RV Growroom

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GrassRootHuppie3005, May 24, 2016.

1. when I get my finances right I intend on purchasing a RV, gutting it, and turning it into a massive grow room. Firstly, what are some things I should look out for when it comes to a setup like that; and secondly I live in an apartment so it's not like I can just park it in the parking lot so any advice on discreet locations generally all cities have that I can park my mean green machine? Thanks to whomever sees and replies in advance.

2. Wow. I just don't know anymore.

Your living in an apartment but want to convert an RV to grow MJ Plants? Are you high right now? Lol.

You can get RV's for free, so that's the easy part. Personally I would start by saving money, getting out of the apartment and finding some land. The legality of Growing in a RV on someone else's property is mind boggling to say the least.

Do you have family that has land you can use?

3. I'm still in school, hence the apartment, but yeah trust me I wouldn't even want anything to do with an RV if I had property, but definitely not taking the risk of growing on a college campus. and to your point I did, foolishy, forget a fundamental part to this equation...thinking having an RV with pounds of weed in it on someone else's property was something that would be 'OK' lol, but to answer your final question I don't have any family in this city let alone any with land. there's gotta be a loophole tho.

4. Might be. Do yourself a favor and call a Lawyer to talk to him about it. We can give you all kinds of advice, but what you're looking to do is something that can land you in serious hot water. You need accurate answers that are geographically important.

Good luck.

5. oh god I did not come here to hear your opinions on the ethics of what might be done, I came to get your opinion on HOW to get what might be done done, objectively without your personal opinions clogging and filling up your replies. jeez. when it rains you get wet, in other words I know the fucking risk.
    now put your little girly emotions to the side, put your thinking cap on, and brainstorm with me...

6. Lol kid. For someone looking to get help you sure do have a funny way of going about it. Now go put your big boy pants on and figure it out on your own.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You wouldn't want to run your power off of a generator to the RV so tr to think of a way to run power to it. You'll also need a good excuse to what your going to tell people you have the RV for.

You can say your running power to it and working on restoring it... It takes a couple of months to grow so you'll have to keep it stealth.

Allot of ventalation and plenty of Carbon scrubbers. But I think it could be done. I would probably say only use one section of it for growing in and hide the separate stages of the plant IE veg flow seedling etc...

Could use a closet or bathroom in r for the veg stage and a bedroom for the flower stage.

Use plenty of Mylar to cover the inside of it to reduce the amount of heat/light escaping. Possibly some sound proofing material as well for the fans.

I think it can work use a T5 set up for the Veg stage and then LED for the flower stage.

8. It would look like a meth lab if you parked it any where. I would rent a cheap apartment off campus if you want to grow a ton.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. You could get a house with roommates and just park it in the driveway. No one would be the wiser

At an apt it would be suspicious having a power cord running to it, not to mention the neighbors.

I have always wanted to do this with a toy hauler type trailer

10. You could live in it and ditch the apt and just go to rv parks

11. do the rv up and make meth, i know a show where the guys done exactly that and made a fortune, few years doing this and you can just buy weed wont need to grow it. i dunno aboot an rv for weed, if i was 15 and came across a rv full of weed id be stealing the rv.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seems easier for a
    Cop to justify entering an rv than somebody coming in
    Apts need to notify u a day ahead just to change ac filters etc And also that's a horrible idea

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. You could get your even and park it at a self storage facility your gonna have to have a source of power a lot at that. You could run gas generators but of course you would be caught in a matter of days thinking your a meth lab already.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. yeah after a couple of days of thinking about it growing weed in a RV is a terrible idea if you don't own land to park it on, and I don't trust anyone I know enough to know what I have inside that RV to park it on their property .Entirely to risky for an act that would get me a minimum of 3 years where I live. So I've come to the conclusion it'd be best to just rent a 2 to 3 bedroom trailer and like you said use a closet (and possibly an entire room) to the vegetative stage and another for flowering. can you elaborate a bit more on the mylar covering and carbon scrubbers? that sounds like some advanced shit (that I want to learn about) so any links to pics of setups with them as well as forum links would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

15. yeah you're right. Ironically enough shortly after posting this thread I found that 'Breaking Bad' show on Netlfix and seen that they had the same idea lol. but I'm considering renting a trailer instead of an apartment, would feel like I have much more privacy...which after all is all a grower wants, right.

16. in this line of work, trust is something I do not have. so trusting even my closet friends with knowing that I grow is a risk i'd prefer to bypass. I appreciate the reply tho, and I hope one day you do get to set up that toy hauler grow room, with the ultimate privacy that we all strive for.

17. I completely understand the trust issue.

I thought breaking bad might have inspired you :)

18. I have relatives that live in rural towns or whatever you want to call them in Alabama and being the country stoner hicks they are they have growrooms in what seemingly looks like abandoned RVS and I was trying to copy that idea but left out the most important factor...I don't own any property like they do to pull that off.
    Sidenote: not much a fan of that show, from the few episodes I watched.

19. No problem man,
    Mylar is what they make space blankets out of like for camping.

You can also just look it it up on Amazon.

Or just paint the room white. Allot of people say that works just fine. If you get a grow tent(also can get on Amazon) you won't need to pain the walls or mess with Mylar or hanging lights from the ceiling or figuring out how to run your exaust it's much easier to set up.

Are you saying a trailer like mobile home? That's not a bad idea just be sure you talk to the landlord about if there will be people spraying for bugs or anything in a monthly badis (had that problem) allot of time you can find one on its own lot and not be bothered.

If there going to do monthly things make sure to know the dates, it's not suspicious to ask when people will be coming in. And be sure to do your grow in a closet and lock it. They have no reason to go through your closet. Or you can use a old dresser as a grow box, again they have no reason to go in a dresser.

If asked about locks, you simply have valuables that you keep safe( it's a trailer park no question will be asked ) and you can set up a decent grow in your house might need 2-3 different carbon scrubbers for your drying area tent etc... Depending on how close by the neighbors are. And if the landlord will have people come by just be sure to turn everything off normally people only come in for less than 5 minutes.

I did a thread on some indoor grow supplies i left out drain pan but someone posted that in the page read the replies to see some suggestions people have made.

600W MH/HPS Plans and links

If the links don't work I listed price and name of he stuff so you can search it on Amazon.

I don't have Mylar cause I'll either use a tent or white paint. Easy to clean/ repaint if you get males or mold.

You can put together some pretty good grow set ups in small spaces you just have to maximize space and be causiois of smell lol

Good luck man.

20. what type of yields were/do you produce growing in a closet (per plant)? also, that monthly checkup shit worries me-reminds me of college- that's why I asked what type of yields should I be able to expect in a closet since using the entire room seems like it won't be a possibility if that's the case with most mobile home landlords.
    p.s.- I searched Amazon for the grow tents and they're all for hydroponic, I'm a noob so i'd prefer to start off with soil until I learn the nuances and then graduate to hydroponics, thoughts?