So you got some bagseed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Doc-J, Sep 13, 2011.

1. I've noticed a few people on here saying they had some bagseed, and wanted to know if it will grow. The short of it is, yes, they sure will as long as you have mature, undamaged seeds.

The first pic is a bunch of bagseed, good and bad mixed. Notice some of the seeds are white and pale compared to the others. The more white they are, the more undeveloped they are and wont really grow for you.

The second pic, is good, matured seeds. Noticed they are full, dark in color with nice lines on them. They arent cracked or physically screwed up. Most likely these will germ and grow into viable plants for you. These are the ones you want to try and germ if you are planing on growing from bag seed.

The third pic is undeveloped seeds as mentioned before. These will most likely be a waste of your time to even try and germ.

These seeds are getting thrown away so I will germ some of them tomorrow if anyone thinks it will help them with any more information.

Attached Files:

2. why is that first pic shaped like a chicken foot?

3. I would not plant bag seed, you could spend all that time on a plant and it may be some shitty bud even if it came from good bud. I'd say spend the 20 dollars and buy from a seed bank or a clone

4. I wouldn't use any bagseed.. For the money you need to spend for nutes etc.. You should just buy seeds that are feminized and for sure gonna be topshelf dank..

5. #5 Visionary, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
    Technically bagseed can turn out quite well if it came from a plant with good genetics to begin with. The problem is you have no way of knowing if it has bad genetics that will make it go hermy on you. Also identifying the exact strain could be hard.

Imo bagseed would be good for outdoor grows where you don't care all that much. Just plant it, maintain the plants and hope for the best. I wouldn't use bagseed for a serious indoors grow.

6. Because the giraffe testicles I originally planned turned out to be way too difficult.

7. #7 Doc-J, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    Actually I agree with you. I have four going from bag seed now and wish that I had started out with good femmed seeds. However, quite a few people do bag seeds on their first grow just for a learning experience.

8. Too funny.

Like others have said I too would not plant bag seed now but I have done it in the past and would recommend it to a absolute beginner. What he says does hold some validity as I have got something that ended being pretty decent. And alot of others have too.

9. naa, I wont do any more either, hence the reason those are getting tossed. Even outdoors, I don't want a bunch of males popping up and screwing up my grow. I don't have anywhere outdoors though, and don't believe in guerrilla growing.

Next grow will be with good seeds, and Im debating on trying the hempy bucket method rather than soil.

10. Yea of course you can get some good plants fr4om bag seed, it's the risk of getting a bad one, like the pother poster said you spend all that money, all that time and you could be working for something that is a bad offspring of some bud you smoked

11. #11 Tonytony5944, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
    actually that could be wrong about the white seeds I've seen it myself.. A friend does hydroponic style and uses those white seeds alot, and they sprout..and grow into some dank..

12. Sure they might sprout, but the darker seeds are more of a garuntee

13. True, some of them might sprout I suppose, but most of them I have tried didn't do anything at all. The darker ones at least for me have pretty good luck. I don't even bother with the white ones, as you can see finding bag seeds seeds isn't really an issue so I just don't bother with them.

14. [quote name='"Ohio614boi"']I wouldn't use any bagseed.. For the money you need to spend for nutes etc.. You should just buy seeds that are feminized and for sure gonna be topshelf dank..[/quote]

My plant smells like lemon diesel and it's bag seed. I dont think from it's frosty top and very healthy, well everything, that I'm going to be let down.

15. i think if you take care of a bag seed plant it could come out dank. because some how it could have decent genetics behind it and the grower of that crop was just a dumbass and didnt know what they were doing. the mids i get are pritty dank but have a few seeds once in a while.

16. look guys, i used to use bagseed all the time as long as you get it from good bud, the chance that the pedigree will throw you bad genes is unlikely, i shared seeds with friends and vice versa and had the best on the block, probably could have named some of what we grew, but i will say this, herms are more probable in bagseed than seed banks, and u cant find all those male flowers they are sneaky i found on months later, twistin upmy own, foun a male flower packed inside a bud.

17. [quote name='"CaNtSeEmE2PAC4L"']look guys, i used to use bagseed all the time as long as you get it from good bud, the chance that the pedigree will throw you bad genes is unlikely, i shared seeds with friends and vice versa and had the best on the block, probably could have named some of what we grew, but i will say this, herms are more probable in bagseed than seed banks, and u cant find all those male flowers they are sneaky i found on months later, twistin upmy own, foun a male flower packed inside a bud.[/quote]

Are you supposed to remove the "banana" lol? I thought it would stress her more?

18. Bagseed. Vanilla Kush 100% organic
    (From a medical dispensery bag) 26 days 12/12

Attached Files:

19. see dats what im talkin bout bro, dis nig was talkin bout bananas, and i was talkin bout pot lol bagseed all the way man

20. Use some bagseed for practice. I do. Get your system down before you go spending money on seeds that will fail if you don't know what you're doing. I have some bagseed germinating right now. :)