600W MH/HPS Plans and links

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Guee, Jun 9, 2016.

?

Was this helpful?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It will work

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. I currently grow outdoors, but I am planning on moving eventually (some time after harvest) and I will be growing indoors after that.

I have researched allot about different techniques and it looks like my best bet will be a 600W MH/HPS set up. (after the answers I got about LED's)

Here's links to what I've found. I think for the most part, with the exception of soil and seeds, this should cover everything I need to get a nice harvest off 4-5 indoor plants.

Please let me know if there is anything I left out. The total is just under $600.00
    I know I will have to buy soil, a few supplies for LST and harvest. but as far as grow room will this do?
    Also depending on where I move I may be just covering the walls of a closet with some Panda paper or mylar but If needed a tent isnt out of budget.

Critique and give any ideas I might have left out.

I am also still brainstorming between COCO and soil or If I want to go Hydro.

I also just wanted to share a easy spot to quickly find all the products online for anyone who doesnt have time to search forever.

.....So that being said here is the plan/way I'll be growin.
    Start of my seeds germinating the in the growing medium after soaking in water for a day.

Keep under 24/7 lighting while in Veg,
    Using either LST or Mainlining/manifold, Train the plants to produce the highest yield.
    Switch into flower once plants are ready

Feeding with Fox farm nutrients, and taking clones.
    I plan to have a separate area with some CFL's or T5's to keep my clones and have a good flow of plants to have shortest time possible between harvest.

I plan to order seeds from a US seed bank, and I plan to do my first grow as some Northern lights Fem, Blue Dream Fem, and still researching other strains.

Any suggestions on good indoor strains for potency? I like the Idea of growing a unique plant. Possibly something fruity or maybe bubble gum.

I plan to spend around $150-$200 on seeds, thats the reason I'm planning this very far out. I want to be fully ready, Know how much money I need to have set aside and buy everything I need to get some good results

As well as provide a spot for other new people or anyone to get some quick info on a grow room set up with links. Thats affordable but also good quality.

Light- 600W Apollo Kit ($190.00)

Tent- 48"x48"x80" Apollo ($120.00)

Ducting- $20.00

Carbob filter and fan- Vteck ($140.00)

Temp/Humidity - Digital ($10.00)

PH Kit - General Hydroponics ($20.00)
    Amazon.com: General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Fox Farm Nutrients - ($50.00)
    Amazon.com : Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom (Pack of 3 - 32 oz. bottles) : Fertilizers : Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Smart pots 5 Pack - ($40.00)
    Amazon.com : Smart Pot Soft-Sided Fabric Garden Plant Container Aeration Planter Pots with Cut Handles, 5 gallon, 5 Pack, Black : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Happy growing!!:Love-Plant:

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Bongsauce, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    hi. looks like some of the links and pics aren't workin?I highly recommend coco with GH nutes.. check out ironhead's coco stuff, he's on another level. I used to do alot of soil with foxfarm stuff. When I started my first run with coco I felt like I just entered cheat mode or something.

You might need an ac if your ambient/intake temps aren't regulated at around 70degrees. Just figure the growlights in a well designed setup will heat the grow room/tent to about 10-15 degrees F over ambient/intake. Humidity might become an issue depending on the dryness of the intake air..but ac can help with that as well.

you need a timer..and might want an oscilating fan.
    draintrays? It's reallllly nice to have a draintray that's raised about a foot off the ground so you can let runoff drain into a bucket for removal. ...something like a flood table...or on the cheaper side you can get a clothes washer drain pan. I think those are like maybe 20$ at lowes or homedepot.

I'd do flat white paint rather then panda or mylar...but that's just me. It's easy to keep clean and cheap and easy to replace. easy to clean and sanitize by just repainting in case you ever get bugs or mold.

I dunno that these are US banks..but it's all the same to me.
    for seeds I really like flavors of BOG seeds(average growth, average yield, great high, great flavor).
    GHS's lemon skunk has some amazing flavors with super high crystal content...the stuff is like coated in sugar and clogs my grinder screen(alot of wow factor/bag appeal, average yield).
    GHS superlemon haze is amazing too...great flavor, great high and an amazing grower...it's probably my favorite strain to run in a large setup because of the nice spread out structure and it's really easy to trim(delicious, clean high, great grower, big yield,easy trim).
    white russian from serious seeds is incredible too...I had an amazing strawberry pheno that ppl would accuse me of 'putting something on it' to make it smell better lol. (huge buds, delicious taste/smell)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh I'd there a way I can check the links they work on my side..

And thanks for the info.. I didn't think about a drain pan. That will definitely help out being in doors to keep things cleaned up easier.

The light comes with a timer and I'll definitely need a osilating fan.

If the temp in the room is 70 degrease basically it'll be 80 in my tent even with a exaust fan pulling air through it?

I really might just keep it simple and do it in a wite closet I've seen several successful grows on here that are just in closets I think I might have over though the tent thing.

And I'll definitely read into the coco link you posted and check it out. I read about it on growweedeasy and thought it looked like a good option I just had trouble finding any online or in stores I went too.

Do you know what kind of stores Cary it?

I'll definitely check into those strains too, the lemon ones I've had before have been some of my favorites and have a very distinct smell. You do feel like it's been sprayed with something some times cause how strong the lemon or citrus smel is.

I'd love to grow a strawberry one too that sounds pretty sweet. I had some blue berry one time smelled like blueberry muffins it was nice.

Thanks for the input!

• Like Like x 1
  4. yeh yer tent is gonna be like 10 degrees warmer then ambient even with good air flow, when the lights are on.

best place for coco coir would be hydro/grow stores or maybe a large garden center. Look for hte compressed bricks, or maybe loose bags. It's generally cheaper to buy the dried, compressed bricks and expand it yourself. If that's not available to you check lowes or walmart (sears online has everything,it's weird) type of places and maybe order site to store if possible. I personally use cocotek mixed brick. Just make sure you don't get really low grade stuff that isn't for growing..like some of the coco brick you see at pet stores isn't designed to be grown in...I guess mayyybe you could rinse the hell out of it...but I dunno.

• Like Like x 1