A cheap and effecient cloner

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by trojangrower, May 18, 2019.

1. #1 trojangrower, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Many examples already exist, here's another.

100% stoner verified cloning... with 100% success rate.

Let's do this...

you need a bag of sprayers (ebay/amazon, cheap, don't buy too many)
    upload_2019-5-18_2-41-50.png
    See that screw? There's its diameter. Its fine threaded. You need that too. (die/tap whatever)
    Are you British? Here:
    upload_2019-5-18_2-43-25.png

ok, moving on, next thing
    PVC pipe, corners, and Ts as shown:
    upload_2019-5-18_2-44-10.png
    Don't make it too big, just small so it fits in a 5gal bucket.
    You drill out the holes with a bit that is the same size as your sprayers
    upload_2019-5-18_2-45-26.png
    might need a vice to hold the pipe, or just cut the pipe after you drill, whichever. I used a drill press.

After you drill the holes, grab the head of the screw in vice grip pliers and heat the threads a lil with a lighter. Carefully thread the screw into the holes. Don't heat the screw too much or you will melt the pipe. Just a bit to help it all out. Just tap the thread into the pipe and then carefully remove the screw. You can just screw in the sprayers, but you'll probably need pliers (hurts your fingers).

OK need a 5Gal pail and lid. Drill out the holes using a 2" drill bit
    upload_2019-5-18_2-47-12.png
    you know, I stared at the lower hole and was wondering 'why is there wood in there' for like 2 minutes.
    stoned atm...

ok, see that foamy? See 2 bits? The other bit is 2-1/4" drill bit. If you have the bits, just grab a foamy pad and make your own plugs
    upload_2019-5-18_2-48-50.png
    This is the way the sprayer sits on the pump.
    upload_2019-5-18_2-49-23.png
    Use a good pump. These are sprayers, not drippers. I had a 600GPH pump until it died, I've been using a 400GPH pump and seems to be working fine.
    TOP VIEW
    upload_2019-5-18_2-51-19.png

Don't forget to add a hole and a plug in the middle of the lid for the power cord. You can drill more 2" holes than just four, but I just need four.

I place the unit in the 5gal bucket and add 2 gal of RO/rain/dist water + 20mL Clonex solution. You can use more/less depending where your plant/clone/seedling is at.

The 2" holes is good for 2" netting cups. You can use the netting cups + rapid rooters (or whatever) and start your seeds in this device... don't leave em in there too long though or they will get used to being in that environment and be harder to transplant if the root mass gets too big.

Kinda dirty this one, was post use:
    upload_2019-5-18_2-56-46.png
    clones thrive in this cloner
    upload_2019-5-18_2-57-32.png
    upload_2019-5-18_2-57-46.png
    You could probably grow an entire plant in there (add a drain if you do).
    upload_2019-5-18_2-58-43.png

here's a seedling
    upload_2019-5-18_3-1-43.png

and there you go.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. And clean it up after use. I use a small pick to pull out roots in the sprayer after I use it and rinse it out. I run a 10% bleach solution with the pump on (and lid on) for ~1/2 hour before I use it just to keep it sanitized. Don't run it with bleach and plants guys o_O

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. DIY for the win!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks for the design and help

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slick build I’m going to need to start working on something like this soon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. This posted model works very nice. Someone recommended just drilling small holes into the PCV instead of using sprayers. I need to try this, but potentially its a good way to go.

• Like Like x 2
  7. do you think your cloner would grow 5 plants in screen of green {rubbermaid 18 gallon}
    Run schedule? would i need air stones also? 5 4inch net pot. 2nd grow in dwc by raw newby.
    TIA for your help

8. I imagine it could. I would recommend GH flora or Holland's Secret for nutes (or other liquid nutes).
    Being new shouldn't be seen as an impediment since I've since new growers knock it out of the park (and continue to). I suggest taking a look at a thread I am working on for more insight:
    Aeroponic model 4Z0 Stoner Experiment #1745183

9. Thanks again

10. Hey TG, what ph should I adjust my client to?

11. 6.0. watch where it drifts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. remind me to post my sprayer not used for years, luv it to bits

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have a bunch of different ones I haven't played with yet... that + a booster pump :D

• Like Like x 1