THE INSANE Dinafem White Widow HAS MOLD?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shotnva777, Mar 13, 2012.

1. #1 shotnva777, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    Ok so you've seen and know the story... If not, here it is (the OP/journal) .....

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...w-like-**dinafem-feminized-white-widow**.html

Now I'm thinking she has a mold problem! Here's a video update to show the plant and my concerns! Better than a ton of pics! I get my grow tent this Monday coming up, for now she still lies in her box.... I've grown 10+ plants in this box, never had an issue with "mold", if thats what this is! Def not bugs AT ALL, POSITIVE! And every other grow has grown FLAWLESSLY using this EXACT setup!

Using the FF Trio Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom - all as directed per Fox Farms feeding schedule! She gets substituted with 5-5-5 All Purpose Fish Fertilizer every 2 feedings and she's had 2 doses of molasses (1tbs to 1gal) in her lifetime (once during mid veg and one during the stretching phase of flowering. The soil that that molasses is feeding is an Organic Potting Mix by McDonald's nursery, which is also buffered and beefed up by Dolomite Lime and Fox Farms Happy Frog (non water soluble fert made from shit in the sea) lol. Its just mixed in with the soil initially and then only given water for about the first month of veg, give or take. Just depending on if the plant shows signs of deficiencies and shit, than I start the normal feeding schedule.... Okie Doke.

She does not get over fed OR overwatered... EVER. Her soils' PH is at a perfect 6.5 (perfect for me! Lol) And ventilation is good, stays around 80 during the lights on, about 70 lights out....

I'm just trying to explain that everything has been pretty much perfect on my other grows, other than stupid rookie mistakes at first. But my last 5 grows, perfection. So why the hell is this plants leaves doing what they're doing and fuckin my grow up!? !?! Lol

Here's my scenario .... I think the leaves got molded due to the excess LST'n I was performing on her, she was a thick plant to begin with.... And then I gave her a good foiliar feeding after a top/branch snapped on me! Thick bushes with hardly ANY PENETRATING light + lots of water = mold = me having to cut back the plant by trimming moldy leaves = stunned growth of the bud sites and tops! Photosynthesis is fucked up IMO.

..... PLEASE LEMME KNOW WHAT Y'ALL THINK THOUGH! THANKS! I NÉED THIS HARVEST BAD, GETTING KINDA DRY!

***EDIT - VIDEO WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS ITS "APPROVED" BY YOUTUBE! GIVE IT ABOUT 30.... ALSO, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE REASON MY TOPS ARE YELLOWING FROM THE INSIDE OUT?! ALMOST FROM WHITE HAIRS TO YELLOW LEAF TO DARK GREEN TIP, ALL IN ONE GORGEOUS MOTION! BUT I FEEL LIKE ITS JUST A DEFICIENCY! LOL...

2. Ok... So the video wont upload at the doctors office I'm at... I need a wifi connection and the only one IS THE DOCS - very SECURED! Anyways....

Here, y'all can peep A BUNCH of pics I took though... Hell, you can probably make a video with ALL these! Lol...

Need to get these leaves to stop dying in the fashion they are! THIS INFESTATION HAS already COMPLETELY DESTROYED 3 main colas/tops! Thank god theirs a shit ton of them! Lol... What's going on here fellas?! I still think my scenario makes the most sense....

Though I must say, it seems like its stalk is "healthier " than the previous pics I took of it and its getting MUCH, MUCH better airflow now that I've trimmed it back so much... Those 3 colas just piss me off and I'm sure all this stress on top of it will SEVERELY F my yield up!

3. Sorry guys, heres some pics from yesterday.... Looking like poop. Give me five to upload n post them....

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I lost 3 tops yesterday COMPLETELY! AGAIN! DEF A MOLD PROB OR SOMETHING! Cuz this shit spreads like wildfire!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But I don't get it.... Shit STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN!! !!!!!!!

5. I see no mold whatsoever.

Dude,

It's budding. Maybe a little bit of nute burn or something. That's all I see here.

On a lighter note, Sweet lookin plant dude! I read your whole thread a week ago or so. Good one:cool:

:smoke:

6. #6 shotnva777, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    *EDIT - THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS BRO! SHE WAS A WEIRD PLANT TO BEGIN WITH IF U SAID U READ THE WHOLE THREAD! I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENENED OR WHY?! I'M THINKING SHE OUTGREW THE BOX AND THE ALST'N* (check bottom) JUST MADE HER BUSHIER AND SHE CAUGHT SOMETHING FROM BEING SO DAMN THICK (TO THE POINT U COULDN'T TOUCH, MUCH LESS SEE TH MAIN STALK! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE I WAITED TOO LONG TO FLOWER :( ) NONETHELESS, IF SHE FAILS, I HAVE A TENT IN TRANSIT THAT'LL BE HERE MONDAY AND IMMEDIATELY HAVE ALL THE ROOM I NEED FOR MY THREE, 5 GALLON BUCKET, "FEMINIZED SHARK ATTACK" SEEDS! PLUS. NEW MH FOR VEGGING AND HPS (400W) TOO! SHIIIIIT, ILL BE IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR! HAHA! **

Dude i think she might be a lost cause after all of this time and patience with this mutant! I gave her a chance because i dont believe in killin plants.... I got the grow season coming up, she may just be a lost cause.... I say all of this because u haven't seen her TODAY yet tho.... Peep this video and ull see my problem TO THE T!

GETTING WORSE AND WORSE BY THE DAY.... UNLESS SOMEONE CAN HELP ME SAVE HER, ISN'T MUCH ELSE I CAN DO! ANITS NOT WORTH THE AWFUL SKUNK (AMAZING IN MY NOSTRILS BUT NOT IN MY ROOMMATES! LOL) SMELL OR TO SACRIFICE THE DAMN POWER BILL OVER HER IF SHES NOT GOING TO RECOVER IN WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE "LATE FLOWER"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG5rGCV92tA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

*ALST'N (Assload of Low Stress Training) lol!

7. Yeah that would seem more likely to me. I can't check out the vid right now though

Good luck!

8. OK - SO NOW I'VE REALLY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM...

PLEASE excuse my idiocracy! My timer is set to come on around 12 pm and go off at 12 am. Well guess what!?

BRINKS TIMERS SUCK NUTS! THIS IS THE SECOND ONE THAT'S FAILED ON ME AND POTENTIALLY KILLED THIS PLANT AND ALMOST ANOTHER ONE WITH THE SAME TIMER A WHILE BACK!

I never knew it tho because I go to work at 6am and don't get off until about 6pm.... I'm usually exhausted and head straight for bed. Well I had no work this morning and as I was adding wood ashes last night for what I thought was a potash def..... 12 o'clock hit. Lights didn't die! So my GORGEOUS AND WHAT WAS GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL HARVEST HAS TURNED INTO SHIT BECAUSE THIS THING IS PROBABLY STRESSED TO THE CORE! GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW LONG ITS BEEN LIKE THIS! FUCK BRINKS!

SORRY FOR RUINING IT GUYS..... ANY ADVICE? OR IS THIS THING TOAST? I THINK IT WAS PROBABLY CLOSE TO 3-4 DAYS OF 24 HR LIGHT CYCLE! THINK SHE'LL CATCH BACK ON OR DO YOU THINK IT ROOTBOUND?

9. You can blame brinks all you want...

I run brinks timers on multiple flowering rooms. Never had one fail and everyone was bought from a common store. Just because you had one fail does not mean the company or all products are junk. Did you overload the timer? They have a max amp rating on them. I also run cheaper times than that and have modded some to do other things and never had any burn up. I don't push max rating on them ever though. They are to cheap for that.

As far as your light issue goes if it was 4 days of 24 hours light it may be an issue. THen again it may not. I have seen some strains turn in as little as 1 wrong light cycle (but this was rare and only once) and others take a week of wrong light cycle and nothing. You have the choice to revert it and then start flower over or just keep on going.

You kind of jump around in your post and mention mold light and root bound. Sounds like you need to really survey what you have going and determine these things. I don't believe in root bound in the conventional sense personally as I have seen plants in 20oz beer cups that are two feet tall yield 2 oz. Of course they needed water 4 times a day. Check your root system... I don't personally ever re-pot after the onset of flowers on the plant but that is your choice. if it does not have a lot of growth yet it is probably just fine to re-pot. Others have differing views so pick which suite you best

10. Looking at your pics, I think it looks more like the start of powdery mildew. I also think you may have fed them too much and it looks like some 'nute burn'. I wish you had taken a pic of the underside of the leaves that may have the white spots on top of the leaves....
    Powdery mildew typically happens when you have too much humidity in the room, and not enough ventilation. If it is PM, you will need a sulfur burner to get rid of it.

keylime

11. #12 shotnva777, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    I figured out both the problems! Potassium deficiency FOR SURE! I've faced it before, I'm not sure why I didn't think of it, guess its because it wasn't as a severe of a case and was fixed by simple ferts. I added some burnt wood ashes last night before her first 12 hr "NIGHT TIME" in THREE DAYS! And, with that being said! ADDED ON TOP of the potash def..... just some good 'ol heat stress! Watch the videos in my other thread (if I can ever maintain a wifi connection for the second vid! Lol...)

Matter fact, thread closed.... She's looking better already after JUST some lights out, a trim, some ashes and some good ol earthworm castings, bat guano and ST! Refer to original thread for info on the plant and its (NO MORE! HOPEFULLY!) problems.... Not a mold issue. She's back on track at 12/12 and I'm STARTING TO FINALLY get my undergrowth I've been looking for!

Hopefully she'll fully recover.... PEACE!

OH and no bash on brinks, I use another brand timer now tho.....