What microscope to use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KGB Kermit, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Hey peeps,

Just a quick one, I'm trying to check trychomes to establish when ready. I'm on a tight budget and I've bought a jewellers loop which means I can check but it's my first grow and want to post and get your opinions.

So im wanting photos and maybe video(video not essential? What do you all use?

Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. To post pics or vids you'll need a USB microscope that can be hooked up to your cellphone or lap/desktop. A cheap one costs like 15 bucks but you get what you pay for.

Or save money and use what you have to look for the following...

Trichomes:

Clear = not ready

Milky/cloudy = head high

Amber = body high

Partly Cloudy/amber = Head and body high

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. The 'Amazon special' USB digital microscope is excellent for looking at trichomes; but it doesn't zoom 1000x lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys, just bought an 'amazon special' fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol 1000x zoom you would be able to see a single trichome.. bit overkill.. 120x is more than enough.. here's a link to the same subject thread from a couple days ago..

What kind of jewelry loupe do I need

• Like Like x 1
  6. How did it work out?

7. I havent the one in the picture above but a cheap amazon job. It worked a treat, much easier than the jewellers loop.

Only issue is trying to keep the plants still to take the shot. A bit of practice and it worked perfectly :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have to add Do NOT buy the Amazon jewelers' magnifying glasses; very poor make.

• Like Like x 2