small heat issue

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GregD0925, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Hey guys. How is everyone doing tonight. In getting dumped on with snow and upgrading my grow room. Well I've come across a small heat issue. I have 2 300 watt and 1 1000 watt mars hydro led lights under 6 plants. 4 reveg indica, 1 saliva, and 1 cross all unknown seed names specifically. In in a 3x3x6 tent with AC and 4" cooling online fan and carbon filter. Im using general hydroponics flora series with molasses and florilicous plus and calmag. Im on day 19 of flower since I've switched to 12/12. I've had several successful grows the past 8 years but Im kind of experimenting a little. I've used hps and led combined, all hps, all led. Now Im seeing what kind of end product ill receive if I use 1 high wattage led and 2 lower wattage led lights combined. Lowest temps I can get without running AC constantly is 86°F. I usually have a temp controller but mine took a crap on me today so Im winging it till I get my new one next Wednesday. Small town Montana here...it sux. Anyways, any suggestions on how can keep my temps down without running my AC constantly? I've usually no problems keeping my temps between 75 and 77° on my other grows. If I raise the humidity in the growroom would that help compensate the added heat? Humidity usually around 30%. I just don't want to end up with fluffy buds instead of rock hard nugs with these plants. Any suggestions would help....and if anyone has any suggestions on my experiment feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Have you tried running your light cycle at night when the temps are cooler?

3. Yea I have but I keep my house temp at 68°f all day cause its 18° f outside and we have 4" of snow on the ground. The lights come on at 9am and off at 9pm. Just curious but switching it from day to night when the lights are on cause them to possibly hermi out

4. What about putting the 2 lower watt lights on a different timer so they kick on and off instead of being on full time like the big one.. Might mess with your experiment but help with the temps

400w hid 5G DWC coco Berry Bomb first indoor grow

5. That's not a bad idea budz. Never thought of that. Yea it'll mess with the experiment but it'll give me ball park idea of what results is get. I have them sitting relatively steady at 84.7° but that's still too high for my comfort. Id be happy with 78-79.....just have to keep checking on them. Tried shutting 1 of the lower wattage lights off to see what difference it would make and it said drop the temps 2° bit not enough