Any such thing as a smooth great tasting strain?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roccus, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Getting read to order for next grow. I just finished up Nirvanas aurora indica and it is good it kicks ass but I can't really say I like the smell or taste of it and it is very harsh to smoke. Going to order from the Vault can anyone suggest some strains that really taste and smell good and smooth on the throat?

2. Grand Daddy Purple. One of the best tasting strains there is. Very unique flavor and very smooth. Purple bud tends to be more smooth because of it's genetic tendency to burn up it's own chlorophyll faster then other plants hence the purple color.

• Like Like x 2
  3. What breeder does those Tbone?

4. Critical Cheese by Dinafem.

Strawberry Banana by Reserva Privada.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm not sure who's selling it. You'll have to look around. I actually got mine from a bagseed. The weed was from an Oregon medical grower though and it's turned out quite purple for me so I'm sure it's a legit example. It smells very sweet like grape candy. People also say it has a fruity pebbles type of smell.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sort of a myth. I've grown as purple as anyone has ever seen in the heat of summer. The color of the same strain is no different in winter. The main influence IMO to bring out a color change is limiting nitrogen late in flower.

I think you can induce some color changing in some strains by shocking them with cold but it's more a result of the shock then anything else.

Any bud that tends to turn purple is doing so because it has a genetic tendency to consume it's own chlorophyll and replace it with the purple tint. Forgot the name of it. If you feed it a nitro rich diet you'll have less of that conversion. My avatar is GDP. Mine has pink calyxes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Get your Cure process perfected and you'll have a smooth smoke off of any bud, Cheese is a nice smooth strain that packs flavour but hits like a freight train.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well I have done everything I read here and at GWE, I hung them till small twigs break then jarred it with a 67% Boveda pack in each jar then burped the jars every day for 2 weeks, now I just burp them once or twice a week. It stays a bit moist in the jar, it is to moist and sticky to break up and to roll with so I have to take it out of the jar and let it dry a bit to break it up.... so if I did something wrong I don't know what it would be

• Like Like x 2
  9. Casey Jones, without a doubt is the one of the finest smokes I have ever grown. Mild smoke, tropical fruit smell and taste.A trainwreck deisel strain which is easy to grow. I tend to veg. longer than most do because I just love big buds. At ten weeks of flower beer bottle sized buds and they smell so good you wanna turn off the filter and just let it fill the house with that wonderful aroma. The effect sneaks up on you then hits like a freight train.I think the breeder was Devils harvest? I got them thru seedsman. Once you try these you'll always want to keep a jar on hand. .....Sassy

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's the name of the strain??

11. Yes it is, if you google Casey Jones seeds it will get you there. And like the fellas above said your dry/cure method is all important in the final results. ....Sassy

12. OK thanks I will check it out....