aeroponic-model-4z0-stoner-experiment-5263199-rev_3-a.2866132

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by trojangrower, Jan 15, 2022.

1. #41 Antarcticbees, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    whad do you think, can someone use grow bag insead of growth sponge to germinate seeds?

100pcs White Plant Grow Bags Pot Fabric Pouch

• Like Like x 1
  2. Of course you can use a grow bag, but it isn't going to perform the way an aeroponic sponge seedling does.

3. Never tryed. But I think can be very good solutions for the roots.
    I have in my mind hidroponics germination,
    Put grow bag in big mesh pot. Fill the grow bag with clay balls. Put seed inside and start hidroponics germination.
    Grow bag will prevent seed to fall out of amesh pot.
    After some time clay balls will e full with ruts.
    Remove grow bag and continue with aeroponics.

4. The bag will prevent the seed falling out, but the seed would still fall to the bottom of the bag, below the hydroton (ie. clay balls).
    I've also use different material to prevent the roots from getting thru, but the roots win each time.
    You can also just start a plant in regular media (like soil or peat or coco) and then transfer to a hydro/aero unit...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. soil to hydro can be done but its tedious as you gotta clean the roots off first then hope they ''take''..then hope they don't get stunted on you..end up wit a Mr Miyagi plnt...har har har!
    seed into cube of some sort FIRST then all you said

• Like Like x 1
  6. That is an incredible build. I love the design. Mine is similar trying to achieve the same results however after reading this article I am going to go back and rethink how I’m going to approach my next grow while incorporating some of the ideas I just got by reading this. If my roots accumulate at the bottom of my bucket like yours my submersible pump that is in each one will not be able to function so that is something I’m going to have to think about quickly. Absolutely great stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe this was noted and I didn’t see it but what is your feed cycle 30/30?

• Like Like x 1
  8. This journal... well, the plant stretched too much and wasn't stopping, AND I had a Mars 4800 light, so I decided to move the journal to this:
    Emergency Rescue with Mars FC 4800
    from that thread: "Its very dry, I don't mind this though. The plant is supported by nft/aero so I'm not too worried about it drying out, as its fed for 2 min on and 8 min off".

The time I determined was based on the drainage time. The bucket cannot fill in 2 minutes if draining properly, but in 30 min, you could be facing an overflow problem.

The timer I used was:
    upload_2022-8-7_18-21-36.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. this is the nemesis in all hydro system I suspect. The one thing that thwarted the roots was a copper scrubby stuffed into the drain line, but I don't advise that since the copper will dissolve over time into the hydroponic solution.
    If the drainage system is similar to this one, ie. has a reservoir and drainage tubes, then if growing monster plants, when I'm about to switch to flower (prior to scrogging) I lift up the plant from the lid and ask my wife to reach underneath the root system and pull up the tail, which gets tucked along the side. This stops the root system from doing the long root thingy...
    But if you are just growing regular sized plants, just lay some larger stones in the bottom and it will be fine.

I've moved away from having plants in their own reservoir system as it becomes a pain real fast when feeding time comes. I strongly recommend a main reservoir.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Great info. I do have a small reservoir outside the tents now to centralize tasks but only after a year of climbing under Scrog nets and trying to maintain/feed. No, it’s not fun. Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  12. near 21K lux.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. I've used the same sprayers to make an indoor herb garden in an apartment years ago. Knowing what I know now I think it's still a good way to grow anything. Of course water temp always playing a factor in the success or failure of it.

I like that you converted a cooler into a reservoir that would be very helpful in maintaining temp.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I've used this aero method many times now. It's probably my favorite way to grow.

15. Awesome posting. I'd love to do a Scrog with this method in a tub.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks. Do it. I'm running an aero system atm.
    Bato of the Systems
    I've had some problems, but mostly it's been due to the 'duh-factor' :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you, I'll definitely check that out.

• Like Like x 1