teeny tiny scrog box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by illegal_smile, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Heya,

For those of you that have done this before, what are the logistics involved with trying to do a small one plant scrog grow in a box that's 12"deep, 12" wide and 30" tall? Think that's a little over 2sqft. I assume the plant will react accordingly to the size constraints and not grow as big? Would a 70w HPS be overkill? Possible?

2. bump for help...

3. my box is the same size as yours, you might run into a heat problem with a hps inside that small of a box but if you have good ventilation you could probably do it. You should look into low stress training your plant its good for when you have a small area to work with. Theres a thread about it in the absolute beginners section.

4. I'm thinking I'm going to go with fluoros and not deal with with HPS so it should be cooler and easier. I'll check out low stress training thanks

5. I do scrog in a 2foot by 2foot by 51 inch tall box. Right now I'm using 180 watt LED but back a while ago there was a 400 watt hps/mh in there. I believe if you have good air exchange and fairly low ambient temps, you'll be ok. Btw a qualtity 90 watt ufo led would rock your plants world. VP