Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's wrong with my crockpot method?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by solitude0410, Nov 2, 2022.

1. I've only made edibles 6 times over the last several years. The first time I had to worry about smell so I used a crockpot, it just worked. I got a mason jar, I put the flower in the jar, put the crockpot on high for 8 hours with some water in the crockpot of course, and there we go, decarbed bud. So I took the jar out, put a stick of butter in it, closed the jar, and back in the hot tub it went. 8 hours later, I had cannabutter, I'd strain the flower out through a cheese cloth, and I was on my way.
    In the past 3 months, I've tried this 3 times, and I keep thinking it won't happen, but I'm decarbing the bud successfully I guess. But when I throw the butter in, and check on it 8 hours later, sometimes half, sometimes all of the butter, has leaked out of the mason jar. There's no water in the jar, so it's not like it's not sealed. I can't think of anything I'm doing differently either.
    Of course I could use an oven now, I just like the crock pot method anyway.

2. You have a hole in your jar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I'm not saying no, but I have been using a new jar every time, from different stores, usually the "brand-name" mason ball (or whatever it's called). Also, if it had a hole, wouldn't it leak water in too?

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Decarb Cannabis 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.

5 grams of Decarbed Kief-Hash or powdered Buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Finished oil strength
    Powdered Buds 1 drop = 1mg THC
    Kief-Hash 1 drop = 3mg

Tools used
    A glass door toaster oven
    An oven thermometer.
    A small stainless steel Cat food dish.
    Eyedropper.
    Empty Capsules.

Coconut oil hits in half the time as any other cooking oil.
    Lecithin doubles the bang and duration.
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Kats
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Mine.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Someone is stealing some of your cannabutter? Magic? Are you using real full fat butter or the watered down version? Canning jar lids are designed to release pressure when the contents heat up and then seal as the jar cools. Do you lay your jar on its side where the butter could leak out as the jar pressurizes?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Are you sure it’s just not being absorbed into your flower?
    When I make my butter I usually end up losing some butter to it being absorbed and my straining of the butter.
    I usually want 4 sticks when I’m done,so I put in 5 sticks now

• Like Like x 1
  7. I never tried this method. I only use @BrassNwood hash caps or I do transfers from tincture - in your case to butter.

• Like Like x 1