Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. #1901 BrassNwood, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Correct. I do a fast and dirty and chop off the main crap from the colas and buds.

Hash is Compressed Kief. Same Same.
    [​IMG]

What a Million? Billion? Trichomes looks like.
    That dust captured in your grinder is Trichomes (Kief) and some plant dust but it should be very high grade and perfect for making Oil from.

A small dish
    Cooking oil
    Oven
    Oven thermometer

Here is the single gram version.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.

1 gram Decarbed Kief
    1/2 teaspoon Cooking oil (Coconut oil hits fastest.)
    1/8th teaspoon Lecithin (20%).
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done.

We use 50% when figuring strength of Kief oil so that 1/2 teaspoon is 500mg.
    It works out to 3 milligrams of THC per each drop of paste.

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hola Brother Brass! (Namaste!)
    ~ With Respect and Gratitude ~

Many thanks, many thanks for everything!
    These are the greatest edibles, and you are very kind for sharing this with us!

I have a quick question about decarbing...

Right now (and many times), I am working with a somewhat temperamental toaster oven, and finding & sustaining the exact temperature (with the help of a oven thermometer) can be a very sensitive and attentive task...

Just now, in my attempt to find 240F, I kicked up the temp to high in order to quickly balance out the heat I had lost when opening the door to put in the tray. I thought this would be okay, but noticed some strong vapors wafting from the oven... opps... too hot. I quickly cooled things off and got it to a stable 240F.... but I wonder if that hot zap messed up the quality of the decarb...

It's my impression that decarb is the most important part... as this is what activates the canna compounds for edible enjoyment. So I wanna take care to perfect this step.

Even now, I check the thermometer and notice the temperature has dropped below 240F, to about 215F.... I feel like a bit of a blacksmith here working the toaster oven like a furnace... it's an art finding that exact right temperature.

Anyways, the point of my question is about the lee-way and forgiveness of the decarb process. Is there any?
    For example, if during my 40 minute decarb, the temperature fluctuates like this; 225F for 5 minutes... 250F for 7 minutes, and then stable at 240F the remainder of the time... what does that look like in terms of a quality decarb? Is it advisable to decarb for longer if the temp was a little low or will the remainder of the canna activation happen naturally during the 220F?

I hope there is clarity in this question.

Thank you for your time and knowledge!

Ram Ram!

3. Welcome to my little corner of the web.
    Your questions are clear and concise and the answer is. :)

We actually have quite a bit of leeway in Decarb both time and temps. My own dinosaur of a toaster oven needs a good 30 minutes to be real stable but once it does it'll hold it all day. Where I get into trouble is changing settings from 240 down to 220 for the processing step then cranking it back up.

I'll get busy filling capsules and smell overheated Kief and think DAMN !!!! And sure enough it's at 260F and smoking the tips of the Kief.

To hot and way to long really has little to no effect on the affect. Or is that affect on the effect? :)
    You get my drift. Under done will show in a lack of strength. Over done means nothing. If you think it was a bit to cool or to short add more time. I've done double the time with no noticeable difference in the feel of the stone the Capsules give.
    Hope that helps.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I'm new at this last night I used 3g decarbed kief n 1/2cup coconut oil double broiler method on really low heat for 2 hrs it solidified at room temp n it looks like reg cannaoil I filled a few caps n felt nothing I just got lecithin 2 use for the 1st time any way I can still save this batch with the lecethin?

5. I'm new at this last night I used 3g decarbed kief n 1/2cup coconut oil double broiler method on really low heat for 2 hrs it solidified at room temp n it looks like reg cannaoil I filled a few caps n felt nothing I just got lecithin 2 use for the 1st time any way I can still save this batch with the lecethin?

6. This would have made weak capsules, I figure about 12 mg/ml.
    Figuring the kief at 50 % that gives you 1,500 mg in ~125 ml, or 12mg per ml, give or take depending on the strength of your kief. This dose is good for a naive user, but if you have any tolerance you would need multiple capsules. Lecithin won't save this batch- just take more or add more kief to the mix.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That is a bit over 8 times as much oil as I use so you'll need 8x the amount for the same stone.
    Lecithin does crank up the bioavailability so you get more stone from less oil used. 20% Lecithin to oil by volume.

The drawback with making weak oil especially with Coconut oil is the fact it is also a good laxative.
    ========================================
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    5 grams Decarbed Kief or Hash or powered buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    ========================================
    The end product should be a paste / glue like consistency and needs to be warm / hot to flow well in an eyedropper.

You used 3 grams of Kief @ 500mg per. So we will call it 1500mg in your 1/2 cup of oil.
    Let us say we want a 25mg dose. Divide 1500 by 25 and we get 60 doses.

1/2 a cup is 8 Tablespoons is 24 Teaspoons is 48 1/2 teaspoons.
    1/4 teaspoon is going to be 15 mg est::
    1/2 teaspoon will 30 mg (estimated)

Start with a 1/4 teaspoon. Wait 2 full hours and if not stoned eat another 1/4 teaspoon.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Howdy @BrassNwood.

I made a 5 gram keif batch of capsules and was disappointed with the resulting high. For the decarb, I did 240°F for 40 minutes. I placed the keif in a stainless steel cat dish and COVERED IT TIGHTLY with a double layer of heavy duty aluminum foil. Could this have affected the potency of my hash oil?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Possibly. I stopped covering years ago as it didn't seem to be making much difference either way and I was discarding useless bits and steps as I refined what I was doing over time.

[​IMG]

This is my usual decarb tray with 15 grams in it. If your working with block Hash it would have needed decompressing before decarb.

If the Kief was reasonably good and you took enough it works for 98% of the people who make it. Most find it wickedly strong and some have to stay with buds as the Hash version is simply to strong.

Decarb is where I find the most trouble spots. The oven was to cold is the most likely issue.
    upload_2022-4-25_10-5-56.jpeg
    I use a glass door convection style toaster oven to I can keep an eye on the pair of these inside.
    upload_2022-4-25_10-7-15.jpeg

If in doubt go longer. Even twice as long won't hurt a bit. It'll smell a little more toasted but the stone won't change at all. I've missed hearing the timer go off enough times and smelled things and thought... Holy crap how long has that been cooking?? Not again !! No harm, No foul, No change.

Keep kicking up the dose until your hammered. My wife is toasted at 3mg of this stuff. I take 75mg every day. 150 if I'm in mild pain and 300mg if the dragon in my belly has awakened. But at that point I'm seeing pink elephants in the room as well.

We all have different levels of the enzyme that changes Delta-9 into 11-Hydroxy-THC. We just need to find how much it takes to gets your Liver to cranking out the good stuff.

Take 10mg
    Wait 2 hours
    Take 20mg
    Wait 2 hours
    Take 40mg
    Wait 2 hours

Continue doubling and waiting until it works.
    It will work.
    It always does.
    See GOD.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Yesterday I was on a birthday and as usual the guys wanted capsules.
    I took couple 0size capsules and one dropper with infuse MCT with RSO.

Offered the dropper as I knew one capsule is killer…but they wanted caps and so I did.
    One guy took 1 capsule and after 1hour he was totally wasted…his eyes were so red that his face was changed haha!!! When they saw him, the decided to use the dropper instead of the capsules - really wicked strong stuff.

The RSO I made last time was from 20g shake. I got 4ml in return - add additional 4ml MCT, bit of lecithin, infuse and voila! 3 drops will broke a non-regular smoker for most of the day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Your herb needs to reach 240° before you start the 40 minute timer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Does eating beforehand or while swalloing the capsule enhance the effects?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I doesn't seem to matter for me. I get ripped to the same level every day regardless of my food intake. The one exception is holiday events where I tend to make a real pig of myself with 2 or more plates of food. Now that can trigger a HOLY MOTHER OF GOD trip. It's happened enough times I know now not to mix the two. Skip the capsule or skip the 2nd huge plate of food.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Agreed! Me too! Lol. Hi brass-ticles! I hope you are well?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Can't complain as nobody listens or gives a flying fuck anyhow. LMAO.
    How you doing Brother Sit?

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. i'm doing gooder than fuck! humid af here today

giphy (40).gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Thank God for this plant and these capsules. I ended up with the gift of covid this mother's day and these capsules have been Saving my life. Cheers all hope everyone is well. 20220509_201144.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sorry to hear you have the China Crud. Glad to hear your getting relief from the medication. :)
    Hang in there Brother.

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2