2018 Indoor 2 - MHM x 2, DOS, GG4

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StickyBudHound, Jul 1, 2018.

1. #1 StickyBudHound, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    IMG_20180630_223346.jpg Grow Day 1

I remodeled my grow room yesterday and added my 4 new ladies in waiting to it this morning. They are 2 Mount Hood Magic (MHM) on the left side of the room, 1 Dosidos (DOS) in the back right and 1 Gorilla Glue in the front right. All have been manifold trained and I will be doing the 2nd trim in about 2 weeks after they get settled in.

I'm using 25 gallon fabric containers this time around. My medium is equal parts FFOF, FFHF Soil Conditioner and extra large perlite.

My water is through a RO filter feeding into a 40 gallon rain barrel.

The nutes I'll be using are FF Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching along with Botanicare Cal/Mag Plus, Hydro Organics Earth Juice Hi-Brix Molasses and Direct Output Dissolved Oxygen.

My lights are VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable Series PAR450 450W LED Grow Light - 3 Dimmers 12-Band Full Spectrum. Their actual draw is 210W.

I just finished grow 2. I made a few small errors on that grow that I've learned from and I'm hoping to have an even better grow on 3!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I fucking envy your growing space!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Congrats...as this is a RO water grow

I'd be adding some calmag/epsom satls at each watering

just a pinch to make up the minerals

that have been stripped out with the filter

good luck

ps avoid having water sitting in the under tray

it will lead to root rot

or even gnats

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice and clean man. Should be a nice grow. I’ll stick around to see how they turn out. Good luck man

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 StickyBudHound, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Everything about this grow is due to what I've learned from grows 1 and 2. I'm narrowing in on exactly how to work with what I've got.

I'm reeeaaallly liking my remodeled space. So much more room. I would have liked to share the lights between all the plants but joists above just aren't cooperating...

Yes, I'm using cal/mag on each water, thanks for the suggestion @vostok. I believe you're one of a few I learned about RO water from and the need to feed with Cal/Mag because of it.

I'm thinking grow 2 will net about 6 to 8 oz with the LST I was using before. This grow will be more manifold technique and avoiding the larf.

Thanks for the kudos!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looking good man I wanted to try the 25 gallon pots bit im just stuck on the 10s

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm hoping to create better root growth as well as more oxygen. I switched from 20 gal plastic and I've added lots of extra large perlite and now Direct Output Dissolved Oxygen to this grow to make sure I'm providing oxygen to the roots as much as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Happy growing:weed:

• Like Like x 2
  9. #9 StickyBudHound, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Day 6

Busy week. Just getting back to these girls. Gave full nutes for the first time today after last water on Day 1. I tied them each down again to continue manifold training. Getting close to the second step of taking off the 2nd and 4th nodes and everything below. Thinking I might try to have a 4 way split on main branches, at least on the GG4 and DOS. MHM grows big no matter what so, might not try to grow more on them.

Nutes today included Cal-Mag at 1 tsp per gal, Big Bloom at 6 tsp per gal, Grow Big at 2 tsp per gal and my new Direct Output Disolved Oxygen at 1 tsp per gal.

IMG_20180707_200004.jpg

GG4
    IMG_20180707_193738.jpg

DOS
    IMG_20180707_193759.jpg

MHM 1
    IMG_20180707_193908.jpg

MHM 2
    IMG_20180707_193844.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. #10 StickyBudHound, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Day 19

All is well. I received my new QB132 boards today that will become my new flower lights and I'm so stoked about it! Still waiting for the drivers.

These girls have a few more weeks left in veg but they're coming along nicely. I've been using some super cropping techniques as well as LST.

Watered and fed tonight. Same amounts as Day 6 with the addition of a tsp of Tiger Bloom.

IMG_20180720_183957.jpg
    GG4
    IMG_20180720_183742.jpg

DOS IMG_20180720_183807.jpg

MHM 1 IMG_20180720_183834.jpg

MHM 2 IMG_20180720_183857.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Congrats on your new lights! Your grow space and your plants look great, I'm still learning all about super cropping and manifold training so it's cool to watch it in action

12. Thanks, @irishgreen39. My current blurple lights are great for veg but they're useless for flowering. The QB132 boards should be a game changer making them well worth the money. I should be able to increase my yield quite a bit. I'm shooting for a 6 oz minimum per plant; about 2 to 3 times what I got on grow 2.

Without super cropping my Mount Hood Magic on grow 2 it would have easily exceeded my height restriction. I'm making sure they all stay low this time. I used to be sooo careful to not damage them. Lol, now I'm snapping and bending their branches regularly without a care. The result is amazing.

:love-m3j:

13. Love all the space you have. You are about a week ahead of me on qbs, mine arrive tomorrow. Don’t mean to butt in, but just wanted to share a link to what you’re headed for with your swirlin screenless scroglines:
    Main- lining

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dude those are some seriously awesome looking plants! Great job on the mainline and absolutely beautiful SOG. How was the yield per plant? What height were you able to keep under?

• Agree Agree x 1

15. Thanks, only the right widow has been harvested so far but still drying, my target for her is 8+ oz, dry; the left widow is a diff pheno, looks smaller but nugs even harder than the other probably close in wt.

The two c99s have 2-3 weeks left, cindy’s have smaller diam colas than widows, but are supposed to produce quite a bit more wt, we’ll see.

All of them are in 18-20” ht bubbler buckets with 1” ht base on rollerballs; 12:12’d at 12”, probably around 22” now, right on the razor edge of bleachville 20-21” below 1200 led watts of Kind leds. Tips on cindys all bleached, dimming my lights didn’t help and couldn’t raise them higher.

Got a 9’ ht 4x4 that i’m putting my qbs in, so i don’t expect to be able to use the height excuse after this grow, probably start with “just got my qb learner permit”.

I haven’t done soil indoors, but outdoors those 25-gals would produce monsters, too bad our fall rains/humidity would likely rot those girls outside. I wish you all the best!

• Like Like x 4
  16. 8+ oz, dry? nice job

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I finally had some time to devote to building my new light frames. These are holding the QB132 boards I ordered from Amazon along with the LRS 350-36 driver to control them. Each of these frameworks of 4 boards will push 300W when I'm done. I built 4 of them last night. 2' x 3'. Very light. Tonight I'm going to get them connected to power. I still need to build the wiring harness back to the driver.

IMG_20180804_163010.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nice build man. I just pulled the trigger on 4 qb120’s to build a new light myself.

• Like Like x 2