Urgent Help Needed - Sprouts Dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Belacttu, Apr 20, 2016.

1. So this is my second indoor grow, I've had some outdoor experience. I planted two Bangi Haze and two Blue Mystics. At first they all looked great, then overnight, became what you see in the pictures. One of them, one of the Blue Mystic, did perk back up, but the rest are dying and it would appear quickly.

I suspect it's a case of over or under watering, but I'm not sure which. They're under a 600W HPS turned DOWN to 450, but I've never seen sprouts do this. Not in my experience.

So I'm turning to you fellow blades to try to save all four of my plants!

1461118932199.jpg 1461118936741.jpg

What appears to be going on and how can I fix them? I thank all of you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. The cups do have plenty of drainage, and a few air pockets on the side of each to help offset any issues with oxygen deficiency.

3. I also get excess drainage every time to ensure the soil doesn't nute burn the young plants. The water seems to go through nicely, not to fast or slow, but I think I'm guilty of giving them far too much water. But before I cut them off, I want to make sure they aren't "drying out" since there are similarities between over and under watering.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My two guesses are over watering or heat.
    I watered the solo cups and didnt water again for about a week. But that was outdoors so im not sure how often youd water. If you think youre overwatering, chances are you are

had some cfls that over heated and i had the lights way too close and the leaves would curl and dry. Looks similiar but the pics are bad quality

Stoners journey to cannabis

5. You are turning them into over tanned jersey grandmas with hps lumens get them under some t5 regular lourecent lights put them 6 inches over them

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well I was concerned about the heat from that HPS so I keep them about 2.5 feet away or so, then I decided to turn the power down to 450 to be safe, I definitely have watered them far too often for seedlings so I suspected it easy over watering. Does it look like they're too far gone? Or should they bounce back on their own or should I do something to help them along? Add some holes to help oxygen flow? Anything of the sort? I'd be devastated to lose all 4 seeds I bought haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. So you think I should pull them out and put them under weaker lights?which I have? Or would turning down the light (which I just did today when I noticed) help? I have them rather far from the light and the power down because I figured 600W was too much.

8. Any ventilation in there? Do you have a fan running?

Stoners journey to cannabis

9. I do, it's actually blowing a wall very close to them but not directly on them because there's a flowering plant in there now that has a couple weeks left. It just shocks me that the one came back to life and the other 3 not so much

• Like Like x 1
  10. But they aren't totally gone yet.. but I fear they will be by tomorrow if I don't figure out the issue and resolve it

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The newer leaves don't seem to be affected on any of them, but their first true sets of leaves are the ones having issues and of course, the growth is stunted.

12. Def just switch to weaker lights and within a week you will have forgotten all about there bad times

• Like Like x 2
  13. Whats the lowest ur HPS dims 2? Looks like over watering, lots of yellow light in pics hard to see. What are temps currently reading

• Like Like x 1
  14. I thought over was the issue but I wanted to check before depriving them. It's 600 that can dim 75% or 50%. I have a couple low power CFLs, not enough to make a grow last but perhaps enough for these little gals.

15. You guys are making me feel a lot better because no one is saying they're gone haha. It really shocked me because I've had seeds that barely sprout and die or not sprout at all, but to start getting their leaves.. it was new and terrifying.

Think cutting my HPS down to 300 is low enough or should I take them out and just use those cfls?

16. I just saw you asked about Temps. Typically high 70s, 80 being the absolute highest, then at lights out it'll drop to low 70s.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hps is fine dimmed, CFLs will work well in this stage also. They will likely recover, just lightly water no need to basically flush your baby's every water. Don't water for a few days, i rarely see anything die from over/under watering so keep your head up.

Next time if soil is hot flush it 24 hr before transplant so its still moist but not to soaking for seedlings.

• Like Like x 1