Starting a New Grow: Big Bang

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Ciarán69, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Just want to say thanks to all those who helped me with my first ever grow. I really appreciated it!

So Im starting my next grow. Im doing a Big Bang & a Holy Punch from Greenhouse Seeds.
    2x2 tent
    Migro 100w LED for veg Adding 2 x 300w Red CFL for flowering
    Biobizz Soil & Nutes: Rooting, Grow, Fish Mix, Bloom, Top Max, Acti Vera,
    Atami Bloombastic (for flowering)

Big Bang & Holy Punch.jpg

Here Goes!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Day 1
    I started germinating them on Tuesday & I planted them this morning. I gave them a small bit of water with literally 2 drops of root juice. I have my Migro 100w LED on full power.
    Fingers crossed!

Attached Files:

3. Day 2
    They broke the soil in about 19 hours. The girl with her leaves showing (dirty girl!!) is a Big Bang. The difference in growth in the two pictures is 20min apart!
    Big Bang Day 1.jpg Big Bang Day 1.jpg Big Bang Day1.jpg Holy Punch Day 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Day 3
    The Holy Punch broke the soil but it didnt shed its case so I got rid of it. RIP!!
    I'm feeding the Big Bang water & root juice.

Big Bang Day 3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Day 8
    For her first nutrient feed, I mixed a liter of water with 1ml of Fish Mix & 2ml of Acti Vera. I gave her a half a liter yesterday & I'll give her the rest today & tomorrow if her soil isnt too wet.

IMG_20190504_124206.jpg

6. Day 10
    I gave her another half a liter today. I think she's starting to look good.

IMG_20190506_212829.jpg

7. Day 12
    I fed them on the 10th & I think shes showing signs of over watering. I'll let her dry out before I feed her again

Day 11.jpg Day 12.jpg

8. Day 23

I started feeding her 1ml of Fish Mix & 2ml of Acti Vera in her 3rd week. I also gave her 1ml of CalMag yesterday with her feed. Im having very high humidity at night & I've noticed powdery mildew on the leaves that I've been wiping off with a damp tissue.

IMG_20190519_101413.jpg IMG_20190519_101308.jpg

9. #9 Ciarán69, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Day 29

I topped her 2 weeks ago & I broke one of her colas off 4 days ago. It was literally hanging by a thread. I tied her up & Im shocked she survived!!
    I'll transplant her into a 19liter smart pot tomorrow & I'll put her into flower next week.
    Ive done a lot of research, but Im still not sure should I defoliate her before I put her into flower? I've tied down most of her branches. Any suggestions anyone?
    IMG_20190525_135057.jpg IMG_20190525_134909.jpg IMG_20190525_134856.jpg IMG_20190525_134846.jpg

10. Day 30
    I transplanted her into a 19liter smart pot about an hour ago & fed her a liter of water with nutes. I will tie her down again later & I'll switch her to flowering next Friday
    IMG_20190526_123633.jpg IMG_20190526_123557.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I didnt have time earlier to tie her up. As this is my second grow Im nerveous bending branches etc... so I dont know how well she is tied down.
    IMG_20190526_142734.jpg IMG_20190526_142741.jpg IMG_20190526_142748.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey man!
    Did you ever treat the PM with a spray? Like Green Cure, Neem Oil, Yucca Extract, something like that?

If not it will just keep coming back and ruin your plant. You’ll have to kill the plant and any clones you took because once PM gets inside the plant, it’s forever.

Also noticed the walls of your tent are very wrinkly? If you pull them tight, will get better light reflection.

Defoliating leaves is something you should be doing to the bottom 1/3rd of your canopy. You’ll want to prune off any low growing leaves that touch the pot or soil. These act as super highways for bugs to reach to top of your plant quickly. Also makes it much easier to spray for bugs when you keep the plant skirted.

Low Stress Training, the kind your doing is the best kind! Keep bending and shaping your canopy man! Gently, lol.

“You are unlimited!”
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post, so thanks!
    I had a small problem with PM a few weeks ago but I thought I got rid of it. I cant see it on her leaves now. What about Acti Vera? Im growing with BioBizz & it can be used as a foliar spray.
    I want to put my tent in a press (still illegal in Ireland) & it was a few inches to big, so I cut it down which is why the walls are wrinkly!!

Again, thanks for the good advice

• Like Like x 1
  14. My pleasure sir!

I would foliar spray Acti Vera once a week with a surfactant. Like Soap nuts, Yucca Extract, few drops of organic dish soap (fragrance free).

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'll get what you suggest this week & give it a spray.

16. Would this be safe as a foliar spray?

Ecover Zero Washing Up Liquid 450ml

17. #17 Prepper420, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    That will work in a pinch, when you get more money in the future, would look into Yucca Extract, it’s my favorite for foliar sprays besides making your own soap nut infused spray with veggie glycerin. Lots of info on my journal on this and more!

“You are unlimited!”
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

18. I'll def get some in the next week or two when I have the cash.
    Btw, I clicked that link & man you have an amazing setup. I live in a bungalow & I couldn't fit a cat in the place, never mind swinging it!! :)
    Seriously, I appreciate you taking the time to help me out

• Like Like x 1
  19. It’s my pleasure!

20. Day 4 of Flowering. Humidity is killing me with lights off. I dont have the money right now for a dehumidifier. She is so bushy Im going to have to do a big trim. I've never done it before so shit!!

IMG_20190601_222817.jpg