Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vertigo and anxiety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Starnet1144, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Hello!
    I live in a state where I can get medical canabis, but I don't know if I could find a strain that could help me. I was hoping to get some input. First of all, do states with just medical canabis have access to as many strains as the states with recreational usage?
    I struggle with anxiety and panic attacks. I also have chronic sense of dizziness. I don't know if the dizziness is from anxiety or from vestibular migraines or something else. It also causes me nausea.
    Would it be possible to find a strain that acts on gaba, like benzos: as a vestibular suppressant? Or will all canabis make me more dizzy, not less? Could I find a strain for nausea, anxiety, pain, and dizziness? Or for any of these issues?
    Thank you so much

2. #2 Storm Crow, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Get comfy, hon. This is going to be long! You should have a fairly good selection of strains, including those high in Cannabidiol (CBD).

Talk to the budtender about their high CBD strains! The CBD prevents the anxiety that our almost pure THC strains can cause. Since CBD has no high, it will not make you feel dizzy or disoriented. Since strains vary with area, I can't tell you to look for any certain strain, but you should ask the budtender for a high CBD strain that is an indica or indica dominant

(FYI- The abstract of a study usually has the important info in it so you don't really need to read the whole thing.)

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment. (full – 2012) SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study (full – 2010) Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core

If they don't have any CBD strains, stay away from the "sativa" strains. A budtender that I know has anxiety issues and avoids the strain "Green Crack" (a strongly "energetic" sativa) like the plague! Like me, he prefers the "indica" strains that are more pain-killing and sedating.

These folks can fill you in on CBD and all it can do for you- Project CBD: Demystifying the facts behind cannabis and CBD Just click the "Beginner's guide" on the right side to get started.

I can tell you that CBD does help with nausea according to animal studies. (Didn't think you'd be too interested in actually reading them, so I skipped putting them in.) Both CBD, and its precursor CBDA, work on nausea.

CBD also helps with neuropathic pain, which is often hard to treat with opioids. My late husband had neuropathic pain and used CBD tinctures (20/1 for day use, 4/1 for night). I still have several of his little bottles of CBD tincture, 9 months after his death. (This Saturday, they will be going to a friend who just told me today she has been diagnosed with cancer. CBD fights cancer in several ways.)

Cannabidiol modulates serotonergic transmission and prevents allodynia and anxiety-like behavior in a model of neuropathic pain. (full – 2018) Cannabidiol modulates serotonergic transmission and reverses both allodynia and anxiety-like behavior in a model of neuropathic pain. - PubMed - NCBI

(FYI - allodynia means a certain type of pain)

I happen to suffer from "regular" migraines and I have found, for me, "indica" strains works best at preventing them. :yay: (My migraines are from a childhood head trauma.)

Effects of Medical Marijuana on Migraine Headache Frequency in an Adult Population. (full – 2016) (PDF) Effects of Medical Marijuana on Migraine Headache Frequency in an Adult Population

And since I am sure you will want to do further research, check this out!
    New 2019 "Granny Storm Crow's List"!

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ginger helps with vertigo... and peppercorns for anxiety... if you like hot or spicy eat lots of each and see how you feel... you can titrate your cannabis dosing too with the peppercorns = Cannabis Black Pepper.