Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would police get a warrant over a couple grams of weed in my house ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bannanamannn, Aug 25, 2017.

1. If somebody tipped off the cops that i had a couple grams of weed in my house, what extent would the cops go to, to prosecute me? Would they even bother getting a warrant over a couple grams or even residue? I live in MN which is a medical only state. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. no one is going to bother doing the paperwork and seeing a judge to get a warrant to search a house in the hopes of finding a few grams. at most there will be a record that says someone reported you had a illegal substance at one point in your house.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. They will come for you.

You can give me your weed for safekeeping. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. You are paranoid. Stay home and lock your doors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Unless the police think you are a scumbag or someone has a vendetta against you cops are not going to mess with a couple grams. Read your local newspaper, in your town do they ever post 2g drug bust stories? Probably not. Of course if someone has it in for you they could lie and tell the police you have bricks of hash laying around, then they would search your place. It all depends on your town's attitude towards weed. The cops I've talked to say as long as you aren't dealing and you aren't in public view they don't care how much weed you smoke in your own home.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol at all these "they won't just down your door for a gram", cops are unpredictable, do what ever they want half the time, let's not forget court, guilty until proven innocent. If you're not in a legal state, they don't need a warrant, he'll ina legal one they don't need it. Anyone saying otherwise hasn't dealt with the long dick of the law. They'll come in if they please. Find the weed and charge you. Warrant? You allowed them to come in. No video? Judge don't give a damn about your word, they will side with the police.

People get locked up for paraphernalia here in California still. Just takes someone like yourself who doesn't know the law, handcuffs, lockup, can't get to that phone to bail out, dudes one get off, too many people in holding. Welcome to gen pop. I know I'm paranoid, but when it comes to police and invading your home, they'll do it. Then quickly come up with a way to get around what they just did. They have all the time in the world. Went through it firsthand. 11,000 thousand later, I'm innocent.

Warrants mean nothing. Wait till you get locked up and start with the "well they didn't have a warrant, it was only a couple grams".... HA !

/rant

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Just tell the shadow people to tell you when cops are around so you can hide all that weight in the toilet.

8. I agree with the dude who said never trust the cops. They actually do illegal stuff like that all the time. In this case however, I would have to say you don't have much to worry about.

Minnesota is an up north state with a medical program so the cops are probably a bit chiller and more understanding. They might have no interest in a couple of grams of weed for a small misdemeanor charge. That being said, keep a low profile and definitely stay away from people willing to rat over a few grams. Why did they do that by the way, did you rip someone off?

EDIT: I looked up Minnesota law. The most they can punish you for under 42 grams is a $200 fine and possible drug class. You're not getting your door kicked in for that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was just high and paranoid when i wrote this question up lol, but i told a "friend" (no longer friends, fuck him) that I would give him a pipe. I gave him free weed in the past and figured he was using me, so i decided i wanted to sell it instead. He was pissed and when i called him out on his shit he started over reacting. This was right after i picked up weed with him. We got in an argument and then He called the non emergency number in front of me and gave them my name and license plate # and said i just bought a few grams of weed from a dealer. I drove home asap and sat in my house paranoid, then wrote up this question. Ive been layin low lately and make sure not to drive with weed. He never gave my actual address though. Im assuming with my license plate info they dont need it though.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I was going to post another post for you. I looked on norml.org, you can get 90 days in jail if weed is found in your vehicle in a place OTHER THAN THE TRUNK. So as long as it's in your trunk you'll just get the regular posession charge. The dude sounds like a total dick sorry you had to deal with that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. All I can say about the dude who called in your license plate number is Karma is a bitch, and I hope it hits him fucking hard, what a piece of shit