So today in my drug education class...

Discussion in 'General' started by ashadeofgreen, Apr 24, 2010.

1. We watched the movie Grass and talked extensively about why marijuana shouldn't be illegal and all the positive effects it has and all the lies the government has told us. This was the THIRD day we discussed the great, wonderful, awesome things about pot. Never once has my instructor said anything negative except for that it's illegal. He's also this fluffy old fat man who hasn't smoked in 30 years so he isn't a stoner or anything.

And to think, it was for possessing this incredible plant that got me in this drug class to begin with..

Aaaahhh, I love it! :D

2. Bring some to that class and see how it goes.

3. Interesting.

4. Short-term memory loss is a real issue. This is crucial for highly-motivated college students studying science/engineering/adult majors that actually require intellectual rigor. ie non-social science majors.

Just throwing it out there. Pot is fun, and generally safe, but not too math majors get blazed regularly. I'm sure philosophy majors are high as giraffe pussy constantly, though.

5. ^ It depends a lot on the person. Mr. P got a chemical engineering undergrad and a nuclear engineering masters degree while smoking daily.

I, on the other hand, would forget to put on shoes in the morning if he wasn't around to keep me from floating away.

6. Lol yea I made Dean list all throughout college when I was getting my electronincs degree. I find electrical equations much more enjoyable when stoned outta my mind.

7. The short term memory stuff really doesn't affect me much anymore. I smoke pretty much all day, and still maintain all A's in my grad program. It really does depend on the person. For some people pot makes them ridiculously forgetful, for others it doesn't really have that grasp.

I mean it definitely did fuck with my memory when I first started smoking 13 years ago, but now it doesn't really bother me. I think I'm actually a whole lot more forgetful when I'm not stoned.

8. Well then its a good thing I'm a junior in the School of Art and Design. Looks like I dont need much memory to function in that one... Not that pot effects me like that anymore. In the beginning when I was in high school it definitely did but I only smoked it on weekends.

And please, if you will, explain this whole "actually require intellectual rigor"/"adult majors". Are you implying that people who aren't in math or science fields or career paths aren't as smart as those who are?
    If that's the case, I find that to be incredibly insulting and rude. I put in over 40+ hours a week in the school work for my illustration degree, and I would never call me or the other dedicated people I am in school with "stupid" OR "unmotivated".

Just throwing it out there.

9. I don't think he was trying to say anyone was smarter than anyone else.
    Just an observation that the majority of people in those fields probably don't blaze everyday. Pots definitely had a huge effect on my memory..

10. Actually my best friends live in the Engineering college dorms and everyone on their floor except the RA smokes weed a lot, that's like a dozen students right there on just one floor...there are 6 floors and an east/west wing lol, who knows how many more there are.

11. Banish this troll back under the bridge where he belongs.
    I'm a chem major but come on, just give it up.

12. #14 Misc, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    Dickens is gonna ride his 'adult' major high horse to the moon.

There's no use in trying to deny him of his inherent math-related major greatness.

13. I recently confirmed that I'm going to grad school for actuarial science once I complete my bachelors in a year/year and a half and there isn't a second of the day that I'm not high.
    But LOL at the giraffe pussy comment.