Sticky's Grow - 2019

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StickyBudHound, Jan 19, 2019.

1. #1 StickyBudHound, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    I harvested my 3rd indoor grow and 1st outdoor grow in October 2018. The yield on indoor was 3 lbs from 4 plants and on outdoor it was 2.5 lbs from 2 plants. I have never in my life had too much weed nor did I think there could ever be such a thing but, even in a legal state, there are limits and laws we have to live by so, as much as I love growing, I had to get rid of a bunch before I could even think about starting another grow.

Christmas came and I gave and I gave and I gave some more! Family, friends, and friends of friends and family received a truly green gift this year but, I still have a pound and a half of the indoor and the outdoor each... The indoor is being kept for smoking and the outdoor will be turned into edibles in the coming weeks.

I can't hold off starting a new grow anymore! I have new seeds from Seedsman and I like variety so, overages be damned, my 4th grow is officially beginning now. The goal this grow is to get as close to a pound per plant as I can. With the knowledge I've received from the GC community in general and some very helpful and talented growers and by making a few small changes to how my 3rd indoor grow was handled, and with the addition of the amazing QB lights, I think I can do this or get pretty damn close.

The Grow Room

My room is 7' wide x 12' long x 6' tall. It used to be a laundry room. It has a cement floor, a drain and hot and cold water. All walls are painted flat white. I use a 16" Hurricane Wall Mount Fan mostly for air movement throughout the room but, I also use a carpet dryer floor blower to push air from the basement into the room and some 6" fans around each of the plants to keep air flowing through and around them. The room also has a 6" inline carbon filter for smells pulling air out of the room. There is also a small heater. My RH is usually right at 50% throughout the grow and I don't need to mess with it but I do have a humidifier if needed.​

Strains - All Photoperiod - I've gone back and forth many times over trying to decide what strains to grow this time around. I was going to do 2 of the Dinamed CBD plants but, I'm not quite ready to start a perpetual grow of that yet... Here's what I chose.

EDIT: The CBD Plus is out. You'll see why in subsequent posts. Dinamed CBD Plus - From Seedsman - I'm seeing what this strain can do. I'm intending to clear out another area in my basement, 10' x 15', and start a CBD only perpetual grow by summer time. I want to eventually press these and put the rosin into capsules. I know the press I'm saving up for but I have no info yet on capsules. Is there a machine for such a thing? If you have info about it, please let me know. Flowering time is 55 - 60 days.
    Peyote Critical - From Seedsman - This was one of the freebies. It's a cross between Peyote Purple and Critical Kush. I'm looking forward to the "sweet taste and beautiful colours" of this one. Flowering time is 55 - 60 days.
    Jack Herer - From Seedsman - This one seems like a great daytime high kind of bud. I can't say that I've ever tried it but I see a lot of folks here on GC loving it so, here we go! Flowering time is 9 weeks.
    Liberty Haze - From Seedsman - I gotta have a purple variety around and the citrus/lime flavor sounds fantastic! I've heard from others that they love this strain so, we're gonna find out why. Flowering time is 60 - 65 days.
    Mt. Hood Magic - From my 1st outdoor grow. I originally bought a clone from a local headshop that was grown by Huggins Gardens here in Oregon. I love this strain! It's my favorite so far. Out of the 1.5 lb I got from the outdoor girl I found around 20 seeds. She self polinated towards the end and luckily it hadn't gone very far by harvest. Flowering time is 9 weeks.

Lights - 18/6 for veg for around 7 to 8 weeks

Viparspectra PAR 450 (202 actual watts) - I'll be using my old blurples for the veg cycle. Each plant will have one over it. They do a decent job of keeping the nodes tight and the plants seem to enjoy being under them. They absolutely suck for flower, though. In the future I'll be replacing these with some 6500k T5 instead and the Viparspectra will be demoted to growing vegetables.

HLG QB132 Quantum Boards (3500K) - DIY quad boards. Each set of 4 boards are driven using the MEAN WELL LRS-350-36 LRS-350 to run them at 300W. Each plant will get one quad light over it when I flip them to flower. These bad boys were used during flower on grow 3 and helped to produce 1.12 grams per watt!​

Medium

I'm using 25 gallon grow bags and mixing 1/3 each of FFOF, FFHF Soil Conditioner and extra large perlite. 25 gallons?? Yep, 25 gallons. Each bag was filled with roots at the end of grow 3 all the way out to the edges and bottoms of the bags.​

Water

My city water is at about 8.9 pH and buffered heavily. It was the main problem I had with my first and part of my second grow until I installed this carbon filter and this RO filter system. Now the water is a consistent and stable 7.4 and reacts quickly to nutes and pH up and down. Yes, I know about the need for calcium and magnesium to be added when using a RO filter. It goes in on every watering.​

Nutes

Cal-Mag Plus - will be used in every watering until flower flush
    Direct Output Disoved Oxygen - will be used in every watering until flower flush
    Fox Farm Big Bloom - will be used in every watering until flower flush
    Fox Farm Grow Big - will only be used during veg if N deficiency begins to show it's tell tale signs.
    Foxfarm Soluble Nutrient Trio: Open Sesame, Cha Ching & Beastie Bloomz - will be used starting toward the last few weeks of veg (Open Sesame), then Cha Ching and then Beastie Bloomz at the end until flower flush.
    Hydro Organics Earth Juice Hi-Brix Molasses - Starting around the 3rd week of flower until flower flush.​

Training Methods

I'll be using mainlining, LST, defoliation and super cropping and lollipopping. I'll build in a scrog for each plant as well but, it will mainly be used for branch/cola support and to help nmaintain distance between the 30 or so tops I intend for each plant to grow so bud nodes all get plenty of light. Veg will last around 7 to 8 weeks.​

Here are the seeds ready to be dunked, which is now done and we'll see if they sink by morning tomorrow or not. My MHM seed is a frickin giant!

20190119_105912.jpg
    @Or_Gro @Ibn Vapin @Soil2Coco @Hunter2348 @Uhnstoppable

• Like Like x 12
  2. Get it on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m in buddy!! You don’t know how excited this just made me. I’ll have a lot more time to spend on here soon after my cruise so it’s gonna be good to follow another grow the rest of this winter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. #4 Or_Gro, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    I’ve been waitin, anticipatin...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Or_Gro, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    I use a “machine” like this. They come in diff sizes, so pick the capsule size you prefer and then get the associated “machine”...

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1550330548843388984/

Btw, for reg ganja you would need to decarb your material before pressing if you plan to take orally...not sure about cbd... @Soil2Coco would prob know...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I’m in. Let’s see a magic show!

[​IMG]

Sent from a lost garden Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pretty damped good! Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice grow!!! Can’t wait! I’ll be following.

• Like Like x 1
  9. This looks like a good grow. I'm looking forward to some photos of your setup. I'm subbed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. So looking forward to this!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. All four seeds sank yesterday after being in the cup of water overnight. I moved them to the paper towel method after.

I checked them just now, about 16 hours after moving to paper towels. The Dinamed CBD Plus has a nice little 2 mm tap root coming out. The Mount Hood Magic shell has cracked open but no tap root yet. Liberty Haze and Jack Herer appear to be shy... No change.

• Like Like x 1
  12. And, they’re off...

What ya puttin em in next?

13. I have some nice little half gallon pots they'll go into. I'm only going to transplant once; from the half gallon to the 25 gallon. Last grow, I went from solo to half gal to gal to the 25s and I ended up breaking off one of the mainline ends of a Mount Hood Magic. :cry: You can't tell from the final pics of her but that sure ruined my day. I'm not taking any chances of a repeat on that this time. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Almost there...

Liberty Haze is the only one that hasn't popped so far. A nice little tap root is coming out of all of the other three. I'm giving LHZ until I get home from work today. Maybe she'll change her mind and come out to play.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Woohoo! The LHZ seed has officially arrived to the party. I just got home and there is a very small tap root barely peeking it's head out now.

Let the fun commence!

They're going into half gallon pots in a few moments. I'm putting a mix of 60% FFOF 40% perlite at the bottom and a mix of 3/4 FFHF soil conditioner and 1/4 perlite on top.

My logic on this is the seedlings won't get hit with the hotter FFOF right away and will have a nice little supply of worm castings, guano, mycorrhizae and humic acid to get the little roots started right. When they reach the FFOF they'll get a little N.

I'll be giving them just a few ounces of pH'd water at first, checking twice a day.

I also have some Great White mycorrhizae I'll dust in when I replant to the 25 gallon bags in 2 to 4 weeks.

I'll post a pic when the first one breaks ground.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I believe cubanos are in order...

17. I have rapid rooters unless you aren't talking about cubes... Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Seeegars!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Lmao, I thought so at first but then looked up cubanos and they're a Cuban sandwich.
    :lmafoe:

I figured you weren't talking about no damn celebratory sandwich so you must be suggesting cubes to put the seeds in before dirt...

Cigars! Light em if you got em buddy. I'm having a toke or two.

:smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 2
  20. I checked the seedlings this morning. The CBD is barely above ground and still wearing her shell cap and none of the rest have pushed up yet. It really wasn't picture worthy.