6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Upinsmoke420365, Jun 24, 2017.

1. #1 Upinsmoke420365, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Well its that time again. Going to try out coco coir. Coco bricks I hydrated with phed tap water of 6 with Epsom salts. Flushed with phed 6 tap water. Planted seeds directly in the coco. Took 3 days and they are all coming up. 3 gallon air pruning pots.Will keep this grow updated if any want to follow along.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  2. Quick update, 1 looks a little funky but the rest are growing decent. All others looking healthy enough.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Count me in, interested to see how the autos come along as im considering trying them myself. How many actual watts of CFLs do you have above them?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I will only be using them for a short time, getting a 1200w full spectrum led soon.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Upinsmoke420365, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Quick update. Feeding 1/4th nuts strength, Epsom salts, 1 and half quarts each pot to runoff each day. All feedings phed to 6. LED lighting panel I ordered will be here next week.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Quick update. Feeding 1/4 teaspoon synthetic nutrients npk about 3-1-2, 1/4 teaspoon Epsom salts per gallon. Tap water pHed to 6. Feeding daily to runoff.
    Probably soon will increase nutrients strength to 1 half strength so npk would be 6-2-4 and will continue at that rate until pistils start. Then will feed bloom nutrients. showing.[​IMG][​IMG]

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I came up with a dyi idea so my pots don't have to sit in drain trays all day. I elevated a gate above the pots, and put the drain trays under. The great part is I don't have to keep removing the pots from the trays over and over to remove the runoff. Plus allows more water to drip off the pots.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Awesome! Looks great! I have some about the same size... amnesia haze Auto from Nirvana seeds.... using outside during the day and 600w led for the night time hours!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stop the nutes, you're burning them. At that size they have plenty enough in their cotyledons. And judging by the size of the pots, they'll have plenty enough in the coco for quite a while.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Plain pH water to 6.0 this early on is best in my experience. Make sure you buffer with some calcium in the water if your water is sub 100 ppm. Only need 50-75 ppm of calcium.

Train your autos too by tying the main down around the outside rim of the container. Each node will grow into a full cola in a week or two and by the time flower hits you will have 8 main colas on each plant. This maximizes the canopy exposure to the light to use every photo possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. I should also add that I am interested in how your grow progresses! I have successfully grown Nirvana's Aurora Indica but had been eyeing their Jock Horror (Jack Herer remake) for future grows. Which was also my first grow... think I need to give their genetics another shot!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

12. I don't know are aware but coco contains no nutrients, it is not soil that has anything. The picture with the red circles, that happened before I added any nutrients and stopped as soon as I added nutrients. I am very aware what nutrient burn is and none of these plants have nutrient burn. Though 2 have slight upward leaf curling, I just think they got to hot around my CFLs because I forgot to kick the fan on for abit. So please tell me where you guys see nutrient burn?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh my bad. It really looked like nutrient burn to me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Quick update. There are starting to take off finally. 2 days ago I switched from 24/0 to 20/4 lighting because I did various reading on the subject and 24/0 will effect yeild in autoflowers. Also, I added superthive to my feedings. Still feeding at npk 3-1-2, Epsom salts 1/4 teaspoon, phed tap water at 6 to runoff daily.
    Will be ordering some different pH down. Currently I am using earth juice, but obviously citric acid in coco isn't pH stable. My tap water is at around 7, when I feed its at 6. My runoff is at 7. So I will try a different pH solution.
    Only problems are 2 plants doing a taco on oldest leafs. My assumption is my humidity was to high, since my humidity has been around 50 percent and has seemed to correct itself. Other then that the plants are taking off.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. If I were you I would lower the blinds. Nothing says" I GROW " better than a room full of pink light!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fixed that the same time I installed the lights .[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Quick update. Only change, I lowered the LED to 20 inches. But they are taking off kinda quick. Probably start LST tomorrow.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]