quick question on LST - even canopy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Venom2b2, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Hey guys so my plant was topped and LST in an attempt to create an even canopy. THe problem is 2 of the 9 tops seem wasy smaller than the rest. i was giving them some time to catch up but im not sure now. is it better to remove these two smaller tops to get the growth focused to the bigger tops? or shud i wait and see if they catch up. thanks!

ere.JPG

2. also, question 2; if i switch to 12/12 lighting now will my plant out grow this 1 gal pot during flower?
    20180426_230531.jpg

3. Hey Venom2b2! You plant looks great! When I LST, I keep lowering the tops that are tall until the little ones catch up. At some point you will need to decide that you have enough tops and then flip her to flower. You will still have small branches and at that time you can choose to remove them to focus the energy on the main colas, or let them grow and they will just make smaller buds. She will not outgrow the container, she will grow to fit the container. Bigger container means bigger buds.

Canada Guy's UFO Grow

4. Thanks for you input!, "until the little ones catch up". Will they get as big as the other ones or jwill they always be smaller?

5. this is my first LST so im not sure what to expect

6. thanks! i think will do exactly as you suggest lol.

7. Just keep tying em down, two smaller tops is better than two less tops.
    And your plant has already out grown that container!

• Like Like x 1
  8. They will get just as big if they are the same height as the others. Just be aware new little branches will keep coming until you flip her to flower, even then for a couple weeks she will grow (the stretch) and then start making flowers. If you choose, up pot her, most would recommend this unless you don't have room to accommodate a larger plant. If nothing else just up pot right before you put her into flower, it's not required but highly recommended.

Canada Guy's UFO Grow

9. Best you can do is keep tieing the taller ones down till the shorter ones catch up.. its alot easier with a scrog.. like this the taller colas wont past a certain height and the sharter ones will even tually reach the canopys max & will also start getting pushed back and bended under the scrog..
    Just my 2¢

Hope this helped!!