Indoor organic

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Chillindylan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. #1 Chillindylan, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    ***curent setup***
    Perpetual using living soil in 3 and 7 gal fabric pots, occasional top dressings and water via sip and sprayer.

Mission statement:
    To harvest 1 plant ~every 15 days, yielding 1-3 oz per plant.

Ipm: neem cake, neem oil, diatomaceous earth, smite miticide.
    [​IMG]

Tent 1:
    2x4x5'
    Veg tent
    Lighting = 1 hlg qb 120 5k and 1 hlg qb 3k. 120watts
    Houses mothers and veg plants.
    Temps : 78-80 lights on. 68-72 lights off
    Rh= >40, <60
    Clip on fan blowing over tops of canopy
    [​IMG]

Tent 2:
    2x4x6'
    Bloom bloom room, bud shack, Dylan's den of dankness
    Lighting: 5 HLG QB120 3k 4 on1 driver, 1 on another. 300w of the future.
    Temps 74-78 lights on, 68-72 lights off
    RH = ~50
    Desk fan at light level for circulation.
    Ipower carbon filter
    [​IMG]

Ventilation:
    4" ducts from tents to 8" Max Can plugged to a variable speed controller.
    ~750 cfm at max. Capable of keeping both tents at ambient room temperature when set to half speed. Ran at low to medium low.
    [​IMG]

Soil mix:
    [​IMG]

To-do: find bio char
    add worms and towers to pots.
    build modular scrogs and incorporate with worm towers.
    Smoke weed everyday (rip Nate Dogg!)
    Add booster fans to passive intakes for improved air movement within tent.

Originally was this.....
    Hello! I've started growing again after a 12 year hiatus. Been reading allot trying to get cought up on all the new equipment and techniques and excited to be doing my favorite hobby again. Currently doing a run of bag seeds to knock the dust off using cheaper stuff but will be adding on as good items come available locally in the resale market. I've got a small mother/clone cabinet that's about 18"x36" it's got two planted aquarium lights that seem to be doing the job. The clone bubbler was also made from aquarium crap i had around. I've got a 2'x4' tent with a couple cheap leds. Plan on using this for veg in the future. The plan is to get another tent with a 600w hps or a qb led and run a perpetual modular scrog cycling through 1 container a month. I'm using the easy organic mix and perlite wic containers with fabric pots (7 gallon) found in the sickies on this forum. I went with 1 part spm, 1 part perlite/vermiculite, and 1 part compost(about 9 or 10 different kinds) i amended with ewc, lime, crushed granite, fish bone meal, kelp meal, neam meal, alfalfa meal, and probably things I'm forgetting. Hoping to not have to feed them anything but water and will amend and recook after harvest.

• Like Like x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. looks good bro does chicken wire works as good as a trelis tho?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Never used trellis, chicken wire seems to be working well enough. I had some extra laying around. I plan on keeping the plants in there own zones on the screen so i can cut them out individually if needed. It's my first scrog so I'm not really sure. My past experience is with sog and lst but i read the penetration kinda sucks with led so scrog it is.

Sent from my Z956 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. ive never tried scrog just lst and it got a lower yield than just trained plants anyways lol i think if i lst in veg instead of flowering and veg longer i will have higher yields but good luck to your yields also i love to see how the chicken wire works

5. First set of roots to show on one of the clones. Glad the mcgyver cloner is doing its job. Everything is starting to recover from the topping and transplanting. Had lights at about 12 inches away and got some light damage to some of the fan leaves so i backed them off considerably. Checked my ph with one of those burpee testers and it showed about 7.2for ph and low to ideal on fertility. Not sure how much faith i want to put into it but might consider a light feeding in the near future. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. #8 Chillindylan, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Found another light on the cheap. It's a bestva 1000 186 actual watts. That puts me around 450 total which should be good for the foot print I'm working with. I removed the screen for this first run to avoid the added hassle of removing any males. I also went ahead and started the 12/12 to avoid wasting anymore time on possible males. I figured better to get on with it so i can fill with sexed clones sooner rather than later. Temps were getting a bit north of 80 so i turned the ac down a couple degrees and moved the lights up a bit.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. #9 Chillindylan, Oct 2, 2017
    Day 3 of transition, no balls yet but most are starting to fill out nicely. Continuing training until the stretch is done.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. #10 Chillindylan, Oct 2, 2017
    Getting little roots on most of the clones. Put one of the clones that had roots into some dirt, possibly too soon but needed some room in the cloner. Really need to add atleast another 2x4 tent to do the rotation i would like.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Looking good..Thats a nice soil mix too. Check into using worms also since your going organic( I use them). Nothing beats fresh vermicompost. I have a setup similar to this one.

10. Do you mean add them to the pots or have a worm farm and amend with vermicompost?

11. Either, whichever is easiest for you..I have a diy worm tower from pvc pipe directly in my pots. Less death this way as the pipe serves as their home really.

• Like Like x 2
  12. #14 Chillindylan, Oct 6, 2017
    Was able to score some clones. They look sad now but will be great mothers in no time. Got a frankenberry, bubbakush, and mystery strain labled DM.Really hoping something from the bag seed show some balls soon so i can clear some space. If all 6 in the bloom room end up female I'll probably cull the middle ones to make room. They're lagging behind the others. More roots on clones, they will probably be potted by the next update. All in all things going smoothly. My cheap inline fan (ipower) has started making a pretty bad noise and will be replaced asap. Probably go with a fan tech if they're still around but open to recommendations if anyone knows of a good quiet inline fan.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. #15 Chillindylan, Oct 11, 2017
    Everything in the tent showed sex. 2 ladies and 4 males. Now have some room to add more from my over stuffed veg box. Still super cropping and using lst to maintain an even canopy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. #16 Chillindylan, Oct 17, 2017
    Potted up everything that was vegging, gonna throw some in the bloom room in two weeks to try and maintain a once a month harvest. The clones i was gifted have settled in and started to show new growth. The clones i made for put in starter pots. The Aero cloner works but no better than rapid rooters and a dome so will be switching back to that. Got some baby buds! Finally the fun begins. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. #17 Chillindylan, Oct 20, 2017
    Things recovering from being transplanted. Clones are looking pretty sad but should make it. Been 20 days since schedule change on the budding ladies. I'm liking the led's so far. Looking into upgrading soonish now that the qbs seem to be getting cheaper and easier to find. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. #18 Chillindylan, Oct 24, 2017
    Top dressed everything with amendment mix 1x2 cup/ft3 (kelpx2, alfalfa,oyster and neam meal) and some ewc 1 cup/ft3 because i was to lazy to add to the mix before potting up. Topped off everything that's in its final pot with a compost for mulch. I water via sip so ill be misting the top to make use of top dressings. The batch of clones are looking pretty pathetic, hopefully they will bounce back. It will be ~75 days until any of them would be put into flower so not overly concerned atm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. Looking good I also grow organic

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum