What to do with the frosted leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by emt1581, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Never harvested before but my blueberry fem is around 2-3 weeks out. Buds aren't getting huge but plenty for us to smoke. Anyway, the leaves that look like their frosted on the buds....let them dry with the rest of the bud and smoke them or trim them off and do something else with them? If so...what?

Also, is there a name for those leaves?

Thanks

-Emt1581

2. They are called trimmings, you can do many things with them. Make butter infused with thc, oil, tinctures, hash and other concentrates.

Can you post some pics of your plant?

3. But you can't smoke them?

I'm going to have to look up how to make the things you listed.

Thanks

-Emt1581

• Like Like x 1
  4. You can leave them on and smoke them just fine. it's more of an aesthetic thing to cut them off the buds. I like to trim though, and like professor k mentioned, use it for canna butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maybe try something simple like bubble hash. It's an known method and been perfected over the year and easy for beginners. Just need the mesh bags, 5 gallon bucket and ice and water.

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

• Like Like x 3

6. First off, awesome thread!!

Secondly, for it being your first grow you seriously went pro with the light/tent/and nutrients!! Can't imagine what you spent.

I started out using the light in my vent hood over my stove and graduated to a clamp light with an 85W CFL on a timer and a small space heater to keep it at 74. Later I added some aluminum foil covered cardboard for some reflection. Only things I added were urine, coffee grounds and miracle grow. Next time that list will definitely be changed, especially if we enjoy smoking it. I want buds the size of my forearm instead of the ping-pong ball sized ones I have now.

As for the frosted leaves I think I'll let them on the bud and smoke them. Might get experimental with the other ventures next time.

Thanks

-Emt1581

7. Urine? Your gonna smoke your own piss? That's kinda epic

8. Just a small bit for the nitrates (or nitrites)...I didn't empty my bladder on it.

-Emt1581

9. Thank you man. The light cost me $500 but I only got it after local growers recommend it. It's an huge first expense but in the long range it's going to save money.

I'm not sure about Leaving the trim on. It will make the bud very "grass" tasting. Leaving them in for drying to grab the most favor and then trim it off and use it for bubble hash, butter, or coconut oil.

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls