Anyone seen a plant grow like THIS? **Dinafem Feminized White Widow**

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shotnva777, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Been growing for a while but its usually a single plant, maybe 2.... For my personal medical use. I use CFLs and am running about 500+ watts of true cfl power. I mix my spectrums, but its mostly under about 4 "daylight" cfls, the huge "soft white" 300 watt cfl and a T5 that's also soft white.

That being said, plenty of lumens for the "small" square footage of my grow box. (Ill post a pic of a fruity loops Kush in full bloom from 2 plants ago) So u can get an idea of what I'm working with.

Plants been germinated correctly, planted correctly, transplanted correctly (it needed more space than the Dixie cup was providing!) And is in a 60% organic perlite, 50% "McDonalds Nursery Organic Potting Mix". I also give the medium a small amount of egg shells (for calcium), granulated dolomite lime (that I crush into a powder (but also leave a few "granulates" - for later use in the medium and as a buffer). Then the mixture is topped off with Fox Farms Happy Frog 5-5-5 "powdered" fertilizer (I dilute the directions by 1/4 the recommended dose - I like this in my medium as it has much good mag/Cal, which I ALWAYS seem to have deficiencies with!)

Lastly, I water this plant thoroughly! But ONLY once she dries completely, and I mean DRY! Anyways, Ph meter reads 6.3 - 7.0 consistently, but I feel as If its at a good level with the buffer and I 100% trust my meter! She's being fed the Fox Farms Trio (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom) throughout her grow. She was started on Big Bloom (bat guano and earthworm castings - less than a 1 in all GUARENTEED NPK values for those not familiar and its recommended by the grow schedule to start from sprout, once a week.) Well my feeding day is every Monday right now with one watering on Thursday (its all perfect timing pretty Mich) I go back and forth every Monday of big bloom and grow big. I think I'm going to cut out the grow big tho, seems to be a TAD too much as she's showing SLIGHTLY burnt tips. New growth is very dark as well.... Ill cut back.

Sorry for the spew but wanted everyone to know the dealio..,..

Here's the question and pics! Has ANYONE ever seen a plant start like this? Its growing backwards almost? New growth spots are everywhere but between other clustered growth spots! No fan leaves, just a bush (almost a bud type thing?) Lol... on top of a THICK main stalk! There's already crystals on the new growth, theres purpling, its just CRAZY looking and odd.... Is this a dinafem trait?? I've heard they put out strange plants that turn into MONSTERS!

ANYWAYS, WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK? WANT TO HEAR SOME COMMENTS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What the heck? Is this a bonsai tree? Never seen anything like this!

3. I had a plant grow like this. It was bagseed tho. It was stressed a bit too and ended up beihg a hermi...I also forced flower early too.

4. Looks like you got yourself a mutant!

5. some wonders =D....
    if this grows properly, might turn very good!

6. Wow I'm subbed, never seen anything like it, can't wait to see how it turns out!

7. this could end up like a cool mystery novel following this grow. That thing is wicked looking. I can't wait to see what it turns into.

8. Try Pm ing Lumperdawgz2 and have him look at it he really knows his stuff!

9. Looks stressed do you have a small fan to keep the heat down from those lights so close. Maybe move them back so it can reach out a little more so those leaves have room to grow. Are you flowering already or still vegging?

10. I recently decided to try growing autos, which I haven't done directly myself in a long time, and included a Dinafem sativa, and it was a mutant somewhat like yours. It just stopped growing out from the top and tried to push up from the sides. I let it go, hoping it would redeem itself in the end, but in my case it never did -- the whole plant ended up kind of like one big (actually small) bud, but it wasn't really bud. I ended up trashing the whole thing, and I'm not growing out any more Dinafem, even if freebies.

11. i think its the cfls on the side. the plant stretches towards light. it will take longer for the plant to get taller and will grow more like a bush this way.

12. That plant needs a helmet...durrr I dont know how to grow right

13. I think this guys got it ^^^^

14. The 300 watt cfl (aka my f'n THIGH!) is what hangs right above her... I just have to move it out of the way for pics) She should be getting PLENTY of pull from that. This is how I've vegged AND flowered all of my plants, never had a bush on a stem! Here check out a cpl of other grows done in this box..... I usually get about qp harvest in this box from one plant at a time.....

THIS PLANT AND THE BIG PLANT ULL SEE IN PICS ARE NOT AUTOS BTW!! ONLY THE SKIMP LOOKING ONE I HAD LST'D, SHE PUT OUT A TERRIBLE YIELD BUT I THINK I JUST HAD THE WRONG STRAIN AND DIDN'T GROW LONG ENOUGH.... THAT BEING SAID, THE "BIG" PLANT WAS A PHOTOPERIOD FRUITY LOOPS KUSH THAT TURNED OUT AMAZING!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AND HERE IS THE SKIMP AUTO!

[​IMG]

15. is that Dinafem Feminized White Widow an auto flowering strain?

16. QUOTE=jiffypiff;13763865]is that Dinafem Feminized White Widow an auto flowering strain?[/QUOTE]

The grow now from the OP? No, not an auto. A freebie from The Attitude, just a "Dinafem White Widow", in a 5 quart pot, looking like a christmas tree! Lol....

Its growth is SO SO SLOW though, its like its stunned. I mean u can see growth but its own lay on the thickness of the main stalk and this bush thing getting bigger! Their isn't even fan leaves (which scares the hell out of me! Pretty important for the growth cycle, especially vegging and is prob the main contributor to the slow growth! )

Anyone think I should replant this thing in a jiffy pot or something? New soil? Just confused, I think this thing is just a mutant! She has a HUGE rootball, Ph correct, 60/50 organic potting mix/perlite mix.....

17. soil is to hot with nutrients

18. It looks dope dude. Grow it out and let's see how it turns. There's a good chance it wont produce much but it's still worth a try

19. Hot with nutes? In what way? I see no signs of it being "hot" other than ONE older leaf's tip and its been cut back from its grow big feedings....

Oh she will be tried and I think it will be a mutant MONSTER! I CAN ONLY HOPE THOUGH! We'll see what happens!

20. I had a GDP that did this (although not quite as intensely) and I ended up just throwing it out :/

waste-o-space