1 ft by 1 foot by 1 foot grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by young blaza, Dec 29, 2008.

1. hey GC, im recording a grow journal for my fr4iend since alot of people seem interested in it, well the first plant he is doing is a bag seed that my friend called great britain or something like that, the next ones hes doing are proboly going to be drawf strains, anyways, the plants sprouted two days ago and are looking healthy any tips or comments are welcome and needed, bad or good, ill also be posting some pictures soon

2. my help is here if you need it. what lights are you using and 1 x 1 x1 is not a very big space even for a dwarf strain. im using a 2. metre grow tent 1 week into flower and my plants are 2.5 foot tall by nearly 1.5 foot wide.. please post some pics asap...

3. right now the lighting is 24/7 2 60 watt cfls ill get pics as soon as possible im trying to fix my camera

4. u do realise the plant will out grow what you are using by 1-2 weeks what size pots u using/soil/ nutriants/ air circulation.. etc etc is this the first time you have ever ever grown?? if it is i will see you right to the end... how far off plants is your lights.. and what lights u using for flowering??

5. im using a very small pot to help stunt the growth and also LST, im using soil for tomatoes that my mom uses, so far no nutes, and im using a pc fan for the circulation, yes its a first time grow and rite now the light is 3-4 inches off the plant, and im going to use some daylight CFLs when i start flowering

6. #6 stickyfingaz89, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
    that will not stunt the growth it will only cause a root ball wich will choke the plant and kill it my friend u need to get a bigger place to grow.. take my advice

example back in the early days of my grows i tried to grow under a bed about the same size as the space your using and they out grew it in aroud 1 - 2 weeks you really need a minimum on of 1m x 1m it get even a half decent amount unless ur growing dwarf plants you wont make it to veg in that space id seriosly get ur new place sorted now befor its to late and your left scratching your head.
    put some pics on have alook at my set up u will c what i mean

7. Yea sorry man, its true.
    Theres no way to finish a plant in that small of a space, and kids right^ its just gonna choke your plant, and it'll never make it.

8. i mean i dont wann piss on ur fire try it m8 n good luck and ily try and help all the way but if your using a bag seed. u could have a 9 foot sativa lerking in the early stages,
    please post pics so i can see the set up u have.. do u not have a wordrobe that u could use they are perfect for stelth, as long as u dont have a nosey mum/ family...
    remember plants grow best in 3-5 gallon pots to avoid root balls, and the pots im using is over a foot tall its self lol put sum pics up bro..

9. in that space its a waste of time bro.

10. #10 young blaza, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    well ill explain until i fix my camrera, so look ive got this big as chest in my room, proboly 2 and a half feet tall, 3 feet long and i dunoh ow to cube it or whatever, then i have a box inside of it that is 1x1x1ft and thats what it is in, im growing in that little box untiol i can get a sheet of ply wood and make some notches inside the box to make like a cover so if anyone goes inside it, and ontop of the ply wood ill probolly have some stuff, then ill have a bigger grow space, and also im doing lst, im going to end up using the pop bottles like your doing in your grow, but until then i only have this 1x1x1 ft space. when i refer to my im talking about my freiend, so im just using my from now on out

11. was using pop bottles m8 for lowryders lol here is my set up for an indica/sativa strain

[​IMG]

this mt flowering set up (same as veg but with diffo light ) its a 2 metre tall grow tent by 1 metre wide by 1m long i have a 400 watt hps with a cool tube reflector with 2 125 mm iline fans keeping the light cool. i also have 2 inline fans one blowing cool air in and one blowing cool air out also a fan blowing air around.. in this picture my plants are abot 2-3 weeks in to veg...
    i switched to flower and transplanted from 2 gallon pots to 5 gall pots and this is 9 days later
    this next picture is 9 days after the last one
    [​IMG] from 10 inch to 2.5 foot in 9 days i hope this kinda shows u what ur upagainst this is no easy chuck your seed in soil its a complex thing that becomes easer in time..

12. i understand that i dont just chuck a seed in the ground i have been researching for a while, basically what im doing is while my plant is starting to grow im building a bigger grow box... ill take pics with my phone for now until my camera is working...

13. heres the pics

Attached Files:

14. o.k m8 i wernt being rude like u didnt know anything.. good on ya for growing your own... best way to do it, always taist nicer when it came from your own plant a serten feeling of personal satisfaction.... i will help u as much as i can and even draw u up nute guides etc etc:D get sum pics up and that chst sounds good if u could tern it around so its 3 foot tall by 2 foot wide.. u could vegg plants till 10 inch and finish at just under 3. are u using them lights till finish as id sujest a hps u can get em cheap on ebay 25.00 for a 400 watt hps

15. yeah all looks good m8 plant seems happy enough at the moment.. yeah that chest will be perfect ternd on its side... cut some holes in it top on bottom with a fan bloaing out and one blowing in....
    p.s although foil works its better terned the un shinny way round stops heat spots...

16. how often and how much u watering atm.. id use about 2 big spoons per day once in morn once at nite untill u transplant..

17. okay, thank you very much, im going to go to the store this week to buy some hps and i might be able to flip around the chest, if i can, and im going to flip around the foil later tonight and yes i gave them about 2 big spoon fulls this morning and i will agian tonight, yeah the only thing imr ely having trouble with is the nutes other then that i think ive got it down, if not ill ask hehe, thank you very much man, yeah im growing for myself cause i know that it will be alot better since i grew it i will ebnjoy it and my friend is going to give me the plant and that stuff like the chest that he has in his room so im just going to put it in my room, im also working on getting some stuff to cover up the ordor when it goes into flowering

18. + rep to you by the way

19. i wouldnt worry yet about the odor m8 always good to think ahead though.. i wouldnt get a hps light and ballast from a hydro store they cost a ton av alook round ebay i got mine for £25.00. terning that cab round will do u great.. is it a top opening cab or draws do u know ehn to start when to start nutes + how to do the test to c if ur plant needs water??

20. alright ill look around on ebay for one, my parents are divorced, but i live with my mom and my dad grows, so i might just ask him for some hps lights, and im ordering a ph test kit soon as well, and you can see how it opens if you look closely, if i put it how you want it would open like a door, so ummm i dont know how to say it haha, and yeah i know how to check if they need water, i put my finger in the soil and inch or two and if its wet i wait another day and feel agian and if my finger doesnt get wet it means water it, rite?