Unsure what this could even be? Anyone have any similar experiences?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Maple Grove 99, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Hey everyone, my amnesia haze auto is having some troubles now on its 5th week since seedling. Light is 20-4 with a 600 and 1000 watt LED in a 2x5 grow tent. Temps range between 84 and 70 usually around 78. Humidity sometimes drops below 20 for about a day but usually is around 40-60%. Usually just feed it distilled water as the soil it's in is advertised as having all the necessary nutes for the first few months. Sometimes I feed it Canna Flores with a bit of general organics root juice and some microbial bacteria, always pH the mix before feeding. This plant is considerably smaller than it's twin on the same regime. The other plant is in a pot one gallon larger, and has almost none of the same symptoms. Any ideas what could be causing this? IMG_20181214_005948.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I can hazard a guess mate..
    You say your soil has enough nutrients in to feed your plant for the 1st few months!!!? It sounds like you are using Miracle Gro or an equivalent. This is not a good soil for cannabis mate, as it delivers too many nutrients at the wrong stages of your plants life cycle. I would suggest transplanting them both, using a standard multi purpose soil / BioBizz soil etc. This will only have enough food to feed your plants for the fist few weeks - After which you need to be adding your own nutes at the appropriate levels/times. I can see you plant is being burnt on the leaves due too over feeding and it will only get worse if not rectified. Hope I've helped mate

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. looks a bit like you may have over watered your plant ,,,,i cant see much perlite in your potting soil ..more perlite would have helped you if over watered ..plus you may have over fed with you nutes too.that happens a lot with using compost with a few months nutes already added to the potting compost ,was it miracal grow compost ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. No it's a specifically designed compost soil for cannabis. It's a local brand I got at the grow store. Most growers around here use this or biobizz. It's all organic compost with kelp and castings and the like. I've been feeding that mixture lightly for about 2 weeks but this just started with this smaller plant.

5. No just a local organic compost mix from the grow store

6. I would still be cautious with anything claiming to be able to feed your plant for months mate. The reason why all your leaves are looking brown and burnt is due to over feeding with nutrients. You may want to give her a good flush to see if it helps mate

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just flushed it, I think the claim was actually like 5 weeks in a 5 gallon pot or something like that. If it was nutrient burn wouldn't I see it in the other plant on the exact same cycles?

8. Picture of other for reference

Attached Files:

9. That seems more reasonable mate (5 weeks) - I would just keep a close eye on the other one and if the same symptoms come up, then flush away! There is no mistaking your burnt leaves are due to over feeding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. How to Fix Cannabis Nutrient Burn | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the help! Ill flush them for a week or two and then play it by ear when things clear up.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks for the help! Ill flush them for a week or two and then play it by ear when things clear up.

13. Good luck mate, any time

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not necessarily, each plant can have different nutrient tolerances.

My New Grow

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm with mactheman.

I would suggest over fertilization and/or over-watering. Get more drainage. Flush with water and then use other soil or mix that soil with at least 50% other stuff (large perlite, coir, peat moss, sand/rocks, Fox Farm/etc soil, etc) for proper drainage and to dilute the mixed in nutes/fertilizers in that soil. Did the shop you bought that soil at mention what types of plants it was made for? Potted/garden or roses/veggie soil? Make sure you use soil made for "tomatoes" which tends to be the best for cannabis.

16. I bought it at the local weed grow store, it's for marijuana. It's mostly made of peat moss, compost, coir, perlite and some added nutrients like castings and such. I don't normally over water, only just before taking those pictures to try and flush the nutrients. Normally if anything it can become lightly underwatered every week or so. Normally I water no more than 4-6 ounces every 3 days or so.

• Like Like x 1
  17. If you’re truly only watering 4-6 ounces every 3 days you’re not giving it nearly enough water.

My New Grow

• Like Like x 3
  18. I agree that's not enough. Proper potted plant watterings should completely fill up and water ALL of the soil/whatever mix in the pot and about 20-40% should run out the bottom so there are no dry pockets of soil or parts that don't get watered or nutrient hot spots. Completely drain and then let it dry out, it should take a few days for the first few inches of soil to get completely dry (depending on a lot of factors).

How hot is it usually in there during the lights on times? Maybe its too hot and doesn't have enough water to keep cool?? If its almost 80 that's getting close to the threshold and you should use a fan on the plants or one at the top to get the hot air out and/or one at the bottom to get cool air in.

19. #19 HydroponicFireman, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  20. I meant to say 14-16 oz every 2-3 days. When the topsoil is bone dry up to my first knuckle I pour until it starts to drain out bottom. Soil pH is about 6-6.5 and temp with light averages 78. I have a fan to bring in cool air. Temps rarely above 80-82.