Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tips for AVB oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Coffeybean94, May 31, 2020.

1. Going to be making a single batch - half cup of AVB oil in a slow cooker tonight. Does anybody know if I should add lecithin and cook the finished product in the oven at the end? Also I plan to use butter flavored coconut oil. Anybody think that could be an issue? Thank you in advance for any advice!!!

2. My advice is to choose a tested & trusted recipe, and then follow that recipe exactly, step by step. Don't guess, improvise, substitute ingredients, or cut corners. If the recipe calls for lecithin then use lecithin. If the recipe calls for cooking in the oven for 20 minutes at 220F then cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 220F. If the recipe calls for butter flavored oil then use butter flavored oil. And so forth.

I personally have had excellent results with this recipe and can recommend it without hesitation: Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

However, that recipe is for fresh/green herb (or hash). With ABV on the other hand, I typically do not make oil with it. Rather, I grind the ABV to a powder in a coffee grinder, and then add it to the mix for baked goods like brownies. Or if I'm feeling too lazy to bake, I just sprinkle some ABV on top of fatty/cheesy food. For example mac & cheese & ABV works well for me.

I do not recommend the slow cooker method for ABV. The couple of times I tried slow-cooking with ABV, I ended up with an oil that just made me really sleepy, without any THC "high" sensation.