Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Love it! Bet you can crank out some impressive numbers with that beast! My source turbo only holds about a pint of booze at a 2 hour rip I get back 10 to 15g of rso.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BrassNwood, 2 minutes ago
    [​IMG]

Added 4 tablespoons of Coconut oil. (no Lecithin yet) and scraped all the tar loose.

[​IMG]

Scraps pile fully depleted.

[​IMG]

Started baking. And baking.
    240-250 F

[​IMG]

Did some deep watering while I waited. Weeded more.

[​IMG]

Waited. Still got bubbles and foam when I stir.

[​IMG]

More waiting .

[​IMG]

Eventually around 3pm it became still and I poured off the Coconut oil and loose sludge into my usual working dish added 2 tablespoons of Lecithin and heated 15 minutes more.

Cleaned the burnt on, stuck on, crusted bits off the reduction dish with 3 rounds of Ez-Off oven cleaner.

Left the working dish in the freezer and I should be good to fill capsules in the morning.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. My mom uses those metal things for tomatoes

It was strange seeing cannabis in them lol

I have never seen that before

Do a lot of people use those for cannabis?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I wouldn't say a lot but I do see other folks with both the 3 and 6 foot versions. Helps support them when the wind kicks up.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Makes sense

I have just never seen any pictures like that before

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Such a beautiful post!!! It makes me really happy to see it especially knowing the results you achieve…and on the other side it makes me sad because the laws here in Amsterdam are so outdated… so I am not legally able to cultivate even 1 plant. Because of Corona the transport was limited - so the hash deliveries from morocco and the hash got expensive. There is minimal to none local hash. Any form of concentrate (even RSO) except hash are illegal. So although you can buy weed from the coffeeshops since the 80’s, the market is very limited. Luckily you have plenty of choice of weed so it’s not that bad at all. Lots of guys are selling shake for very cheap prices because otherwise they have throw it away. Hopefully one day we will be able to cultivate without being criminal :p and so long this is not the case… I will need to make my own infused coconut oil as my hash caps stash is limited and I keep them for special cases! Cheers:

7D211A2B-2798-468B-9DD0-CAA35D53140D.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. [​IMG]

Action stations. 10 pounds of Dry Ice.

[​IMG]

About 2 gallons of Winter and 4 of Spring buds.

[​IMG]

3 handful grabs

[​IMG]

90 seconds gets it done.

[​IMG]

Colander to recover the dry ice between runs.

[​IMG]

Kief.

[​IMG]

With good bud it fills a jar with each run

[​IMG]

11 jars filled with roughly 15 grams each.

[​IMG]

Scraps.

The most important part is making the Kief :).

BNW

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Oh man that looks amazing!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. #1929 John Frum, Jul 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    I am having a weird phenomenon that maybe you can shed light on.

My most recent batch, I used 50g hash, 124ml coconut oil, and 21ml lecithin. I cook my paste "stovetop" - first I decarb like you say to do but then I leave it on the mug warmer at 80c for ~1 hour with the oil+lecithin, periodically stirring and whisking the shit out of it, to infuse. After this, I lower the temperature to 70c and fill the capsules. In the process of filling the capsules, I noticed some sediment/gunk at the bottom of the dish. When I would whisk things for 20 seconds, the gunk would be suspended in the oil+lecithin mix but eventually it would settle back to the bottom. The gunk was actually too thick for my dropper at some points and so I would have to wait for it to settle before being able to fill the dropper (otherwise, the mix was too thick for the small dropper).

Is this gunk important after infusing the oil+lecithin? Should I be trying to get some of the gunk into each capsule to maximize potency?

In the end, I decided to just periodically whisk and fill the capsules, and for the ending I tried filling a couple capsules with pure gunk/sludge just for fun. I attach some pictures of the remaining gunk/sludge.

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg

My own experience so far says that the gunk capsules are less strong than the actual oil+lecithin ones. So maybe the gunk/sludge is useless and should be thrown out after the good part is extracted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Gunk is Trichome stem husks and bit and pieces of the dissolved heads. I've been doing it so long I automatically stir the dish between each eyedropper draw so all the debris is distributed equally amongst the Capsules.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. You stir it between every draw? I'm filling up 200+ capsules at a time, it's a hassle to stir it that much to be honest. I even considered buying one of those auto stirrers they make for chemists, but the ones that do stirring + heat are hundreds of bucks.

Besides the issue of it being annoying to stir so often, I also was unable to suck up any liquid after stirring after a certain point. When the sediment was sufficiently mixed, the solution was quite thick and unable to be suctioned using my tiny dropper. Now, maybe I could just use a dropper with a slightly wider gauge and have no issue, but it's bizarre that it gets so thick, isn't it?

I'll also point out, I'm using just hash and no actual flower if that makes any difference.

12. Kats recipe that I've used for years makes paste. It doesn't even look like enough oil to fully wet the Kief but it does. Just.
    [​IMG]
    15 grams of 160 micron Kief
    3 tablespoons Coconut oil
    2 teaspoons Lecithin.

I use a bent tip eyedropper with a standard tip. The Mr. Coffee mug heater keeps it hot. To hot as the dish empties and I shuffle it off and on the hot plate to keep a workable temperature.

90 capsules per dish. Two dishes per run and 3 or 4 runs for the day. :) When I make them I do it all day.
    [​IMG]

I'm still doing it exactly like this.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. My Turn - First Time

BrassCaps1.jpg

5g Dispensary Kief - Legend OG 52%

BrassCaps2.jpg

Decarbed Kief. 2.5 tsp coconut oil. .5 tsp lecithin

BrassCaps3.jpg

After the oven @ 220°F & 20 mInutes

BrassCaps4.jpg

22 full "
    BrassCaps"
    5g 52%, 520mg each, > 2600mg ÷ 22 caps = 118mg each
    Took my first about an hour ago. Too much pain and serious spasming to go further so I gave in and took a pain pill that I had been avoiding and that takes a while for any effect although it doesn't usually provide a lot of relief.

I remembered I had some tincture in the freezer that needed to finish processing. I was shaking badly and afraid I was going to mess it up but it had to get done. I sat down and carefully started to do my thing and suddenly I realized tha tI was feeling pretty good and my pain was floating away and the spasms were gone, all at once. The pain meds don't work like that. I think they both started to take effect at the same time. It was quick, one minute there and the next it was all gone.

I'll have to try a cap when I haven't taken a pain med to see if it's as noticeable as now. This was an extreme situation and I think gave the cap a good test. I'm impressed and look forward to more sampling. That's $3.40 per cap. It was so easy to make using a snipped off pipette. No mess. I feel better now than I have in a few weeks.

hat-tip.gif

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Congratulations on a successful first run. I think you'll find they are an excellent method of
    "Taking your Medicine"
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hey Brass!

Hope all is my brother.

As always, thank you, for this blessing... so good, so simple...

I'd like to know what are your thoughts on straining the cannabis at the end of the 220F heat and just keeping the oil?

I have made a few bathces, all good, but working with the plant matter (using powdered buds) can be a little tedious.

I'm wondering if one can seperate the cannabis through a cheese cloth at the end of the whole process and end up with an oil equal in strength.

Does the presence of the cannabis in the oil contribute much? Or is the majority of the 'good stuff' already blended with the coconut oil after the 220?

Thank you for taking the time to wright back and clarify this.

Thanks for everything Brass.

Real love and appreciation out here for you!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. The THC is Transferred to the oil during the processing step. The trouble with straining is the amount of oil trapped in the pressed out remains. Your throwing out whatever is still in the plant material. A garlic press will do a much better job of squeezing then hands and cheese cloth. But your still cleaning the press and wiping off precious Canna Oil.

Grind to a finer grade of dust. Stir more frequently. I basically give the whole dish a complete stir every 2nd or 3rd capsule. By the 3rd capsule the husks have settled enough it needs a good stir. I've done it with bud dust as a test and know exactly what your facing. Mortar and Pestle the buds first then rub through a 220 or finer micron stainless steel mesh. Use a large bore baby's food dropper.
    large bore eye dropper - Google Search

If you really must strain then don't grind as fine and use say twice as much oil. It'll be weaker and you'll need to refigure your dosing. Straining before adding the lecithin will makes things a bit easier. I've done 2 batches special order strained to see if it made a difference in the gas and aftertaste the person thought the plant material was causing.

Do say a 15 minute process, strain, add the Lecithin and give it 10 more minutes at 220 F.

Always happy to help. :)

BNW

17. #1937 Paintfly, Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    I've become pretty lazy when it comes to making my edible weed (still can't get hold of hash, but I live in hope). The usual process: 5g carbobud (Instantpot method), 1 tbl sp coco oil, 1/2 tsp lecithin, 20min @ 220F.

After the carbo & grinding I'm left with 3.5g of weed dust, which jumps to 23g when the oil & lecithin is added (seems a lot, can the oil really be that heavy?). Then I just keep it in the fridge & carve off 0.5- 0.6g lumps, which I allow to melt in my mouth, as I quite like the taste. Usually hits in 30-45mins (in caps a bit slower imo).

But I can't be bothered with droppers & caps unless I need a takeaway, so then I just leave the solid out at room temp for a while until it's soft enough to push half a cap into it, which is usually close to 0.5g. If it's under, it's easy to push a bit extra in with a knife.

Another reason I like this method is that I can mix the oil & weed evenly when it's at a sort of buttery consistency & in the fridge it stays completely blended. When I used to fill lots of caps, not only was it very time consuming, I was never sure about making each cap the same potency with equal amounts of oil & weed. Now I just weigh out as much as I need.

EDIT: Must have used half as much oil last time because I'm finding I need 0.8-1g with the last batch for my usual hit potency, which is consistent with my thinking that I usually get 4 hits per g. Unlikely to be build up of tolerance because I'm not taking it every day.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. I tried this method again yesterday, but don't think I de-carbed enough. It was slightly darker after taking it out, but not much. I'm wondering if wrapping the glass in foil has stopped it from de-carbing fully.
    I went ahead and added the oil and lecithin and tried a cap, but with no effect. Is there a way for me to de-carb now it's mixed or is this wasted?
    Thanks.

19. We use 4 or more additional heat and freeze cycles to degrade it some to make it a better sleep aid so you can try that.
    Incomplete decarb is a common enough occurrence and why I recommend an uncovered Decarb.

BNW

20. Great, thanks.

I tried to de-carb 2.5g last week, but the fan blew it everywhere and I wasted it, thats why I covered it this time. It looks like it doesn't de-carb properly when covered. I'll do the additional heat/freeze cycles and see if that helps.

Thanks very much