Cmh315. One Amnesia. Final weight 167.1 grams.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FuZzYBuDs, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Good day to everyone.

I decided to start a journal while I do my first grow so I can show my results and hopefully get input from pros on my grow. The more input the better.

So the set up.
    2x4x6 tent
    LEC315 sun system
    Fox farm soil mix with 25 % perlite
    6"discharge fan
    4" in take fan
    Pot size will be solo at seedling
    1 gallon transport.
    Five gallon final.

Im currently cracking 6 seeds. Five are a local "vendor" random seeds. Mostly kush background. One is a pass me down from a friend who got it as a freebie from Worlds of Seeds. It is amnesia female seed.

I drop them in 1/2 cup water. Waiting about 18 hours for them to drop. Place them on paper towel and drop water on towel. Place towel over seeds to soak rest of water and protect seed. Place in cool dark area. Standing by after one day.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Once they sprout I will transport them to the solo cups. Digging them about an half inch down. Depending on length of roots.

I'm going to start the seedlings under the lec 315. Most I have read recommended to keep at 24" distance, but most of them are using a hps which is hotter than a 2$ hooker on army pay day.

Do you think I should lower the light? It runs cool so I can hold my hand inches away without problems.

I'm cracking six seeds. I know one a female. Hopefully I get two females from the five random seeds. If I'm lucky and get more I will move them to the veg tent.

I'm only growing for me and trying to stay within a low punishment sentence if caught. I'm not trying to sale or profit in anyway from this...... now!!! Always a dream to be able to be a farmer of Mary Jane for a living. Once legal in my state or federal I hope my grow skills are ready to advance.

For this grow I'm trying to figure out what would be the best method. Should I do the scrog method or let the three plants brush up in the tent themselves. They will be topped once or twice depending on growth. One bad side I think about the "natural"way is the tent is 4'across. The lec 315 is suppose to be an godly light but is it enough for a 4' area? I'm thinking it would be best in a 3' area so scroggin those ladies would control the growth under the prime zone.
    Any one have thoughts on the LEC 315?

I will post more once they crack. Until then, thank you in advance for your input and comments. As a network we can grow the weed of the earth to bring society to a peaceful middle. The understanding of the past and future should not interrupt the moment of enjoying the now. Focus on the now.

Sent from magical device that gives me bud shots and hot girls Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  2. #3 FuZzYBuDs, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Update on the seeds.
    Both groups have been cracked and dropped in the soil. The amnesia female cracked early and was planted on 8/2. She is already breaking the soil. The other five was dropped today. I did have trouble with these seeds. I accidentally let the towel dry out and re-moist the towel. The roots don't look promising.

The soil was ff ocean with 75/25 mix with perlite.
    [​IMG]

Below is the seeds from local person. Possible bubba kush. I wanted to label the seeds so I can watch how they grow. I'm worried that at least three of them won't make it Anyone have input on these roots?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Here she is
    [​IMG]

I just added the thermostat and the fan. I currently dont have any fan exhausting and inputting. I'm getting a 6" in a couple days.
    Do you think the current airflow of fan on floor and vents open is go enough for a couple days without harm?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

• Like Like x 3
  3. I'm not a grower but I love watching people grow there bud, so keep it up. It looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Fuzzy....yes, the only thing you've got to do at this point is keep the temp down in your tent so they don't get damaged by heat. Sun Systems makes pretty good equipment. I've used some of their stuff before. As a matter of fact, I think all my hoods for my flowering lights are made by them. I'm not sure you've got enough wattage to do more than 1 or 2 plants...which should be plenty to take care of your own personal needs once you get into the groove of growing these plants.

Right now you're in the veg stage and goal here is just to grow your plants to the size you want them to be for flowering and to top or prune them as they are in veg in whatever way you wish. I start topping mine just as soon as I know they have established roots after going into the Solo cups, and start putting on foliage again. They do don't much other than sit there while they're rooting in....so you give no water or anything else until you see your plants starting to put on foliage good. But be careful of the distance of the light. If you can hold your hand under it at the level of the top of the plants and it doesn't burn your hand, it won't burn your plants. You need to keep the light down over them as close as possible without them being burned by it to get the most good out of your light and raise the height of it as needed as the plants grow up into it. Keeping the light closer to your plants prevents the plant from stretching and also gets that lower growth to put on out too. We run a 10 week flower cycle so I have 10 weeks to take clones and grow them to the size I want for flower when I harvest the plants that are in there at the time. Generally, I can get one to between 3 and 4 ft. tall and after having topped it multiple times during the veg cycle, the number of tops is many. They look like little trees and are most beautiful, IMO, after they've been in the flower room long enough to just start putting on buds. That's when they're lush and pretty...my favorite. LOL

Right now concentrate on learning what you need to do to grow your plants out the best you can in veg. Avoid nutes and allow your soil to feed for you. No new plant needs feeding for awhile and starting nutes too soon or giving too great a concentration is only going to burn your plants, stress them and set them back...which takes time to recover. Never ever ever ever ever!!!!!.....water your plants unless the container feels like it is dead dry.
    That's just the way you do it. If the plants aren't drooping, they are not dry. Eventually, you'll learn to read the plant like a book. It will tell you absolutely everything that is going on with it, but you have to become familiar enough with it to be able to recognize what it's saying.

During veg: No watering till dry. Only repot when your plants become larger than the container they're in (wider and taller than...which usually means they are slightly root bound and that is the point they need to be at before repotting) and only go up slightly in size. The fresh soil will resupply the food for your plant so all you have to give is just water. Managing the pH of water is a subject that is debatable. Some say a soil grow doesn't require it and I have no doubt that if I didn't manage the pH of my water, the plants wouldn't die. However, I firmly believe that doing anything I can to keep the roots healthy and open so they can accept the water and nutrition they need is only going to improve my plants, so I do use a pH meter (a BlueLab was the only one I could ever find that would work right and last) and all water/feed solution that goes into my plants is within a range of 6.3 to 6.5...the proper range for a soil grow. If your pH is good on the water/feed going in, things will stay balanced within the plant and you don't every have to worry about runoff pH, etc. But if you're going to manage the pH, understand that you need reliable equipment and don't buy one of those cheap meters and expect it to work properly...they just don't. Most don't work correctly straight out of the box. So if you plan to get one, get a good one. Keeping the pH within range ensures that the roots of your plants stay open and healthy and can easily take in feed/nutes throughout their lives. I firmly believe that is one of the reasons our plants grow so large in such short time. Use tap water (if in the US, straight from the tap since we don't treat here with chlorine anymore), adjust the pH and water with it. There are valuable micronutrients in tapwater that the plants need and use and using filtered waters, RO, etc., just gives you weird deficiencies because of it. If you repot up as the plant grows and let the soil feed your plants, you can get all the way through the veg cycle without giving a bunch of extra chemicals. That's why we pay big money for that formulated grow soil. We use Roots Organics Original and it's insanely expensive, but I can't give very many nutes at all or it burns the plants...which is why we use the good stuff. Less work and less additives on my end of things and I don't like putting a bunch of chemicals in my plants. I want them to get what they need to thrive and no more.

My biggest piece of knowledge about indoor growing is this: It's ALL about the strength and quality of light that your plants grow under throughout their lives. The better your light an the more of it, the better product you will end up with at harvest. You already know how I feel about trying to grow too many under one lamp. But I'm that way because you have to be realistic about how much wattage one of these plants actually needs to get it to give all it's got. Your biggest issue with the grow tent and HID/HPS lighting is managing the heat. However, in reading your post above I see that you are preparing the ducting, etc., to deal with that. Heat will kill a plant as quick as anything else, so it's imperative that you get your temps into an acceptable range. Some strains deal with heat better than others. The sativa based strains generally are hardier and deal well with hot conditions. The indicas tend to be better suited for northern cooler climates. We live in the SE US, so temp and humidity are horrible here during the normal grow season. If I do any indicas, I have to make it in the winter because they just don't do that well here in the heat. They're very slow growers anyway (indicas) because of their tight nodal spacing and just take too long to grow to a size that makes them profitable to take up space in my grow. I vegged one Indica for 6 months before it got large enough to flower...and that was just ridiculous. Like I said above, I can take a clone and get it to between 3 and 4 ft. by time to flower with the sativa based strains we grow.

I guess I've run out of gas because I can't think of anything else to put in this "book." LOL Sorry...I used to be a medical transcriptionist for years and type like the wind...so pardon my long, rambling posts. LOL The more you know, the better your grow will do. So use the forum and it's members and threads to help you out along the way. The search bar at the top of the forums page is an invaluable resource that few people ever see, I think. LOL You can type in a key word or topic and it will pull all threads posted here related to that idea or topic. I think I learn more from looking at others grows and how they handle their system and process than anything else. You can be it's all been tried before so if you have a question, that's a great place to start when needing to find an answer.

Best of luck to you. Blessings!! TWW

• Like Like x 11
  5. The Widow White,
    Thank you so much for your input. I love reading your post and happy I got some first hand knowledge.
    I know you are a big fan of lights and proper spacing. I think trying for three in my case would be a bad idea. I will stick with two as you advised. I was planning on veggin all six. Once sex, I will kill off male and keep the amnesia and one female of the "unknown".
    I was planning on topping them but was in a toss up on how many times. I read it be best for every other nods to top. Do you use the F. I. M. way?

I'm waiting till bone dry. The amnesia hasn't had water since dropping. Will test soil and check if they need water.

Here is some improvements

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

• Like Like x 2
  6. Update: Temp still a problem. The area is in a basement and have been getting pretty hott. I opened her up and put a box fan pointing at her. I think the thermistor is junk. It was a five dollar junk one till the good one arrives. I do have two new ones breaking through. One showing leaves and other just making its escape. I get the fans tomorrow to resolve the heating issues .,,,,,, hopefully. Lol.

Here some pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Update. I finally got my fans. Got a 4" exhaust and a 6" incline. I'm not sure if that will work out because it causing my tent to puff up. I will see if the smell escapes that way and I will change the fan.

I just watered them today after three days. They was dry and leaves was showing some signs of being thirsty.
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    The amnesia is growing nice. I'm going top at the next nod. That should be the third one.
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions or help is always welcomed.

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I would run the fan out of the tent instead of inwards to push the air to another room in your house. Smell won't be a problem till you're into flowering. That way the hot air won't be recycled. Following your grow. Best luck!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice Light! If your inline is puffing up your tent, then you have it set up wrong from what your saying. If you have a cf also, your inline should be pulling air from your tent not pushing air in. You should feel the fan blowing outward, not sucking in. That's what's making your tent puff up. If anything is should suck in giving negative pressure. Opening passive vents will help negative pressure. As it won't suck your tent in to much. Plus with your fans inside your tent will help. I don't know to much about Lec lighting, your using cmh bulb for veg? Your light looks a little close IMO from what I see. I know Lec lights could be closer to the canopy, but during seedlings and popping I thought they should be higher but like I said I don't know too much about them lights. Look at this thread it may help you out.
    Good LuckLEC 315 + Dutch Passion Seeds

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #11 FuZzYBuDs, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Hey Robbie ,
    Thanks for the input. I started reading your post and you was talking about having to raise up the light on the seedlings.
    [​IMG]

I think this might be one of my problems. I been having the light close. My babies look weak and hurting. The biggest on is 11 days from breaking soil.
    [​IMG]

But she has also taking a beating by the heat. I'm in a basement and it still having high heat out side which leads to hotter basement.
    I switched the fans around. The 6" is now up top. The 4" is on the bottom blowing in air from basement.
    This weekend I'm going set up piping to outside air and put on thermo switch for the cold nights.

Any more advice you have on the lec 315 ? Love the input

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I switch the 6" to blow out at top and 4 on the bottom for fresh. Thanks for the help

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Update. The temp issue is going down and have provided some good days. Still going to install fresh air intake fan to use the cool mess of the night time to cool it down. I'm going hook it to themo plug to make sure it doesn't get to cold.
    I did top the amnesia this morning and the "u.k" 1.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I currently have the light at 36". Away. I know it seems like a lot. I will watch for stretching and maybe lower if needed.

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Topped two more of the unknown hand me down seeds. Could be a bubba kosh or sweet tooth. I topped them after the first nod.
    Letting them dry out and tomorrow will hook up the fresh air intake. They will enjoy life once I get this set up. I can close the tent and maybe lower light as needed.

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Some of them was running dry yesterday. Left them alone but this morning amnesia was pouring for a watering.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I'm going to get rid of the last two that haven't been topped. They aren't produce and I'm not going flower all those plants. Only amnesia and one of the unknowns. [​IMG]

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  15. So today I played the grim reaper. I killed two plants. I'm only wanting to grow two plants and these two out of the six was behind the pack.

The rest are looking good. Just water them after testing for dryness. The light is still a good distance away. Just an powerful Light for them. They are about 20days from drop in soil. Still a good amount of veg time left due to the hard heat issues at first.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here the two that got killed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here the rest happy [​IMG][​IMG]

Check out my first grow.

• Like Like x 2