutic agents

The strengths and limits of cannabinoids and their receptors in cancer: Insights into the role of tumorigenesis-underlying mechanisms and therapeutic aspects - ScienceDirect
    The Role of Cannabinoids as Anticancer Agents in Pediatric Oncology
    These are very detailed. Most of the really good material is found on Google Scholar, explaining how the different cannbinioids work on certain things. Sometimes the cannabinoids will treat different things differently. For example there are a few examples of some THC working against the cancer can shut down functions beneficial to the treatment while THCa has the completely opposite effect.

These articles may be hard to read and fully understand for the average person but if you're going to be making your medicine for such an important reason, then learning how to better blend your treatments to the particular kind of cancer type could be an advantage. I'm sure that Granny @Storm Crow has many more in her list. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. I'm on my 10th Cancer patient I am making and gifting meds to and all have gotten the same basic RSO and or BadKat Hash capsules as they both work equally well it seems. High THC used as edibles with the Liver changing the Delta-9-THC into the much stronger 11-Hydroxy-THC is the best broad spectrum "Cannabis" in the arsenal against nearly all forms of Cancer.

Kats recipe with her 20% ratio of Lecithin to Oil makes this high in bioavailability and less oil gets you just as medicated.

What I have learned is the higher you can stand to be on it the faster it works. The sooner you can increase the dosage the better you'll feel. I've seen it work time and again where someone with one foot in the grave stops that downward spiral, turns the corner and starts to gain weight and color and in just a few weeks looks 100% better.

All of the people that have sought my help were far gone. Most had been told Chemo was no longer working and were sent home to Die. Many got 2 extra years and not the 30 days they'd been told they had left. Some are still living with one now at 5 years past his expiration date. He started his own grow and makes his own RSO using the same recipe I used on him all those years ago.

Cannibinoids are poorly absorbed by the body and are passed with little effect taken raw. It is taken in by the body better attached to an oil molecule like butter or any cooking oil. However all of them save one take 2 full hours to take effect.

Only Coconut oil bypasses the need to spend 45 minutes in your stomach waiting for the bile from your pancreas to break it down enough to move on to your Liver. Coconut oil jumps to the head of the line and gets there in 45 minutes.

Your Liver is where the Magic happens and your body converts Delta-9 into 11-Hydroxy-THC. This is 5 times stronger and 10 times longer lasting then Delta-9-THC and this is the real medication you seek. Only THC undergoes this transformation.

Think of THC as the Stone half of Cannabis and CBD as the Anti-Stone. To much THC becomes unpleasant with feelings like fingernails on a chalkboard or walking on broken glass. A touch a CBD in the mix takes that edge off and softens and mellows the ride.

However to much CBD gets in the way and now you can't get stoned or the pain relief that THC was giving you. Most off the shelf Cannabis strains are balanced enough that adding additional CBD will make it less to zero effectiveness.

I have no lab testing to back up any of this just my own empirical findings and the reports of the people I help so take my advice at that value. That said.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered

5 grams of Decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered Buds.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine.
    Heat 220 F for 20 Minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Fills 30 single zero Capsules.
    I'd only recommend delayed release Capsules for bowel and rectal Cancers where we are trying to target a specific site and the patient is less then enthusiastic about suppositories.

For Bud and Kief based capsules I recommend letting them melt in the mouth. Only RSO is just to bitter and needs to be in capsule to even get down. The stuff is like road tar.

[​IMG]
    The Mr. Coffee mug warmer keeps the Goo hot and well flowing for filling capsules.
    The small stainless steel cat food dishes are a perfect fit and keeps the eyedropper in a convenient place.
    Stir the sludge between every capsule you fill.

[​IMG]
    Any of the 6 forms of Lecithin work equally well. Sunflower or Soy based. Powder, Liquid, Granules..
    LouAna Oil is refined and has no taste or smell.
    Virgin Coconut oils will smell and taste of Coconuts. (Which I Hate)

[​IMG]This is 15 grams of Dry Ice Kief in each dish.
    3 tablespoon of Oil
    2 teaspoons Lecithin.

Get him started on this NOW. Do NOT wait. Most stores carry Coconut oil
    Many health food stores carry Lecithin or order online.
    The Weed needs to be ground to flour grade dust or it'll do nothing but clog your eyedropper totally frustrating
    you.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Hash Caps
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) I just finished a batch.
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Kat's original work.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I'm going to be using my own similar methods for my personal treatment now that it seems I'm not able to avoid it any longer but I'm an old man who can handle those heavy effects plus I have other potentially fatal issues that can use the extra oomph but I'm not sure that's the best solution for OP's son with a lot depending on his age, stage and whether it's in combination with other treatment like chemo. With all the research now available there can be other pathways to achieve equal or better results. I'll always feel that a full extract is the best even in this case but there's always room for enhancements to better fit the situation. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. True but I figured get him on the easy to create one first as that can be done right away. Fine tune down the road as needed and by judging his reaction and improvement if any on the simple to make one first.

Whole extract Tincture to RSO is what I give out most often and what I'd recommend but not everyone can deal with it. It has got some serious side effects with bitter taste. The evil burps later. The "I feel like I need to pee but can't". As well as the difficulty in making it vs simple bud oil. He already doesn't like the gummies.

BNW

• Like Like x 3