Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Oil CBD test

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Sh4mpatel, May 8, 2022.

1. Screenshot_20220508-142330.jpg Screenshot_20220508-142330.jpg Hi I made a homemade batch of CBD oil and got it tested and this the results.... The CBD percentage seems very low if there any way to boost the CBD levels up?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry if I'm not reading the report right from my phone but that's just an analysis of the oil right?

Did you have the original cannabis CBD(A) levels tested as well?

3. No I just baught the bud from online but the the flower said 25% CBD, and yes I sent them 10ml oil sample to test nd that what I got back so just a little bit confused lol

4. total shiat oil :/
    I prefer to grow my own, but trying to get a nice high concentration of CBD. My next grow, I'm going to try Charlotte's Dream (Grower's Choice) and should also send it in for analysis.

5. Without a reference or a better explanation of what I'm looking at the test doesn't mean much to me.
    You hit 0.5700 on the CBD.

Generally getting rid of the plant material and using a minimum of oil will get you the strongest medication per dosing possible.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Here is how I shake the Kief from the Buds.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Here is the recipe from BadKats thread that makes Hash sludge. You simply can't cram anymore material into that small amount of oil. It makes Paste.
    THC or CBD I use the same recipe.

Bud oil 1 drop = 1 milligram of THC or CBD
    Kief 1 drop = 3mg

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. My experience with vendor listed levels is that it's all marketing bull.

Same with seed genetics....just because the website says THC or CBD levels at X for said strain, or that a specific strain is indica or sativa dominant is just grasping at straws.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

7. So I used 28g of "25%" flower with 500ml of oil.... So should I used less oil or to make it more potent or keep the oil at 500ml and add more bud.

8. agreed, comparing the vendor's claims with the euseedfinder for the Charlotte's Dream strain I mentioned earlier:
    From the vendor site:
    upload_2022-5-8_8-5-22.png
    claim is 18-22% CBD

From the Seedfinder site:
    upload_2022-5-8_8-6-31.png

18-22% vs 12-16%.

but 0.57% is crap.

This reminds me of a 2018 article named The Trouble with CBD Oil by A. Hazekamp (attached). Here are the findings from that study:
    upload_2022-5-8_8-11-34.png

The wonderful world of BS.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would instead question the original 25% cbd ratio

Bud that is 3% CBD will remain 3% regardless of how much more you add to the mix... No?

10. no. He has attempted to concentrate it.
    @Sh4mpatel look over brass' links to his DIY methods. He isolates the trichomes and then prepares a tincture/extract. By initially isolating the trichomes, you will concentrate the product and not need as much oil. Also, consider using a better oil for extraction. Coconut is very high in saturated fat and is not that healthy. I would recommend cocoa butter if you want a semi-solid, or olive oil ftw.

11. Hmmm. Guess I'm ignorant to this subject and need to research more.

I need to better understand concentrate levels of oil vs cannabinoid levels of green matter and how those equal out.

Thx

• Like Like x 2
  12. Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes (CBD needs a bit longer or hotter then THC) Add 10 minutes or 10 degrees.

5 grams of Kief or Hash or powdered buds (THC or CBD)
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)
    Done.

This essentially makes paste. The oil won't fully saturate any more dry material.. This is as concentrated as you can get from your starting material.
    Buds 1 drop = 1mg THC
    Kief = 3mg THC
    Wax, Shatter Rosin = 6mg THC per finished drop of Oil-Paste.

The numbers are close enough as other members that use this recipe have had it tested. This also has a very high lecithin to oil ratio which seems to really put that extra punch to a THC recipe.

This keeps your oil use to a minimum and 1 (0) size capsule of Coconut oil is to small amount to be a concern. We primarily use Coconut oil as it is fastest to get into your Liver and change Delta-9-THC into 11-hydroxy-THC but since CBD doesn't undergo any such change speed of stone onset isn't an issue and really any carrier oil will work for a CBD based medication.

BNW

• Like Like x 1