Water Parameters acceptable for hydro?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by s4ndman, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Hi folks,

Im a novice grower with 4 years of (soil) growing experience making his first steps into hydro. Never had any issues untill my first grow on the Aeroflo. Never overfed, temps were in check but the plants kept getting burnt like hell...

I am 100% sure that the largest part of my failure comes from my lack of experience but i want to be sure everything else is in check.

ppm 200

Ph 7.8

Ammonium <0,010 mg/l

Nitrite <0,008 mg/l

Nitrate 5,3 mg/l

Chloride 3,1 mg/l

Sulfate 13 mg/l

Flouride <0,20 mg/l

Calcium 49 mg/l

Magnesium 9,7 mg/l

Kalium <1,4 mg/l

Lead <0,1 µg/l

Thanks in advance for your help!

I apologize for my bad english, its not my native language

My current grow:(mid bloom)

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. You've got deficiencies due the wrong pH - 7.8 is too high for any medium and will lock out elements. Your pH should be around 5.8 - not 7.8. Good luck.

3. Hey MickFoster,

Thank you for your reply.
    You misunderstood. The parameters above are from my stock tap water.
    PH in the res fluctuates around 5.6-5.8.

Greetings.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sorry. I wish I knew more about water. Good luck.

5. #5 gghkj, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2017
    I can't imagine that your stock water (as long as u let it sit for 24-48 hours to try to remove chloramines) is the issue for plants looking that bad . Looks to me like they're burnt due to the usual suspects.. too high concentration and/or pH lockout. I run RO water but have helped friends and they're running tap water no worse than yours.

As Always.. go back to basics. Run 5.8 to 6.0 pH. Never run concentrations higher than 2.0 EC. What nutrients you running?

I would start by FLUSHING out your system, start with a clean slate. How are the roots??? Sure it's not systemic disease, root rot? I run separate DWC so that if one has an issue it doesn't get them all. In a system like that I'd be adding Micro-Tes SOS, etc. Hydrozyme...

What light? Not too close.. keep temps down.

? I took a look at the Aeroflow system, and unless you have something different, how can the plants grow with such tiny reservoirs? !

Roots on my plants easy fill a 5 gallon bucket, at chop they're practically choked inside the bucket .

I think that system is only for little plants...lettuce, etc. pretty sure that's the issue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Hey wahtoogee, thank you for joining in.

The water is, as you said, definetly not the main issue here.
    I did some severe mistakes this grow...fed them full strengh bloom nutes from day one of 12/12 , didnt wash the hydropebbles they are sitting in, used Canna PK 13/14 for the first time(probably did it wrong, will add a Pic of the plants before treatment), pinched the water outlet tube from the biofiltre (all bennies died, massive PH drop) and so on...

I use a Gavita 750 DE fixture 90cm above the plants(air temps get close to 30°C but not above), fertilizing with GHE Flora GMB, Diamond Nectar, AN Vodoo Juice, Big Bud, Overdrive, Rhino Skin, Hesi SuperVit.
    Never went over 1.8 EC.

Root temps were around 18-20°C, although they look a bit slimy but they dont smell at all

I also dont blame the system. Many growers, even here on the forums had good sucess with it. I dont know for sure, but i dont think roots explode as much in aero as it does in DWC.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greetings.

7. Roots should be pearl white , you're battling root rot. You should restart your Rez, sterilize it, run h2o2 or some other agent such as Hydro guard to keep a healthy rhizozone

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

8. Hi Kunkgrow,

Really? I thought the GHE Flora Lineup taints the roots reddish. I had root rot before in a DWC and it looked very different, really slimey and gooey and it stank. Could be root rot in the making, youre right, the side looks a bit slimy...

Greetings.

9. 1 cup hydrogen peroxide 3 percent, per gallon every 3 to 4 days or so will help the algae and root problems. Know that it will lower pH a little, and will evaporate every few days.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks: