Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Prepper420, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Hey everyone!! This is going to be my 3rd grow journal on GC. See Freedom 35 & Freedom in Sustainable Gardening for lots of info, recipes, and lessons learned.

I started growing in 2010, No-Till organic since 2014.

Soil Mix:
    I source my Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (CSPM) Premier brand, Earthworm Castings (EWC) (homemade), and Perlite as locally as I can. It's very cheap, high quality, and supports local businesses which is important to me. There are a lot of great websites out there where you can source the organic soil amendments and products;
    Buildasoil.com
    Rockdustlocal.com
    KISorganics.com
    I'll be mentioning different brands and products that I use at home in this journal, I'm not sponsored by any of these companies.

Mix:
    1 cu.ft. (7.5gals) Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss. (Hydrated)
    1 cu.ft. (7.5gal) Earthworm Castings (homemade)
    8.5gals Horticulture Perilite
    2 gals Bio-Char (RAW, uncharged)
    1 cup Alfalfa meal
    1 cup Comfrey meal (homemade)
    2 cups Kelp meal
    2 cups Crab meal
    2 cups 50/50 Neem/Karanja meal
    2.5 cups Oyster Shell Flour
    1 cup Gypsum Pellets
    3 cups Balsalt Rock Dust
    1 cup Greensand
    1 cup St. George’s Black rock dust.
    Let this cook for a month before use. It seems like a LOT of ingredients, but I’m only amending the organic matter portion of the mix, EWC & CSPM.

I use Blumats for gravity fed irrigation connected to a 32gal trash can. Just aerated tap water ran through a simple carbon filter.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

My veg room is lit with a 600 MH Hortilux with a Adjust-A-Wing reflector. Also where I keep my main 65gal Res. The small clones are all in 2gal Transplanter Geopots and mom on the right (Delato) is in a 20gal.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

In veg I have Bubblegum Purpz, Gigabud, Game Warden x Plushy Pinez, Scooby Snacks, Forbidden Jelly, Delato, and GG4.

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Flower!! 5x 600w Hortilux Super HPS in cooltubes over 5x 200gal Geopots.
    Forbidden Jelly front right.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

GG4
    [​IMG]

Gigabud
    [​IMG]

Bubblegum Purpz
    [​IMG]

Scooby Snacks
    [​IMG]

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice setup looks good

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I am growing various other plants and composting my chicken manure for inputs in the garden to save money.

Comfrey (Land Kelp)
    [​IMG]

Horsetail (Silica)
    [​IMG]

Neem Trees (2nd one is in flower)
    [​IMG]

Not pictured are my Black Soldier Fly Larvae farm that I can grind up for chitin, Ca, etc. a home made insect frass. And also Sage, Spearmint, Chocolate Mint, Sweet Mint, and duckweed. All, except duckweed, can be chopped and dropped or made in to a Foliar feed/IPM (extracted to EO).

I also make a fermented flower product, usually out of bananas and brown sugar. Trying one I just made with pumpkin and molasses. . I use this the first 5 weeks of flower with a MBG top dress in the first 2 weeks of flower. 1 Tbsp per gal in the Chapin sprayer, I ONLY USE filtered water in the BLUMAT Res.

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Sounds like you got a lot going on there with the Organics good job I'm organic too but I'm not 100% can't say that but I can say that I'm about 92% I'm going to try some other things this year though so it'll take me outside of it organic realm a little bit I'm going to stretch out a little bit but not all my plants are going to be chemicalized some of will stay organic but I'm doing a comparison this year just to see what I can do on my own

• Like Like x 4
  6. That’s cool man, doing a side by side comparison grow? What are you using?

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 2
  7. What is MBG? Malted barley grain? I have yet to make FFJ, is it that helpful in your experience.

I’m gonna look into the black soldier fly farm that sounds as much fun as my worms!
    That’s cool you bought a neem tree. I saw them online but never got one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yes, Malted Barley Grain! I believe there are benefits to using a FFJ in flower, especially Banana. Proteins in bananas contain potent hormones and vitamins that boost essential oil production in plants. Once the proteins are isolated in banana what is left are potent hormones and vitamins that boost essential oil production in plants. Essential oils are what give flavor to herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Rich in Vitamins, Minerals, Hormones, and Enzymes, Banana stimulates the production of essential oils, which gives plants better, stronger, more distinctive flavors.

I’ve had the Neem Trees for 2 years now I think, they are really low maintenance and fun to have around.

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 4
  9. Howzit @Prepper420
    Good to see you back in the neighborhood!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Hey man, good to see you too! Happy to be back on GC!

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 4
  11. Forgot to post up the veg white board, very important piece of equipment in the grow room![​IMG]

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 6
  12. Do you discriminate against bananas!Organic or not? Does it matter for effect.

Are you unable to plant the neem tree in the ground due to weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Organic Banana ONLY!!! Non-organic are sprayed pretty heavily and we don’t want left over nastiness in our plant food.

I’m seriously considering dropping one into the ground now that their a bit bigger. It might not survive the winter though. Need a gh so badly! Was just moving the 2nd outside and noticed it’s covered in scale bugs...didn’t even think could happen to a Neem tree...lol, damn, will spray it with Neem oil and see what happens!

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Sub. Rooms looking good there prep. Did you so some upgrades?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome Yakattack90! I haven’t made any changes that I can think of since my last grow journal. Waiting on money, I would like to switch out the fabric pots for raised beds.
    [​IMG]

Also need to upgrade my old ballasts and get a bigger light controller
    [​IMG]

There will be plenty of upgrades later this year!

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 5
  16. Flower room looked different maybe just because it's not on full bloom yet lol.

Those raised beds look a treat. Are you having issues with your airpots or just ready for a change.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I like the 200gal Geopots, they work great. The raised bed gives me a few advantages though, like:
    Using less soil.
    Shorter height gives me more space for plants.
    The trellis could attach to the bed’s frame vs standing on the floor.
    The white siding in the Grassroots pot allow less moisture out the sides, keeping the edges from drying out.

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 5
  18. Wetting: Viper City OG XIII

“is a hybrid strain , This strain's genetics include:Viper City OG, and Lemon OG Kush.It originates from: United States. It may taste fruity, spicy, earthy, sour, piney. When smoked, this strain can make you feel euphoria, creativity, calm, numbness, appetite gain, and pain relief.

Negative side effects can include: slight anxiety and slight dry_mouth.

When growing Viper City Og XIII, growers have found that it has a moderate difficulty to grow, has an average of 60 flowering days in it's bloom cycle and is a medium yield plant.” - Cannafo.com
    [​IMG]

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 4
  19. Looks amazing as always prepper!! Can’t wait to watch you grow!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Thank you sir! Glad to have you!

“You are unlimited!”

• Like Like x 3