Which LED to choose?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Johnsonbigs, Mar 24, 2014.

1. \n
    Hey guys, I have been researching LED's and narrowed my search down to a few lights and are looking for some input. I have a 4x4x6ft stealth box and want to grow some killer slicky. I have approx 5 yrs of grow experience but have been out of the game for 2 years because of kids and stuff.. Anyway, I am looking into these 3 lights: Apache AT600, Black Dog Platinum Xl 750w, CLW SolarStorm 880w. I am really looking for guys who have 1st hand knowledge, thank you for your help guys!

2. Go with the 880, I have an older model 400 and I'm going with more wattage as soon as I can afford it, but I have plenty or "results" pics. Take a look over at the bud shots forum. I posted a couple on this thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/bud-shots/545754-post-your-organic-bud-shots.html/page-66

3. Isn't the solar storm only 1w diodes? I heard it doesn't have a lot of penetration into the canopy...? Would you recommend the 880 or two of the 440's side by side?

4. Those pics are nice, very frosty! +1

5. Have a look on ebay for VIPARLED. they are very cheap and work a treat. results

6. #6 KouchLoch, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Here's a link to the spec sheet: http://californialightworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SS880_Specs.pdf. The 880W has 5W LEDs and a pretty wide beam angle for optimum coverage. One 880W should do a 4x4 area easily. I get a good foot of canopy penetration considering the shape of the lower buds in my tent.
    SAM_1177.jpg

Thanks for the +1!

7. Wow bro, those babies are frosty! What size area are you working with? And will you go with two 400's (440's new model) or one 880w? Thank you for your input bro.

8. I have a 4x4 tent and a 3x3 flood table. I'm going to upgrade to a single 880W and a 5x5 tent, so not a big jump, but I can get more plants in a 5x5.

9. Sounds good bro, I will stick with the 880w too, keep it simple :)

10. Anyone have links to yield.  I'll take any measurement as long as the harvest is properly cured.