What am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sicly, Nov 28, 2011.

1. So i had 5 seeds planted for 5 different plants in jiffy cups. on a 24/0 watered to keep the soil damp not wet. i had proper drainage. tempature was at a constant 75degress an i droped it 10 degress at night. Can someone please tell me why i couldent get a single sprout?

2. ahh P.S. i waited 14 days and not one of them sprouted.

3. bump for the helping pretty please

4. I planted a seed in the winter time once and it didn't sprout until march the following season o on time. It might be to cold outside.

5. O shit just noticed it was indoor. Give it another week or so

6. i already tossed them cause this was my second try with 3 seeds my first time this time i tryed 5 getting frustrated =/

7. Ya that was prob best. Go online to sensible seeds and check out what they have. I have bought some from there before and they germinated in 1 day. This is the plant that it grew

image-2502479965.png

Purple kush

8. Are these bag seeds? More than likely just bunk seeds. Try germinating them in a paper towel first. A healthy seed should pop within 36 hours or so, and a tail should show within 3 days. I've never had a seed take longer than 3-4 days with the paper towel method.

9. I think sometimes you just get bad seeds. I would imagine to that the seeds come from the same batch if your buying it online...just happens its why a plant produces many many seeds odds are that not all will germinate.

People germinate all ways how i do it is how many on here do. Put the seed in a shot glass for 24 hours. The whole time I have a heating pad on low and my shot glass on a plate on top of the heating pad. Then after 24 hours I put them in a wet napkin or paper towel into a a small plastic container with a top put back on the heating pad. After another 24 hours usually all have germinated.

Does it always work no. Last batch I had bought 6 World of Seeds Afghan Kush, 6 World of Seeds Pakistan Ryders. Not one Paki germinated, all the Afghan's did. I attributed to a bad batch of seeds not that method as the others germinated at the same time.

10. Ive had bagseeds that ive been keeping for like 6 years now, just in my draw. every single one I have germed. no heating pad or anything, just moist towels in between 2 plates.

I did try germing in a cup with the paper towel on the inside wall of the cup with the seeds in between the towel and plastic. didnt work for me, worked for others.

@Rhapsodyrcks:

Ive heard alot of people getting bad genetics from bad batches and what not thru seedbanks, but hey what can you do? its bound to happen every blue moon.

11. This whole "bag seed" thing... I've been smoking for years and not once got a single seed in my sack... lol

12. yeah man all came from ditch weed or shitty deals. or some bad bush ahah.
    but you get what your given hey. sometimes i just filter thru buds to find maybe just 1 or 2 out of 3-4 month period. but not much anymore.

13. Get a bunch more bag seed and germ them first, then sprout in jiffy cubes. Place the jiffy tray on a heating pad of your room temp is too low, it will help the humidity as well.

Even with bag seed you should be able to get some to sprout. Get the basics down before risking $100 worth of seeds when you havent had any luck so far getting them to sprout.

14. Thank you all for your help. yea they were all bag seeds from the same batch. None sprouted. Anyone have a close up picture of what a good seed should look like vs. a bad seed?

15. [quote name='"sicly"']Thank you all for your help. yea they were all bag seeds from the same batch. None sprouted. Anyone have a close up picture of what a good seed should look like vs. a bad seed?[/quote]

You say you found your seeds in your sac. So they obviously were accidentally pollinated. When there are only a few seeds that get pollinated they are not very healthy. Your better off buying some fem seeds online

16. [quote name='"sicly"']Thank you all for your help. yea they were all bag seeds from the same batch. None sprouted. Anyone have a close up picture of what a good seed should look like vs. a bad seed?[/quote]

Can't tell ya what a bad seed looks like but from readings, mature seeds should be brown with black stripes or random lines.

From experience, I usually place my seeds in a cup of RO water over night to soak. In the morning or sometimes by the next 2 days the seed will sink and I move it to a paper towel until I see a tail. Put paper towel on a small dinner plate, wet it so its damp but water doesn't run off the plate imediately when turned. Add seeds, then another paper towel sheet. Wet again and then cover snuggly with plastic wrap. Keep plate warm but not hot. And don't allow it to get below about 75 degrees if possible. Check on it from day to day and you should see a tail. It usually takes me two days. One in water cup, and one day in paper towel. Hope this helps. Theres nothin more frustrating then seeds that won't germinate.

17. a good seed wont break if you pinch it with your finger.
    theres another way, where you put it in water overnight. but i dunno about that.
    just always known that if it breaks in your finger it isnt going to be good.