Temperature in grown box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mali, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Hey guys, it's been awhile since I posted but I'm still having the same problem since the last time. I cannot regulate the temperatures in my box I cannot get it below 80, I know it should be around 70 how else can I get the temps down. I have a 6" exhaust fan in the back, 2 pc fans for intake. 1 more pc fan just on the inside and a small circular fan. So a total of 5 fans and it's still not cool enough. What am I doing wrong

Attached Files:

2. I'm having the same issue I'm going to run a bubbleponics setup but I have the room running with no seedlings. I can't get the temp below 90. the grow tent is is my garage in central Cali. A growing guru should chime in anytime now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. You have any pics of your setup? Can anyone give us any tips lol

4. I don't right now. It's a 3x3 and 4 ft high
    The bones are pvc and the outer layer is blue tarp and the inner layer aluminum foil. a very very cheap diy grow tent. Im working on a Scrog with pvc as well. And I have one fan and no ventilation. But it's not 100 percent closes off the front "door" is just a white sheet. And for tight now I have just one t5 2ft 2bulb light fixture. Just for the first few weeks then ordering a 300w led from Amazon

• Like Like x 1
  5. . [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's in a garage. I placed an ice pack in front of the fan and the temp lowered a few degrees. I'll check again in an hour or so. Worst case scenario I'll keep a couple ice packs during the day and throw them in the freezer at night. And keep that routine

7. Hey glad to see your still going for it!! Your box will only be as cold as the air your blowing into it. So if it's still over 80 outside your tent, and your using that as your intake, it's gonna be minimum of 80 in there. I'm not too knowledgeable on this, but I've seen a few things about high temps being more tolerable if the humidity is up as well. I'd maybe do some research on that. It might be an easier solution than lowering temps for now. But it won't work in flower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Make sure your exhaust fan is blowing out? Also the pc fan in the first pic prolly isn't doing much if it's backed up against the wall like that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Imho your light is big for the area. Pull air out of your room and position your fans to push air upwards to bring cool air up to the light

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. I thought that but I really don't want to purchase another light I have 2 fans blowing air in from the bottom you can't see it in the pic tho

11. Run your lights at night when the temp is cooler in the garage

• Like Like x 2
  12. What kind of light is that anyway? Also what are outside temps like? Whats your target temp?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Right now I just have 2bulb t5. And I'm going to order 1 300w mars led for right now until I can afford a second one. Outside is over 100 degrees back to back. I'm in central Cali. And right now I'm at 91 but I believe I can get it to 85

14. I see it possible. Make sure the room is sealed and you get air out of the room. I think the mars would make a big difference. I run led and i have a tent in my room. I was having hot temps until i placed a exahust fan into the tent and opened the bottom vents. New cooler air gets sucked into the tent from lower ground. If you can get some ducts see what you can come up with. Good luck with everything

15. It's a cheap diy grow tent the room is not sealed the door is a shower curtain. Haha yeah funds are low. But I've seen people do it with less.. I'm currently looking for a small tower desk fan with cooling option. But no luck yet

16. If you have a target in your area i would check out their clerance. They might have fans for cheap since summer season is ending. Though you are in cali.. lol

17. whats the outside air temp

18. Outside is triple digits all week.

19. I have a ledgle led grow light 300w, the temps in my room are around 75-80 and outside it's been like 90 all week. Will my plant grow if it's at these temps

• Like Like x 1